Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama or Romney ?  (Read 21118 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 02:43:02 AM

I can't believe so many people voted for either of these guys.  America, you deserve what you're getting.

M
That is what I have been trying to explain earlier, with american voting system in place there is really no chance for other candidates.
And as I wanted to vote for someone else the choice really stood up between 2.  Undecided

Gary Johnson (libertarian) was on the ballot.  I voted for him.  There ARE other choices.  The media won't tell you that, but the media is bought and paid for like most of the federal government.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 03:49:42 AM

I voted for M'Johnson. M'Johnson can slip past the taint of corruption and into the flowery land of goodness better than Obama or Romney.

Dirty joke for dirty tyrants.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:21:57 AM

That is what I have been trying to explain earlier, with american voting system in place there is really no chance for other candidates.
And as I wanted to vote for someone else the choice really stood up between 2.  Undecided
Gary Johnson (libertarian) was on the ballot.  I voted for him.  There ARE other choices.  The media won't tell you that, but the media is bought and paid for like most of the federal government.
M
I guess what I was trying to say more is that voted don't really count do they, but states do. There were a lot of votes for Johnson but no actual states gave him points.
But since we have colonized all possible space on this planet, we shall move to another planet and spit it into other political parties. Thus everyone could live where they would feel closer to their views. '
I really believe colonizing another planet could be in our lifetime..(my lifetime???)

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:06:22 PM

Thus everyone could live where they would feel closer to their views.

That was the idea in the US. The Federal government was to do little more than protect our rights. You could pick a state that more more closely reflected your views. That all basically ended with the civil war.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 03:07:59 PM

That was the idea in the US. The Federal government was to do little more than protect our rights. You could pick a state that more more closely reflected your views. That all basically ended with the civil war.

You mean the Second American Revolution?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:34:53 PM

The Failed revolution?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 05:46:30 PM

The Failed revolution?

Mmmhm.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:52:12 PM

So in the end people ended it.
Well most people are also voting on the lack of knowledge. It seems to me that whenever president talks about religion ppl like him. Shouldn't be the government controlled by logical assumptions?
Also so many people want a president who could create jobs. Well. I believe there will be a point where all labor jobs will be completely eliminated. This is why I believe education should be important and those people who worked in labor could study something else and get a higher level job. Interesting point not everyone wants to do that. I worked in retail for minimum wage (still do not as much though) while going to school because obviously I couldn't get anything better. I've met so many people who doesn't want education and they just want to work where they don't have to think. O_o
It seems that with progression of our technology we are just moving closer to that line. One day we could possibly create ai as ours, I could see ai controlling the government (people) because everything they do will be based on logic and it's results.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:18:23 PM

Not really so much a revolution as arguably seceding was a legal option. "Federal conquest" maybe?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 08:27:53 PM

Not really so much a revolution as arguably seceding was a legal option. "Federal conquest" maybe?

Well, the first revolutionary war wouldn't have happened if George had simply said, "OK, you guys do your thing, and we'll do ours. Good luck, and all that." Neither would the second if Abe had said the same. It is the nature of rulers to rule. Allowing people to do their own thing, if it so pleases them, is the nature of leaders. When Abe said "No, you're part of the union, you're not going anywhere," he effectively ended the experiment in freedom which was the United States. The irony is that he did it, ostensibly, in the name of freedom.

CoinDiver

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:21:46 PM

I believe there will be a point where all labor jobs will be completely eliminated. This is why I believe education should be important and those people who worked in labor could study something else and get a higher level job.

Don't confuse education with intelligence. I know a lot of well educated idiots, that would more more useful doing manual labor.

Education should be no more important than it is useful.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 10:30:19 PM

Well, the first revolutionary war wouldn't have happened if George had simply said, "OK, you guys do your thing, and we'll do ours. Good luck, and all that." Neither would the second if Abe had said the same. It is the nature of rulers to rule. Allowing people to do their own thing, if it so pleases them, is the nature of leaders. When Abe said "No, you're part of the union, you're not going anywhere," he effectively ended the experiment in freedom which was the United States. The irony is that he did it, ostensibly, in the name of freedom.

True. It's probably just a matter of semantics but George (amongst others) "owned" the colonies whereas the Union was a union of the individual states. At least until ol' Abe got going.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 11:01:56 PM

True. It's probably just a matter of semantics but George (amongst others) "owned" the colonies whereas the Union was a union of the individual states. At least until ol' Abe got going.

Owned in the sense that they had drawn lines on a map. Did anyone ask the people who were already there?

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 02:58:42 PM

I believe there will be a point where all labor jobs will be completely eliminated. This is why I believe education should be important and those people who worked in labor could study something else and get a higher level job.

Don't confuse education with intelligence. I know a lot of well educated idiots, that would more more useful doing manual labor.

To a point.  Gates, Jobs, (the jury is still out on Zuckerberg) are the exceptions, not the rule.  For most, to be intelligent and uneducated is to not realize your maximum potential.

I want my brain surgeon to be both intelligent AND highly educated.   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 03:03:07 PM

To a point.  Gates, Jobs, (the jury is still out on Zuckerberg) are the exceptions, not the rule.  For most, to be intelligent and uneducated is to not realize your maximum potential.

Do not confuse "educated" with "schooled."

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:24:56 PM

Owned in the sense that they had drawn lines on a map. Did anyone ask the people who were already there?

Owned in the sense that they had the guns and would exercise violence if anyone declined to agree (at least until other people with guns & violence objected). And I'm sure that the people who were already there were pretty well informed of the change of "ownership".

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:25:52 PM

However, one does not have to receive an education to be educated.

CoinDiver

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:43:05 PM

For most, to be intelligent and uneducated is to not realize your maximum potential.

To be unintelligent and highly educated is a waste. There is a lot of that going around, and at HIGHLY inflated prices.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 03:47:09 PM

For most, to be intelligent and uneducated is to not realize your maximum potential.

To be unintelligent and highly educated is a waste. There is a lot of that going around, and at HIGHLY inflated prices.

The excess demand is itself a large part of what's driving up the price.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 03:55:18 PM

Education is an investment - not all investments are good or pay as well as we would like.  Everyone, colleges included, is selling something (just like the bitcoin world).

I know this forum is full of intelligent people of varying degrees (no pun intended) of education.  No matter how intelligent you are, many career opportunities and advancement levels will be closed to you without a given level of education.  Everyone is free to go their own way and make their own life, but statistically, your peers with college degrees will do better.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: