Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:37:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with some detail of mt gox api  (Read 752 times)
mav (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:58:58 AM

The result when fetching previous trades on Mt Gox api v1 has two unexplained parameters:
"primary" and "properties"

I'm using at this call:

https://mtgox.com/api/1/BTCUSD/trades

Can anyone explain these two properties in detail for me?

From the docs, I get this:

For multi currency,also returns the primary value,"Y" or "N", the primary currency is always the buyers currency

When primary is "N", what does this mean? For example, in the following data, what does "N" and "Y" mean? (some data removed for clarity)

{..."price":"9.69964","amount":"0.01","tid":"1345617420845024","price_currency":"USD",..."primary":"N","properties":"limit,mixed_currency"}
{..."price":"9.69967","amount":"0.01","tid":"1345617540156865","price_currency":"USD",..."primary":"Y","properties":"limit"}

A trade can appear in more than one currency, to ignore duplicates, use only the trades having primary =Y
What does that mean? Can a trade appear in the data which is not from USD? Does this mean a trade in EUR may appear in the data, even though via the url I specify to only give USD? What are duplicates? None of the data that has primary=N seems to be a duplicate of any of the surrounding data. All the trades have the 'price_currency' property as USD.

What are the possible values for "properties" and what do they mean? In particular, what does the following mean when they appear in properties:
- limit
- mixed_currency

I got my info from the documentation on this page:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox/API/HTTP/v1#Multi_currency_trades

I appreciate the clarification on what information this data is actually providing. A lot of questions I know but this is very unclear to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: