Bitcoin Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly  (Read 56805 times)
testbug

Activity: 851
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:58:37 PM

I registered but i didnt receive the email code?
Tryed resend it already, but still no code.
Eric Mu (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:05:08 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 03:00:05 PM by eric@haobtc

I registered but i didnt receive the email code?
Tryed resend it already, but still no code.

Hi testbug,

Please PM your email address. I will forward to my colleague to check.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:32:20 PM

Most people aren't building up 1 BTC+ in a month (note: this would mean you'd need at least 50 BTC invested) to be able to withdraw it all fee-free. So now they're holding money AND charging fees when people want to withdraw.

They are making this rule to discourage withdrawing the bitcoin and with less people withdrawing btc then they would be able to keep the bitcoin for longer period which means they could use it for other purposes and at the same time "paying" user with just some small amount of interest (to make themselves richer )

That's pretty obvious. But what they're doing is taking a site that used to have a lot of incentive to deposit to and destroying all that incentive. They're going to cripple themselves.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:22:17 AM

Most people aren't building up 1 BTC+ in a month (note: this would mean you'd need at least 50 BTC invested) to be able to withdraw it all fee-free. So now they're holding money AND charging fees when people want to withdraw.

They are making this rule to discourage withdrawing the bitcoin and with less people withdrawing btc then they would be able to keep the bitcoin for longer period which means they could use it for other purposes and at the same time "paying" user with just some small amount of interest (to make themselves richer )

That's pretty obvious. But what they're doing is taking a site that used to have a lot of incentive to deposit to and destroying all that incentive. They're going to cripple themselves.

I disagree that this will turn off users. If you are interested in knowing how the business is doing, one way to do it is note down how much we have paid our users which is displayed on the front page - currently over 11,00 BTC, I think and the number is updated regularly, and you will get a fairly accurate gauge if we have lost a lot of users.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:07:09 AM

Interest rate change

Anticipating block reward halving in the summer of 2016, HaoBTC has decided to implement a new interest structure starting May 1.
As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR; the starting interest rate of Finance, the fixed term account, will be lowered from the current 12% APR to 6.8% APR; the monthly increment percentage for Finance account will stay unchanged.

usenet

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:23:30 AM

Interest rate change

Anticipating block reward halving in the summer of 2016, HaoBTC has decided to implement a new interest structure starting May 1.
As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR; the starting interest rate of Finance, the fixed term account, will be lowered from the current 12% APR to 6.8% APR; the monthly increment percentage for Finance account will stay unchanged.

Thanks for the info.

What happens with accounts where the interest rate is higher, eg. 14%, does the account with a higher interest rate will be reduced to 12% of base?
Is the table of growth rates in dependence on the investment time is already available?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:31:14 AM

Interest rate change

Thanks for the info.

What happens with accounts where the interest rate is higher, eg. 14%, does the account with a higher interest rate will be reduced to 12% of base?
Is the table of growth rates in dependence on the investment time is already available?

Existing lock-ins should remain the same (hence you locking in for x period). It should just affect new ones.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
usenet

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:39:37 AM

Interest rate change

Thanks for the info.

Existing lock-ins should remain the same (hence you locking in for x period). It should just affect new ones.

Think so.
It would be nice to know the new interest rate table.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:47:25 PM

I have a feeling they will be reduced no matter what is "locked in". Will wait for a clear answer on that, but I'm pretty sure they will go to the 6% and start increasing from there.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:20:01 PM

What is the APR now for HaoBTC?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:57:26 PM

I have a feeling they will be reduced no matter what is "locked in". Will wait for a clear answer on that, but I'm pretty sure they will go to the 6% and start increasing from there.

If they did that, what would be the point of committing to an entire year of being locked in? That kills the entire purpose from the investor's perspective.

cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:55:32 PM

If they did that, what would be the point of committing to an entire year of being locked in? That kills the entire purpose from the investor's perspective.

They own the business and they could do everything to the interest rate as long as it is listed in their term of service that they could be changing the interest rate at their own discretion then they would not be held accountable for this. By lowering the interest rate to almost half for the fixed term account then that would totally means they are giving more than they get therefore they need to settle things up ( aka red flag )
zalucia

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:39:36 PM

Interest rate change

Thanks for the info.

If they reduce the interest of the existing Finance account, I will withdraw my coins. It is not worth the risk.

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:49:49 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 08:02:54 PM by wlefever

If they reduce the interest of the existing Finance account, I will withdraw my coins. It is not worth the risk.
Agreed. I intend to at the end of my month, which is March 06.

Just reread the announcement and it won't go in effect until May 01 so I may keep my financed coins another month.

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:18:05 PM

As a result, the interest rate of Wallet, the flexible interest wallet, will be lowered from the current 3% APR to 2% APR;
So I play around with Epay faucets some times and they will pay 1% on all your faucet earnings.  2% here isn't that appealing, it's not really even noticeable for most deposits.  Sure, it's more than 0, but it's getting to the point that it's not worth having any coin stored with HaoBTC.
usenet

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:22:15 AM

Wallet interest rate and Finance interest rate are two different things.
If the wallet interest rate is not significant Finance rate will still very ok. But you have to invest more than 10 coins.
lockshop11

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:32:09 AM

2% interest is not good enough to attract normal investors, comparing with the associated risk level. There are many investments in crypto world, which yield more than 5% yearly.
lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:53:15 AM

2% interest is not good enough to attract normal investors, comparing with the associated risk level. There are many investments in crypto world, which yield more than 5% yearly.

could you kindly show me what are this kind of investment that yeld more than 5% yearly? I'm interested but i think that the risk level is high
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:03:54 AM

could you kindly show me what are this kind of investment that yeld more than 5% yearly? I'm interested but i think that the risk level is high

MoneyPot is up +4% in 2 months. May be a bit biased though, :p.

lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:27:44 AM

MoneyPot is up +4% in 2 months. May be a bit biased though, :p.

how can i eventually invest in it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: