Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:28:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: centralized post of pirate payouts-It is over. Pirate@scammer admits default  (Read 80036 times)
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:12:43 AM

Great, you sound like a whiny homophobic idiot. Congrats on that, I guess. 

I don't visit those pink forums as I have no desire to see goatse multiple times a day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsydney

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:14:43 AM

What's creepy about getting scammed and wanting retribution?

Retribution is not going after someone's family who probably has no idea what the hell their idiot brother or son did.  

Exactly what pirate should think about before deciding on his course of action. Or if his plan was perfect and left no bread crumbs, he has nothing to worry about.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 03:24:31 AM

Retribution is not going after someone's family who probably has no idea what the hell their idiot brother or son did.  

Then why did his dads website go down as well?  At the same time mind you.

Perhaps ddos or hacked? or perhaps his son operated his dad's website for him.  You can't just assume.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:33:41 AM

Then why did his dads website go down as well?  At the same time mind you.

Perhaps ddos or hacked? or perhaps his son operated his dad's website for him.  You can't just assume.

QFT
Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:01:23 AM

For the record, I have around 10BTC invested in pirate(pulled majority out when rates dropped), but I want to see him pay back every cent/satoshi.

He has postured and brayed and called names and refused to be open or helpful about this, even going so far as to "banish" people to the back of the line for daring to ask for their BTC back.

You folks crying foul because his family is about to get dragged into this are not in touch with reality.

In the real world, if someone steals from you, you put pressure on them in a variety of ways to bring about repayment.

Like it or not, this cat has brought all of this on himself with his refusal to play nice.

It DOESN'T MATTER if people were stupid enough to invest with him, or too stupid to see the impending doom.

pirate is taking money out of people's hands which they want/need to support THEIR families!

HE is the crook, not them, and if he cares about HIS family, he will do the right thing.

All you whining pussies crying how it's not fair that his family is getting dragged into this need to sit down and shut up.

It's also not fair to be stolen from.

Life is What you Make it!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 04:16:48 AM

Perhaps ddos or hacked? or perhaps his son operated his dad's website for him.  You can't just assume.

If that is the case, paying a visit to his dad would be a great idea.

Rich kids get kidnapped all the time and ransomed back to the parents.
Why would someone who is potentially in to deep with pirate not ransom the father back to the son.

Pirate paid amazing returns, Bitcoin is full of black/grey area people.
It is not hard to come up with the possibility someone in these areas borrowed from some serious people, and loaned to pirate, making a few points in between.
Such a person would be highly motivated to place some heat onto pirate, by any means necessary.

If nothing else and it all goes to hell and pops ends up headless in mexico, well pirates got a little more to live with doesn't he?

While I disagree with mod censorship and removing posts containing personal details, in the above scenario it is understandable.
Vigilante Justice is a bitch.

I remember when 4chan tracked down a kitten torturer to his house based simply on a reflection in a picture the guy posted. If pirate slipped up even once he will be found. The guy likes to brag and jingle his coins and that makes him careless  Smiley

QFT

No U.

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:21:46 AM

No U.

Quite Fucking True (QFT) does not equate to Shut The Fuck Up (STFU)........

You may want to rethink that zinger of a response.

drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:25:05 AM

lol

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Greed

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:04:23 AM

No U.

The phrase you're looking for here is "Quoted for truth".
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:04:59 AM

So you fucking idiots are going after some dude's family because you're too dumb and greedy to not invest in a scam?  Muh Gosh.  You know all of you dumb fucks will invest in the next one as well. 

Dont fuck with peoples money.

You dumb fucks gave a person who was running an obvious scam money.  You lost.  Give up.  Don't fuck with some dude's family.  Idiot.

Why not? He is fucking with theirs!

Holy fuck, you're stupid.  What part of investing in an obvious Ponzi made you think you would ever see your money again?  Dude took it.  You lost.  Luckily most of you idiots are as incompetent at everything else in life as you are about "investing," so I think these people should be safe other than dealing with creepy mouth-breathers calling them at all hours of the night ranting about some internet money.   

Edit:  Thank you moderators for taking that shit down. 

Basically right. Seeing a lot of posturing about wanting to hurt this guy, but he ran a pretty good scam because I'm not even sure he ever lied to his so-called victims. Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns!

You decided to gamble on a clear scam and lost; I don't have much sympathy for that, and I have absolutely none for harassing innocents.

And as for innocents, I gotta say that Pirate's best promoters on this board are not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. Most of you, I think, knew damn well what you were doing: trying to sign up enough suckers so you could get a big payday before the music stops. If your timing/gamble was bad, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I can't help but notice that supposed "victims" never raised questions about the legitimacy of the scheme until the payments stop coming in. Despite all the red flags. In other words, they didn't give rat's ass if their payouts were coming from scamming others, child labor, extortion. I understand "victims" feel bitter and angry, but I really cannot feel sympathy, no matter how much I try. I can only hope they learned a lesson. Not about trust, investments, ponzis, but about themselves.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:07:27 AM

No U.

The phrase you're looking for here is "Quoted for truth".

I thought it was:

Quit Fucking Talking (QFT)
Willowbitcoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:30:44 AM

Has anyone been out to his place yet ?
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 05:42:09 AM

I can't help but notice that supposed "victims" never raised questions about the legitimacy of the scheme until the payments stop coming in. Despite all the red flags. In other words, they didn't give rat's ass if their payouts were coming from scamming others, child labor, extortion. I understand "victims" feel bitter and angry, but I really cannot feel sympathy, no matter how much I try. I can only hope they learned a lesson. Not about trust, investments, ponzis, but about themselves.
I actually don't think this is entirely fair. Pirate did make a point of saying that he wasn't doing anything illegal or unsavory. So his "investors" had as much reason to think that he wasn't acting illegally as they did to think that he would pay them back. In other words, if you think they genuinely believed he would pay them back (and, if not, why would they lend him money) it seems reasonable to think they genuinely believed that he wasn't do anything illegal.

Of course, this doesn't apply to those people who knew (or were willfully blind to the near certainty) that Pirate was running a Ponzi scheme and intentionally tried to induce others to invest to maintain their own cash flow. Those people are rat bastards to the core.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:51:56 AM

No U.

WTF!  (Why The Face)

bitcoinsydney

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 06:10:40 AM

So you fucking idiots are going after some dude's family because you're too dumb and greedy to not invest in a scam?  Muh Gosh.  You know all of you dumb fucks will invest in the next one as well. 

Dont fuck with peoples money.

You dumb fucks gave a person who was running an obvious scam money.  You lost.  Give up.  Don't fuck with some dude's family.  Idiot.

Why not? He is fucking with theirs!

Holy fuck, you're stupid.  What part of investing in an obvious Ponzi made you think you would ever see your money again?  Dude took it.  You lost.  Luckily most of you idiots are as incompetent at everything else in life as you are about "investing," so I think these people should be safe other than dealing with creepy mouth-breathers calling them at all hours of the night ranting about some internet money.   

Edit:  Thank you moderators for taking that shit down. 

Basically right. Seeing a lot of posturing about wanting to hurt this guy, but he ran a pretty good scam because I'm not even sure he ever lied to his so-called victims. Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns!

You decided to gamble on a clear scam and lost; I don't have much sympathy for that, and I have absolutely none for harassing innocents.

And as for innocents, I gotta say that Pirate's best promoters on this board are not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. Most of you, I think, knew damn well what you were doing: trying to sign up enough suckers so you could get a big payday before the music stops. If your timing/gamble was bad, you have no one to blame but yourself.

What red flags were there that the payouts were coming from scamming others, child labour or extortion? Many people accused pirate of nefarious activities time and time again, and each were shot down very quickly.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 06:18:11 AM

It's funny that the real world developed bankruptcy protection...which would have helped pirate through all this if he wasn't actually running a ponzi and just legitimately sucked at business. Now he's in the warm embrace of mob justice whether he was running a ponzi or not.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 06:20:43 AM

Peace, love and look out for yourself in the meantime.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 06:34:27 AM

I actually don't think this is entirely fair. Pirate did make a point of saying that he wasn't doing anything illegal or unsavory. So his "investors" had as much reason to think that he wasn't acting illegally as they did to think that he would pay them back. In other words, if you think they genuinely believed he would pay them back (and, if not, why would they lend him money) it seems reasonable to think they genuinely believed that he wasn't do anything illegal.

Of course, this doesn't apply to those people who knew (or were willfully blind to the near certainty) that Pirate was running a Ponzi scheme and intentionally tried to induce others to invest to maintain their own cash flow. Those people are rat bastards to the core.

Alright, that's a fair point. However, it was obvious even to me - and I consider myself relatively ignorant of trading, investments, finances, and related topics - that this was a Ponzi. What else could it have been with those kinds of returns?!  The only explanation of investors not asking this question before investing, and while getting their payments, is that they knew all along. This means they didn't mind that their extra money was coming from later adopters who were going to get screwed with even higher probability. The only alternative theory would be that it was a plot to crash the market and return devalued coins with the interest - and no sane person would knowingly invest to lose.

I would never willfully lend money to anyone without them disclosing what their business plan was, who they are, and without checking their references. I am surprised that so many people here - who sound much more versed in these issues - think and do differently, then utter threats here as if they were mugged at a knife point.

I don't get it. How can grownups sit on their asses watching their investment mysteriously grow at cancer rates without asking themselves where it's coming from, and at what expense?

Having said all this, perhaps investors did hope they were participating in a Ponzi, but Pirate was playing the more legitimate market-crash game, and even though he failed, he might distribute back whatever is left. We'll know soon, one way or another.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 06:40:49 AM

I suggest investing in a dodgy bitcoin scheme be forever known as "Planking" as in walking the plank  Cheesy

"Dude, my bitcoin investment is totally planking"

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 06:42:48 AM

Personally, in the overall scheme of things, I think everyone involved deserves to be punished. The investors got their lessons already, by losing most of their money. If they now want to bring some retribution on pirate and whoever else he may have been involved with, who are we who had nothing to do with this to stop them? And why do you care what happens to him or his family? I say let them find everything on everyone, and let us sit back and see what happens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: