Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:51:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't this whole bitcoin thing just a big scammers party?  (Read 2797 times)
terabit (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:41:41 PM

everywhere I look I see scam sites, untrustworthy people, hackers and pyramid schemes running riot,

isn't this whole bitcoin thing just a trap? I don't really see why you'd want to be part of it...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edar

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:42:09 PM

everywhere I look I see scam sites, untrustworthy people, hackers and pyramid schemes running riot,

isn't this whole bitcoin thing just a trap? I don't really see why you'd want to be part of it...
and some guy pirate ?
Coincomm

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:43:11 PM

No.

If it is, stop doing business with scammers.
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:48:22 PM

have you heared about selective perception?

Also are you speaking about dollar or bitcoin?

don't let me make you question your assumptions
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:48:41 PM

Yes it is a scam. Quickly uninstall bitcoin before it's too late! Luckily you are smart enough to discover the truth!  Shocked

scam sites, untrustworthy people, hackers and pyramid schemes
Oh you mean the SAME things that exist with dollars or euros?  Roll Eyes

terabit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:51:18 PM

Yes it is a scam. Quickly uninstall bitcoin before it's too late! Luckily you are smart enough to discover the truth!  Shocked

why are forum members supporting the scams?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74046.0;all

is it just because they find it funny that people get tricked or what?
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:54:40 PM

The good news is the Bitcoin network itself has not been hacked in anyway yet.

The human factor (greed, ignorance, stupidity) is the reason of this scams, not bitcoin itself. It could have been done with dollars instead.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:59:16 PM

We are here for the lulz  Cheesy

terabit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:03:09 PM

The good news is the Bitcoin network itself has not been hacked in anyway yet.

The human factor (greed, ignorance, stupidity) is the reason of this scams, not bitcoin itself. It could have been done with dollars instead.

Ah!!! It's just like real money then (don't know if that's good or bad  Cheesy)
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:14:29 PM

It is not just forum members but the forum itself!!!1   That is a part of the New to Bitcoin? Start here! thread!   Shocked

You've exposed a major conspiracy my boy!  Keep up the good work and you may be asked to work with Phinnaeus Gage.  He is no doubt getting ready to start his next big attention grabbing witch hunt.    Cheesy
terabit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:15:58 PM

It is not just forum members but the forum itself!!!1   That is a part of the New to Bitcoin? Start here! thread!   Shocked

You've exposed a major conspiracy my boy!  Keep up the good work and you may be asked to work with Phinnaeus Gage.  He is no doubt getting ready to start his next big attention grabbing witch hunt.    Cheesy

you're just continuing mocking me and trying to belittle me because one of the scam sites is yours..
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:26:30 PM

you're just continuing mocking me and trying to belittle me because one of the scam sites is yours..

I am mocking your action of joining a forum and the first thing you do is start accusing people of being scammers, and supporters of scammers, without showing the least bit of evidence to support your claim. Is that a nice way to treat people? 

What, did you try one of those free bitcoin sites and get upset when it didn't pay you instantly?  You know you may have to wait a while because a lot of those sites only payout once a day or so to save on transaction fees.  Show a little bit of maturity and investigate things a little bit before freaking out and throwing around accusations.

And no I don't run any of those free bitcoin sites. I just maintain the thread. 

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:29:13 PM

Everywhere you see money you will see those things. If you look harder you will also see honest people doing good work.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:34:39 PM

Yes... BitCoin is a fraud, but dollars, euros, and "pounds" are legit.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:16:54 PM

Every single scam, untrustworthy person, hack, and pyramid scheme you're referring to, had exactly ZERO to do with Bitcoin.

Bitcoin just happened to be the chosen currency in these particular situations. Exactly the same scams, ponzi schemes and whatnot can be found for any other currency.

However, without a shadow of a doubt, by far the two biggest scammer currencies are the Euro and the Dollar. The shit they (=greedy bankers) get away with is unbelievable, yet somehow people and governments keep falling for it.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:14:54 PM

Hey, you expect people that don't know you (and probably don't really care about you) to give you money in exchange for… nothing?! And if it doesn't work out immediately you think a conspiracy of the international scammer organization just made up bitcoin to make YOU waiting in front if your PC for free money?
I never been to a faucet site but I reckon these sites just want promote bitcoins and will have fixed payout limits, and yes, envtually will just shut down because their sick of rude emails from users that don't see cash immediatly.

Go and use your time, bitcoin is money, go and buy it for money.
terabit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:26:28 PM

Hey, you expect people that don't know you (and probably don't really care about you) to give you money in exchange for… nothing?!

I  don't think it's totally crazy that someone would give away 1/10000th of a cent.

I never been to a faucet site but I reckon these sites just want promote bitcoins and will have fixed payout limits, and yes, envtually will just shut down because their sick of rude emails from users that don't see cash immediatly.

It seems like YOU don't find that so far fetched either, despite your contradictory statement..

And if it doesn't work out immediately you think a conspiracy of the international scammer organization just made up bitcoin to make YOU waiting in front if your PC for free money?

it's not "immediately", I waited 24 hours, but yes I do think it's a "conspiracy" in the sense that together they say they'll do one thing and yet don't..

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:32:30 PM

I  don't think it's totally crazy that someone would give away 1/10000th of a cent.

Why do you spend your electricity and time with trying to get 1/10000th of a cent anyway? Even the worst job in North Korea will earn you more in a minute than that.

Again, if you want coins, go and buy them.
terabit (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:44:38 PM

Why do you spend your electricity and time with trying to get 1/10000th of a cent anyway? Even the worst job in North Korea will earn you more in a minute than that.

Again, if you want coins, go and buy them.

I just wanted to try sending a coin between addresses and see it show up on the block chain :/
aph382

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:32:36 PM

It's a brand-new and unprecedented type of currency and investment -- anytime there's this level of innovation and disruption there's going to be scammers looking to taking advantage.  It's like the wildwest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: