Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:29:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: cryptsy unable to produce trade records  (Read 683 times)
qxzn (OP)

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:32:30 AM

In 2014 my company made over 400k trades at Cryptsy, for a trading volume of over 18000 BTC.

Due to limitations in the cryptsy API, we are unable to directly and accurately download all of our trade records.

Since late November, I've been pestering support to get a CSV download of our full trade history. Months went by, multiple tickets too, and they have been unable to deliver me this simple request. Every other exchange we've traded on has been able to deliver this to us. Even Ferdous over at Mintpal went out of his way to get us our 2014 records after the exchange had been shut down for many months!

We need this data for our business taxes.

I've tried support but at this point they just ignore me and close my ticket. I've tried their history reports CSV tool, it doesn't work (the requests are forever "not ready"). I've even emailed Bigvern directly (no response). You would think this company would want to support big traders like me, but apparently, they don't care or their level 2 support system is completely broken.

At this point I feel I've exhausted all options but publicly lambasting them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:48:25 AM

In 2014 my company made over 400k trades at Cryptsy, for a trading volume of over 18000 BTC.

Due to limitations in the cryptsy API, we are unable to directly and accurately download all of our trade records.

Since late November, I've been pestering support to get a CSV download of our full trade history. Months went by, multiple tickets too, and they have been unable to deliver me this simple request. Every other exchange we've traded on has been able to deliver this to us. Even Ferdous over at Mintpal went out of his way to get us our 2014 records after the exchange had been shut down for many months!

We need this data for our business taxes.

I've tried support but at this point they just ignore me and close my ticket. I've tried their history reports CSV tool, it doesn't work (the requests are forever "not ready"). I've even emailed Bigvern directly (no response). You would think this company would want to support big traders like me, but apparently, they don't care or their level 2 support system is completely broken.

At this point I feel I've exhausted all options but publicly lambasting them.

This might explain why Josh Garza chose Cryptsy to be the main trading platfrom for his scam Paycoin. Sure convenient not being able to find those pesky records of trades for scammers. For you, of course, it sucks.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
bitbets

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:20:58 PM

Are there limitations on the number of trades cryptsy keeps records of?
Or does cryptsy keep a record of all trades?

Is it ok to estimate what was traded, with the tax people?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:05:54 PM

Do you need this data to calculate your taxable gain or just as a proof for IRS (if they request it)?

Cryptsy is run by: Project Investors Inc. FinCEN MSB Registration Number: 31000028408333

You should try contacting them again, maybe by official letter (keep the copy for yourself) and threat with filing a complaint with FinCen/IRS or whatever. It often works.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
qxzn (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:29:38 AM

Are there limitations on the number of trades cryptsy keeps records of?
Or does cryptsy keep a record of all trades?

Only cryptsy can answer that question; though, they were able to produce a csv the previous year.

Is it ok to estimate what was traded, with the tax people?

It would be a defensible position to make an estimate if the records are truly unavailable, yes.
qxzn (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:31:41 AM

Do you need this data to calculate your taxable gain or just as a proof for IRS (if they request it)?

Both. We do have records that we collected throughout the year (and I used for the volume estimates in the OP), but we believe them to be incomplete due to rounding errors and possible missing transactions.

Cryptsy is run by: Project Investors Inc. FinCEN MSB Registration Number: 31000028408333

You should try contacting them again, maybe by official letter (keep the copy for yourself) and threat with filing a complaint with FinCen/IRS or whatever. It often works.

That seems like a reasonable next level of escalation.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:42:00 AM

I always said cryptsy is crap , slow in exchange, many errors, slow support , missing coins ...
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:51:23 AM

I always said cryptsy is crap , slow in exchange, many errors, slow support , missing coins ...

anyone else still think cry pts y is the best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: