Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: #BTCST Updates. Latest: August 28th 6:16PM EST  (Read 25000 times)
zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:12:11 AM

if he was a scammer i'm pretty sure he would have taken the bitcoins and went to enjoy life instead of getting flamed on irc and forums 24/7..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:18:13 AM

if he was a scammer i'm pretty sure he would have taken the bitcoins and went to enjoy life instead of getting flamed on irc and forums 24/7..

aye, one would think. I would imagine that $5m could buy one hell of a fire proof suit though. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Bascule

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:21:58 AM

He doesn't get flamed on IRC. He has his own channel where sycophantic mods kick anyone who is remotely critical.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:25:06 AM

or try to get some type of sympathy for his "efforts". oh gee. look. it is working.

simple coherent communication since everything was being wound up would have stopped all of this.
simple payouts to the easiest lenders would have stopped all of this.
simple.

but pirate choose to do everything in the worst way possible.

it would not be bitcoin if everything was simple tho.

i am at the point i want to see a payout just so the btc market gets a good rattle. trader's best dream come true.
if no pay out.. at this point the market has already priced it in and pirate has little left to sell.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:26:02 AM

He doesn't get flamed on IRC. He has his own channel where sycophantic mods kick anyone who is remotely critical.

Spend more time there, there's quite a bit said in the negative.  There's a right way to be critical and there's a wrong way.  Some people forget that.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:41:32 AM

Quote from: Pirateat40
20:06 <@pirateat40> At this point and in an attempt to stop the bleeding (interest) I'm going to be forced to payout everyone at once, which I'm sure will piss off enough people to counter the lack of payouts but I don't see any other way of handling this.
20:09 <@pirateat40> My concern is not "winning" the bet as much as it is "donating" the winnings.  With the events of this week causing delays, 5K worth of coins is a piece of sand compared to the amount of money I'm losing every hour.
20:13 <@pirateat40> I'm doing everything in my power within the contracts of the "Real World" to get things moving as fast as possible.  If, I end up losing the bets and spending everything I worked for to make things right I will.  I will not be giving any additional times or dates until I know exactly when things will happen.
20:17 <@pirateat40> I know you guys want updates and communication, but I'm somewhat muted by the personal attacks and legalities of whats going on. There is a lot more to this story than just "Send me back my coins."  If I had all the coins just sitting around I would've has this wrapped up a long time ago.

Stally McStallersen, that is the endgame here.  This got way to big for him way to fast.  O/u $50k per day in interest?  That's why you can't borrow monies at 7% per week. 

That's crack prices.

1)  lolz at "winning" and "donating" being any concern when u owe like $10M USD to the internet

2)  "Real World" just keeping a BTC brotha' down in this matter, and other vague thoughts here

3) and clearly Pirateat40 cannot make small payments nor will he address this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94675.0  (which is the digital equidistant of the Pulp Fiction "Bad Motherfuckr" wallet)  (also known as "where the scammer put all your bitcoins" )

4)  Would love to hear from some of Pirate's co-conspirators ( Payb.tc and BurtW ) at this stage.  Remember when BurtW put in his sig "It's not a Ponzi" ?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:12:20 AM

Spend more time there, there's quite a bit said in the negative.  There's a right way to be critical and there's a wrong way.  Some people forget that.

That's funny. Quibbling over niceties in speech when millions are lost.

No skin off my back though, as I frequent neither IRC nor BTCST.
ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:06:11 AM

Alright so Pirateat40 is an ahole.

But you know what... all the people who bought into this... are greedy opportunists. The type of people who believe the Nigerian Email scams. I hope they learn from this the way American homeowners did in 2008.

zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:03:38 AM

That's funny. Quibbling over niceties in speech when millions are lost.

No skin off my back though, as I frequent neither IRC nor BTCST.

dunno i just don't get it. if i had the balls and could live with the guilt of stealing so much money i wouldn't bother wasting my time on irc and just dissapear in silence.
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:19:34 AM

But you know what... all the people who bought into this... are greedy opportunists. The type of people who believe the Nigerian Email scams. I hope they learn from this the way American homeowners did in 2008.

I sure did  Cry
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:30:11 AM

I sure loves me some justice.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2-I31Imis&feature=player_detailpage#t=208s

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:12:35 PM

Wait, is your justice the pliers and blowtorch, or the gimp?
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:18:59 PM

dunno i just don't get it. if i had the balls and could live with the guilt of stealing so much money i wouldn't bother wasting my time on irc and just dissapear in silence.

Sticking around for a while and hinting/joking at what's to come is a way to cope with the guilt. I see it all the time in RL. First a person starts mentioning stuff as a joke "should run with the money right? It would be funny LOL" (paraphrase) then it really happens a little down the road.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:20:55 PM

Wait, is your justice the pliers and blowtorch, or the gimp?

The Gimp, obviously.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:30:20 PM

Dude. I knew you weren't dead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=zXsbN4EokqA
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:46:07 PM

aye, one would think. I would imagine that $5m could buy one hell of a fire proof suit though. ;p

If this really was a Ponzi, he wouldn't have $5M in coins. He would have been paying interest on old accounts with new money. Based on some rough estimates of deposits and interest paid, BS&T would have, at most, only 10s of thousands of BTC, not hundreds. You can't run very far and buy much protection for under $1M USD.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:45:55 PM

If this really was a Ponzi, he wouldn't have $5M in coins. He would have been paying interest on old accounts with new money. Based on some rough estimates of deposits and interest paid, BS&T would have, at most, only 10s of thousands of BTC, not hundreds. You can't run very far and buy much protection for under $1M USD.
Why only tens of thousands?

Much of the interest paid each week came straight back, there's every possibility he's ended up with a few hundred thousand coins.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

you should learn to link to specific posts
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:22:30 PM

Why only tens of thousands?

Much of the interest paid each week came straight back, there's every possibility he's ended up with a few hundred thousand coins.

Even if we low ball it and say $500,000 USD worth of coins. You can buy a reliable bluewater sail boat for $20k. Lets say he splurged and spend $60K (used of course). You can live VERY comfortable in the Carribean, Central/South America for $1,000/month. That would be around 35 years. Say 30 years after inflation. Assuming he has no income ever again for the rest of his life. None of the funds are invested, and none of the funds remain as bitcoins (all very unlikely) That includes fuel, food, alcohol, docking ect. You have the option of traveling around the world. You can move your location every day. Chance of you finding someone that lives like that is slim to none. Not really expensive and pretty good way of life.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:27:16 PM

How did the Dead Man's Switch work again ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: