Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Support is holding!  (Read 4304 times)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:51:50 PM

Right now this seems to be a remarkable support at $229. I'm not saying that we can't break down from here, but it's good to see that we don't cave in at the slightest attempts to go lower. The bears at least will have to put up some more pressure to bring this thing down.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:27:14 AM

Right now this seems to be a remarkable support at $229. I'm not saying that we can't break down from here, but it's good to see that we don't cave in at the slightest attempts to go lower. The bears at least will have to put up some more pressure to bring this thing down.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry what was that sound? Did you just eat your words?
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:28:42 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry what was that sound? Did you just eat your words?

That was 2 days ago. 2 days is a long time in Bitcoin's price history.  Smiley

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 02:37:27 PM

I drew some lines on my chart last night, and I still feel pretty good that support is holding. We barely broke below $215 which has been holding for a while, next stop after that is ~$190. I did make a decent size purchase on Monday so it sucks to watch the price fall, but I'm in it for the long haul gathering all the low hanging fruit while I can.

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

I drew some lines on my chart last night, and I still feel pretty good that support is holding. We barely broke below $215 which has been holding for a while, next stop after that is ~$190. I did make a decent size purchase on Monday so it sucks to watch the price fall, but I'm in it for the long haul gathering all the low hanging fruit while I can.

215 is the new support.  IT WILL HOLD!

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:02:22 AM

Yeah, $215 was the base price for the "surprise breakout" back in February, when the price suddenly decided to go up without any apparent reason. This is the last support line until high/medium $1xxs, which actually is really scare, if you ask me. I'm surprised though, that the bears aren't getting this over with even faster!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:11:09 AM

Yeah, $215 was the base price for the "surprise breakout" back in February, when the price suddenly decided to go up without any apparent reason. This is the last support line until high/medium $1xxs, which actually is really scare, if you ask me. I'm surprised though, that the bears aren't getting this over with even faster!

Yes!  Surprise breakout coming.  Time to buy...

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:52:30 AM

Currently watching and will consider whether you go on ignore, permanently. You're running a fine line as of your latest posts. That's right I said it.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 07:18:23 AM

Could be a bear trap!
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:38:17 PM

I've just read this whole thread and not seen where support is supposed to be. Although there are some animated gifs so 'everything is awesome'
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:52:28 PM

Buy at 175 and sell at 300+ Again?

I love it Smiley

You sir are setting the example lol.

Id be doing this all day if I could, but obviously those prices are never constant. The only thing at the moment for most should be whats it worth now, not like 4 years later from now lol.

I aint no fortune tellers so why predict something it`ll go up right. Always be making bigger profits.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:28:28 AM

Buy at 175 and sell at 300+ Again?

I love it Smiley

What will you do if the price dives to the $100 range, just keep hodling ?

No i gonna buy heavy.
cats have 7 lifes or so they say

I think it was 8.

Hmmmm.... Some of us bulls aren't exactly numbers people. That could be a worry.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:31:57 AM

I've just read this whole thread and not seen where support is supposed to be. Although there are some animated gifs so 'everything is awesome'

No offense meant, but I think tokeweed would have to agree that you'll just have to:

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:43:56 AM

Yeah, we're pretty much on paper-thin ice these days, I agree. But we're yet to cross the $200 line, in order for that super-bearish prediction to come true. Oh, wait - that one only lasted till last Friday Smiley
200 will resist, and if it doesn't who cares, anyone with half a brain knows the bitcoin protocol is solid as hell and time will give long term holders the reason,.

Technology purists won't care, but those who "invested" thinking it had much more value surely will. The protocol is working better than ever but value of coins is decreasing. I sometimes think this has something to do with all the altcoins like maybe they are diluting (or inflating) the "limited supply" of bitcoins.

I definitely  think a lot of newcomers think that putting their money into the "next big thing" altcoin is going to give them the same ride early BTC adopters had. But when we look at market cap it doesn't seem to be massive amounts of money going that way. More financially savvy investors/speculators are probably in BTC already or waiting for the end of the bear market to be confirmed.

8up

Activity: 618

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:49:06 AM

There will be no "confirmation" for an ending bearmarket for a long time. Instead the sword of Damocles will be omnipresent. At these market stages (no mass-adoption) pseudo-"stability" can be wittnessed.

Always wrong until not.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:20:36 AM

There will be no "confirmation" for an ending bearmarket for a long time. Instead the sword of Damocles will be omnipresent. At these market stages (no mass-adoption) pseudo-"stability" can be wittnessed.

bear market will always exist. even when the price is $2000. you will see bears yelling.'bitcoin soon $1000, sell while you still can' this will never change.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:12:20 PM

If there's no confirmation, the bear market has ended as per definition. If we should "slide out" of the bear market - fine, than that's the way we get out of it. But that's not very probable, actually. If there's a definite sign that we've left the downtrend, the price will go up again. At least to some degree, that's for sure!

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:13:53 PM

bear market will always exist. even when the price is $2000. you will see bears yelling.'bitcoin soon $1000, sell while you still can' this will never change.

Well, yeah... There will be people screaming those things, sure. But the general sentiment will have changed and the influence of the bears will be significantly smaller! Of course then we'll have to deal with completely out-of-control bulls that scream "new paradigm!" and won't see the crest of the wave when it's there.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:23:15 PM

Well, yeah... There will be people screaming those things, sure. But the general sentiment will have changed and the influence of the bears will be significantly smaller! Of course then we'll have to deal with completely out-of-control bulls that scream "new paradigm!" and won't see the crest of the wave when it's there.

The nice thing about out-of-control bulls is they are here for a few months, and then hibernate.  The bears have been out for a while now.
flyingplows

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:29:35 PM

The nice thing about out-of-control bulls is they are here for a few months, and then hibernate.  The bears have been out for a while now.

Bears will never stop now. And I intentionally did not put ''the''. That's the way it is while there is fiat dominance and insta sell for bills/dump_for_fiat_after_sale. The only way for the price to go up is to overwhelm by mass adoption attracting new enthusiasts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: