Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Cognitive-LTC Possibility  (Read 336 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:16:28 AM

As the site developer, shouldn't you have the best answer?

Hmmm, I guess that was lazy.

Well, actually thinking about it, would need to have litecoind running and the blockchain, deposits/withdrawals and be able to pay dividends with litecoins. But having the ability to buy other assets on GLBSE (i.e. using the market) would be a lot more work and not something I'd go so far as to support.

It would mean that the share would be bought with bitcoins and make payments with litecoins.

If the glbse had an area to trade btc / ltc, you could always just execute a market buy / sell for the trader when they go to buy a stock/bond that is denominated in the other coin.

this way, the issuer can choose the coin best suited to them, and you still give all investors a way to take part.

Granted, in this scenario someone who bought an ltc stock with btc would get the divvy in ltc - but the glbse would have an area to trade them back to btc, so really not a problem
or much like you execute a market trade to allow them to buy the stock, set it up so that incoming divvys have the option to be automatically market traded when they come in.

I would invest my BTC into companies operating in LTC if a method like the above was available. I don't want to personally mess with setting up LTC miners/wallets/etc etc.
But if an exchange made it easy to convert back and forth, hell yeah!

*glbse fan, looking to manage a portfolio at only one exchange* Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: