Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer S1 Setup (Pre-Loved)  (Read 610 times)
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:56:26 PM

I've recently purchased 2x Antminer S1's at a great price, I also got 2x Switchable 500w Power Supply's included.

I have read the Instruction manual from Bitmain about the S1 and the only difference I can see is that with my setup I don't use PCI-e Connections (even though I have them on the Units) just 12v+ & Ground.

They even have the additional WIFI setup.

I also have these extra little fans that I can't see where they plug into.

I have browsed other peoples rigs & have found similar setups with similar PSU's.

Just wanting to make sure it's all right.

Here is some pictures of what I received but haven't setup.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:08:29 AM

Looks good,personally I would take one of those black wires to Home Depot & get the same size in yellow & make them up for the positive lines.

That way you can make no mistake between the positive & negative  Cheesy   Might cost all of $5  Cool

3 yellow wires to +v then connect to yellow block on the miner & 3 black wires to -v & connect to the black block on the miner.

Make very sure you have no stray strands  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:10:53 AM

Looks good,personally I would take one of those black wires to Home Depot & get the same size in yellow & make them up for the positive lines.

That way you can make no mistake between the positive & negative  Cheesy   Might cost all of $5  Cool

3 yellow wires to +v & 3 black wires to -v

Nicely done showing the S1's off.  I would agree I would hate to use all black wire myself.  Seems like accident waiting to happen.
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:24:28 AM

My Dad is an Electrician, he has me covered with any problems with wiring Smiley
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:28:26 AM

BTW this was a working rig prior to being shipped to me, so I assume if each power supply has 4 wires (2 positive + 2 Ground) then I could connect 1 positive and 1 ground to each blade chip connector per PSU ?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:19:20 AM

BTW this was a working rig prior to being shipped to me, so I assume if each power supply has 4 wires (2 positive + 2 Ground) then I could connect 1 positive and 1 ground to each blade chip connector per PSU ?

I'd go the extra mile & use 3 wires for each blade  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: