Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:55:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam or not? Coinbase offer up to $8500 dollars to small investors  (Read 2142 times)
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 12:37:59 PM

I received that same phishing email from Coinbase last week.  The real Coinbase already sent an email to all their Coinbase users about that scam attempt:

Coinbase   
Hi there,

Earlier today, a spam email claiming to be from Coinbase was sent to some of our customers, announcing a "Coinbase Invest Fund".

If you received this email, please disregard it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Note: This email in no way affects the safety of your Coinbase account, and no customer data was compromised.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact support@coinbase.com.

Kind Regards,
Coinbase Security

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 01:19:06 PM

Dude that's lame, you really got me excited for a second there  Sad I haven't logged into my Coinbase account in a while and was thinking I might have missed this announcement ( although I suppose I would've received an email) I just checked, there is nothing mentioned on the site or Coinbase Blog. I sure would've been interested in that one  Cheesy
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:02:13 PM

I received that same phishing email from Coinbase last week.  The real Coinbase already sent an email to all their Coinbase users about that scam attempt:

Coinbase   
Hi there,

Earlier today, a spam email claiming to be from Coinbase was sent to some of our customers, announcing a "Coinbase Invest Fund".

If you received this email, please disregard it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Note: This email in no way affects the safety of your Coinbase account, and no customer data was compromised.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact support@coinbase.com.

Kind Regards,
Coinbase Security

hmm, didnt get the email and I dont see it mentioned in their blog or support section of website?  Do they have an official forum account here that posts updates?
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:25:33 PM

I received that same phishing email from Coinbase last week.  The real Coinbase already sent an email to all their Coinbase users about that scam attempt:

Coinbase   
Hi there,

Kind Regards,
Coinbase Security

hmm, didnt get the email and I dont see it mentioned in their blog or support section of website?  Do they have an official forum account here that posts updates?

I also did not receive clarification email from coinbase. That's because I don't have a coinbase account?  Tongue

It is ironic that even if I don't have coinbase account,  I am getting coinbase phishing emails.

What concerns me is that they managed to get hold of legitimate email service of coinbase. Tomorrow someone can receive a password reset email from a legitimate coinbase address which can steal the real password via phishing.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 03:33:04 PM

Coinbase   
Hi there,

Kind Regards,
Coinbase Security

Their official twitter acknowledged the phishing attempt:

https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/586164781029040128

Chances are if it's not of their official blog, https://blog.coinbase.com/, then it's fake.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄