Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just finished coding our own gambling/investment site, seeking community advice!  (Read 715 times)
OpenOcean (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:59:37 PM

Dear Bitcoin Forum Community,

In a few weeks a colleague and I will be launching a lottery/investment site tied to a company we are incorporating in Tunisia, Africa. We will also be hosting the service there so as to not break any laws in other, less friendly jurisdictions.

We will be hosting a lottery/investment vehicle funded with, and paying out in bitcoin.

What my colleague and I would be like to know is how we may prove to the larger community that our site is safe, and reputable like Primedice or Just-dice before it.

Are there any best practices you would suggest? Is there any method (code-wise) by which we may prove to you that we will not have access to your funds, whilst also displaying that our game is provably fair? Is there any hallmark we can deliver to instill faith that we will do our utmost to maintain and elevate our customer service?

In the past, people have distrusted my partner and myself because of the location of our servers in Africa. I, personally am Canadian, whilst my partner is Tunisian. We host the service in Tunisia so that we do not break the law. Are there any jurisdictions that would make users more comfortable, say the Isle of Man for example? We want to look to avoid places with prohibitive licensing costs. We have just started and have less than $10K to our project budget, and some of the licenses in the Euro-zone cost 30K-50K euros.

Thank you for any time and input you may have for us. I cannot frame in words how appreciative I am, this may very well change my life.

I will post a link to the site, and the game details once we have figured our hosting and best practices logistics.

Regards,
Open Ocean

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:51:55 PM

In a few weeks a colleague and I will be launching a lottery/investment site tied to a company we are incorporating in Tunisia, Africa. We will also be hosting the service there so as to not break any laws in other, less friendly jurisdictions.

We will be hosting a lottery/investment vehicle funded with, and paying out in bitcoin.

What my colleague and I would be like to know is how we may prove to the larger community that our site is safe, and reputable like Primedice or Just-dice before it.

Are there any best practices you would suggest? Is there any method (code-wise) by which we may prove to you that we will not have access to your funds, whilst also displaying that our game is provably fair? Is there any hallmark we can deliver to instill faith that we will do our utmost to maintain and elevate our customer service?

In the past, people have distrusted my partner and myself because of the location of our servers in Africa. I, personally am Canadian, whilst my partner is Tunisian. We host the service in Tunisia so that we do not break the law. Are there any jurisdictions that would make users more comfortable, say the Isle of Man for example? We want to look to avoid places with prohibitive licensing costs. We have just started and have less than $10K to our project budget, and some of the licenses in the Euro-zone cost 30K-50K euros.

Thank you for any time and input you may have for us. I cannot frame in words how appreciative I am, this may very well change my life.

I will post a link to the site, and the game details once we have figured our hosting and best practices logistics.

Regards,
Open Ocean

Hosting in Tunisia ? Which host ? Did u read the following ?

ISIS: First We Take Libya, Then We Take Tunisia
OpenOcean (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:19:07 PM

Regards,
Open Ocean

I have not read this yet! Thank you, for letting me in on this. This actually very important.
OpenOcean (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:23:04 PM

Regards,
Open Ocean

I have not read this yet! Thank you, for letting me in on this. This actually very important.

Despite reading this article, it has not said too much to validate a decision against using Tunisia. This is speculation and I am strictly concerned with Bitcoin, no political agenda beyond that. Thank you for sharing however, it is important that you speak your mind on this forum.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:36:08 PM

Regards,
Open Ocean

Despite reading this article, it has not said too much to validate a decision against using Tunisia. This is speculation and I am strictly concerned with Bitcoin, no political agenda beyond that. Thank you for sharing however, it is important that you speak your mind on this forum.

Ok... so are u planning to Open Source your code ?
OpenOcean (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:40:45 AM

We will not be Open Sourcing our code since other players in the space are also not open sourcing theirs. We still want to make profits, however we want to do it in a way where our users can maximize their chances of making profits of their own. We are not a charity, but a business.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: