Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC GUY sold me counterfeit watches.  (Read 4991 times)
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:30:06 AM

these?

my grandma gave me this today. she told me i could sell it or do whatever i want with it. i could sell some pieces separate but would rather sell it all together. buy it all for $500.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98762.msg1080701#msg1080701

bitcoiners fall for another classic scam/ grift.
So far we have had the race horse scam, jewelry (need to sell) scam and to many ponzi's to boot.

Dont feel bad, you just paid for a valuable life lesson.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 10:07:36 AM

these?

my grandma gave me this today. she told me i could sell it or do whatever i want with it. i could sell some pieces separate but would rather sell it all together. buy it all for $500.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98762.msg1080701#msg1080701

bitcoiners fall for another classic scam/ grift.
So far we have had the race horse scam, jewelry (need to sell) scam and to many ponzi's to boot.

Dont feel bad, you just paid for a valuable life lesson.
When did a race horse scam happened?  Shocked
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 01:11:23 PM

The race horse actually wasn't a scam, the folks that offered the investment made good on every single share sold at the IPO price.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 02:51:21 PM

Second: I was gonna save some BTC's and buy a 5850 from this guy.

First: I actually asked if he would send off a 5850, and let it mine itself off. He wanted BTC in hand before shipping.

Looks like everything is being put in place against this person.

Can any reputable members vouch for this btc buy person?
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:26:44 PM

I purchased a mobo and some riser cables from BTC GUY a few months back and had no issues at all.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 09:05:45 PM

I can confirm that I attempted to purchase a small amount of this portfolio if he was willing to ship first. He refused. Not that this is proof of anything, but it does indicate he may have had his suspicions that some of the jewelry is fake, without disclosing it.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 09:12:39 PM

I bought GPU's from him with no problem

Littleshop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 10:49:03 PM

I bought GPU's from him with no problem
Apparently I was just the first of his victims. 

Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:24:21 PM

Got this PM today:

Hello

Never been on this site before, but just had three people showup to my door that claim that they were from this site and claim he took him for 4k for a fail transaction, that came from MD, wonderiing if I was BTCGUY and this pr#ck is using my name and address on this forum I need any info from anyone, that had a transaction with this guy, to track him down. Looking for someone that had a successful transaction with this guy as with a tracking number so I can see what postoffice the package actually came from, or city, as he using my address in his profile, but is not where it was shipped from as I am the real Maurice Rivera and have no knowledge about this site except for what the member that showup to my door explained. 

I repeat I am not BTCGUY, or any other alias he may have when under. But am the real Maurice Rivera and this a##hoe using my name and address, I reporting this guy to the police, but they need more info, So anyone with tracking info if you ever receive a package from him would be a good start, or any email address or phone number he may have used, or other name he may have when under.

My email address is retropcdos@gmail.com PM me and I give you phone # 773-354-3925

I am in no way connected to this guy and is now consider identify fraud as I am filing a report.
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:06:41 PM

I'm very confused as to why people in this thread think paying for goods before you receive them is an odd concept.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:20:41 PM

Nothing to be confused about... it is the simple protection that online purchases demand. If I am going to send off my funds to an anonymous person who claims to have the goods I wish to purchase, I do not have a retail point of sale that I can go back to and address any misrepresentation, service needs, or inoperable item. If I buy something at a local store and there is a problem I can get it fixed at that store. Nameless, faceless pretend people on the internet don't have that feature. So escrow makes good sense.

Especially when the seller is a shady piece of trash like BTC Guy with loads of controversy, bullshit stories, bad out of focus photos of the goods, and an obvious pack of lies about how he came into possession of those goods. It's not about paying for the goods before you receive them, it is about have recourse against unethical, criminal sellers who deliver goods radically different from what they offered for sale. Using an escrow is just a way to protect both the seller and the buyer in the transaction.

It is a huge red flag when a seller refuses to escrow a sale, and any thinking person would be well advised to strike that potential deal, odds are you will be disappointed.
Qbert

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:22:54 AM

BTCGuy may be back

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154010.msg1632449
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:39:52 PM

I remember seeing a shop in Kusadasi, Turkey, had a sign out front "Genuine Fake Watches". Still makes me chuckle to this day.  I think I still have a pic of it on my iPhone.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: