Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide+Review] Prospero X-1.5. Up to 0.72W/GHs. Perfect for newbies!  (Read 6724 times)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:48:47 PM

Black Arrow is a scam company and stole millions from investors.  Do not do business with them.  There also is no confirmed X1.5 units that have shipped yet, since they were supposed to be for compensation and BA reneged on sending any compensation to those who got screwed by them.

I was lucky and scored 2x X1.5 units with power cord, wifi antenna, screens for $80.
Theyre a hell of a lot nicer to play around with and the power consumption alongside
my single Rockminer New-Rbox is a hell of a lot more enticing than my first miner
which was a bulky, power hungry monster Antminer S-1.

But when you think of the release date between the S-1 and the X-1 you see why there is that power difference.  Most people who bought S-1's achieved a positive ROI, not a single person who bought an X-1 received even half their money back.

You cannot compare 2 generations of miners and expect the power efficiency to be comparable. Why not compare it to the current generation of miners then and say that the X-1 is just as bad as it really is when compared to the S5 or anything by Spondoolies?  Not to mention there is soon going to be another generation of miners out and BA could barely ship a few units from their first and only batch without them catching fire.

All in all, the X-1 would have been an extremely good machine had it been released on time with no complications, instead the greedy fucks at BA screwed every single customer they had and are slowly dying out.  In reality, the X-1 was finally shipped after other companies had power efficiency ratios of around half of what they did, making them a complete POS of a machine.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:25:17 PM

Black Arrow is a scam company and stole millions from investors.  Do not do business with them.  There also is no confirmed X1.5 units that have shipped yet, since they were supposed to be for compensation and BA reneged on sending any compensation to those who got screwed by them.

I was lucky and scored 2x X1.5 units with power cord, wifi antenna, screens for $80.
Theyre a hell of a lot nicer to play around with and the power consumption alongside
my single Rockminer New-Rbox is a hell of a lot more enticing than my first miner

Oh they also came with the original invoice and ship date which was in June-2015.

You actually got an X1.5? I'd like to see it, never seen any evidence of them shipping anything other than the X1's
Narcisse

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:17:35 PM

Black Arrow is a scam company and stole millions from investors.  Do not do business with them.  There also is no confirmed X1.5 units that have shipped yet, since they were supposed to be for compensation and BA reneged on sending any compensation to those who got screwed by them.

Oh they also came with the original invoice and ship date which was in June-2015.

You actually got an X1.5? I'd like to see it, never seen any evidence of them shipping anything other than the X1's

Id be happy to show you if the pics would post.....bleh.
Narcisse

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:12:31 PM

There you go. Not where Im keeping them, just testing area while I rearrange apartment for new furniture.

https://i.imgur.com/juTmtUs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cs3tP5F.jpg
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:59:19 PM

There you go. Not where Im keeping them, just testing area while I rearrange apartment for new furniture.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/juTmtUs.jpg

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cs3tP5F.jpg

What is the average hashrate for each one?  Weren't they supposed to be 200 GH/s ea?  Neither is anywhere close to that and one is barely putting out what an X-1 does.

What is the power draw?  Where did you buy them from?

Narcisse

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:06:48 AM

What is the average hashrate for each one?  Weren't they supposed to be 200 GH/s ea?  Neither is anywhere close to that and one is barely putting out what an X-1 does.

What is the power draw?  Where did you buy them from?

Currently underclocked with freq set to 700, 800 is kind of a sweet spot and 900 is overclocked.
I havent played around enough with them yet but the android interface makes things very easy to overclock and set voltage.
Once I relocate them to a more open space Ill be messing with the clock speeds to see what they can really do.
Im still quite new to the BTC scene so Im learning as I go. Im curious to know what the elusive "stackable mount" looks like
and having contacted BA about them they say they come standard with orders. It would be nice to stack these and save some space.
I bought them from someone I know who ordered directly from BA, have invoice for proof. For the price I got them at its worth fiddling
around with them stepping up my bitcoin knowledge. Right now theyre hashing at 130-150gh/s.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:55:14 AM

What is the average hashrate for each one?  Weren't they supposed to be 200 GH/s ea?  Neither is anywhere close to that and one is barely putting out what an X-1 does.

Currently underclocked with freq set to 700, 800 is kind of a sweet spot and 900 is overclocked.
I havent played around enough with them yet but the android interface makes things very easy to overclock and set voltage.
Once I relocate them to a more open space Ill be messing with the clock speeds to see what they can really do.
Im still quite new to the BTC scene so Im learning as I go. Im curious to know what the elusive "stackable mount" looks like
and having contacted BA about them they say they come standard with orders. It would be nice to stack these and save some space.
I bought them from someone I know who ordered directly from BA, have invoice for proof. For the price I got them at its worth fiddling
around with them stepping up my bitcoin knowledge. Right now theyre hashing at 130-150gh/s.

HAHA, the "stackable" was something they promised when they first opened up for orders (hint, it was another lie from this company).  They later came out and said there was no mount and these could not be stacked based on how they suck air in/out.  So basically, something else they lied to customers about and never intended to deliver on.  Just set them up next to each other.

Narcisse

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:07:15 AM

HAHA, the "stackable" was something they promised when they first opened up for orders (hint, it was another lie from this company).  They later came out and said there was no mount and these could not be stacked based on how they suck air in/out.  So basically, something else they lied to customers about and never intended to deliver on.  Just set them up next to each other.

Hahahaha wow, they just told me this a few days ago in an email when I asked about them.
Im wondering if anyone has the 1.16-1.17 firmwares anywhere? Mine have 1.18 and Im not
noticing anything extremely terrible going on but Id like to compare the differences.
heslo

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:28:09 AM

Hot tip, they lied. No orders came with anything other than broken promises.

Thanks for posting pics though, it's nice to know some did eventually exist though! I'd be interested to see if it's the same PSU as in an X1, that may explain why they can't get the 200gh/s out of them that they wanted... For reference, from my X1 @ 900 I'm getting between 110-120gh/s. Mind sharing what these cost you?

I'd be interested to know who exactly BA shipped these to and just how many were made
Narcisse

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:48:46 AM

Hot tip, they lied. No orders came with anything other than broken promises.

Thanks for posting pics though, it's nice to know some did eventually exist though! I'd be interested to see if it's the same PSU as in an X1, that may explain why they can't get the 200gh/s out of them that they wanted... For reference, from my X1 @ 900 I'm getting between 110-120gh/s. Mind sharing what these cost you?

I'd be interested to know who exactly BA shipped these to and just how many were made

They cost me $82 for 2 of them. As far as who they were shipped to originally before I got them, Im
not sure if he would like his info out in the open. I can show you the original invoice with parts blacked
out to conceal some of the info. Here I thought there was an abundance of these things floating around.
heslo

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:34:39 AM

I didn't mean the exact person it was shipped to. I just meant as a general question of how many other people got the X1.5 as I don't think BA have shipped anything out since the start of the year. But thanks for posting what you have, at least some actually made the light of day. BlackArrow is a name I'd definitely like to forget
Swifft1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:08:36 PM

I really don't want to start a new thread on this product as I know some have been screwed by this company.

I have two of these I bought used on ebay.

First one has LCD screen and has been hashing with out issues since I got it last year.
Picked up another one without the LCD screen few months ago, and both have been running without issues until yesterday.

We had a power outage. When power came back on, the non-LCD unit resumed hashing but the LCD unit will not login.
It displays a 701.x.x.x/lcd in the address bar and says the site is down.
If I try to login to the IP address listed in settings on my router it fails that also.

But I can do everything else with the screen including using Chrome the search the web.
Seems (for lack of better understanding) the boot portion for mining is no longer there?

There is and option to do a factory reset, but I'm afraid this might be for the "google chrome" not necessarily the Black Arrow software.
Also not sure if this condition is what's termed as "bricked". I assume bricked units did not work at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

And please. I'm only looking for help, not folks to continue to rag on the failure and theft of the scamming OEM company.  Sad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: