Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:42:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox bank transfer deposit. Bad support or unlucky?  (Read 23608 times)
baconstrips (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:15:49 PM

Hi everyone, im having some problems with MTGox and i am wondering if i could get any support/suggestions.

I've always used a middleman when I have bought bitcoins (got them directly then), but now I thought that I would save myself some money and buy them at MTGox.
I sent the money 16/8 and still havent got anything. I contacted the support and got an answer from Marcus, who told me to send some info and a print of the transaction which I did.
Then a few minutes later i got an email saying i have more then 1 account and that i need to verify myself (this isnt suppose to be needed?) I only have 1 account!
Anyway, i typed the wrong name in the AML process and told Marcus to reset it if it really was necessary to verify myself and today i get the same response saying i need to verify myself (They have a email template.)
This means Marcus didnt even read my email or the info and print i sent him.
I also still live with my parents so i cant verify with a payment bill.

What should I do? Im not getting any decent answers from the support and i sent almost all my money...

Regards
Bacon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:11:15 PM

Hello Bacon,

My name is Natalie and I am part of the Support Team at Mt.Gox.  I have looked into your issue and found out that your IP address was using more than one account.  If you do not have more than one account, the usage of VPN may have triggered our security system and caused your account to be flagged.  Therefore, we would request you to verify your account first.  We have also received your deposit and our AML team requests that you kindly verify your account before the deposit is credited.  Your name that you typed appears to match the name that came with the deposit.  You only have to complete the verification process by filling out your address and uploading the documents.  You may read more about our increased security measure below.

Security Measures Explained

Dear Mt.Gox Users,

As you may be aware, a number of user accounts have been suspended as a result of recently implemented tightened security measures which have identified these accounts as showing suspicious activity. These measures have been brought into place at the insistence of a number of banking and policing entities after an increase in the incidence of fraud, phishing attacks and money laundering being carried out using bitcoins to mask illegal transactions.

Should your account be suspended and you believe this suspension to be in error, we ask that you login onto the Mt.Gox page and visit https://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification to start the identification process. 

Once gathered, the documentation in question is held on a secure data store. Any submitted information will not be shared by any third party under any circumstance, except where Mt.Gox is legally obliged to do so at the instigation of a police investigation.

Please be aware that due to the sudden increase in AML requests, processing of submitted documentation has become slightly delayed. We thank our users for their continued patience and support as we adjust to the requirements which have been obligated upon Mt.Gox.

As for your proof of residence, if you do not have an utility bill, you may submit one of the following that has  your own name and address and the date of issue within the past 3 months. 

- Internet Bill
 - Cellphone Bill
 - Tax Return document
 - Residency Certificate
 - Voting registration form
 -  Medical insurance
 - Pay Slip
 - Car Insurance Policy
- Medical Bill
- Unemployment Insurance

Should you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again at the Support Desk.  Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.
baconstrips (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:28:47 PM

Ty, Marcus now sent me a email which atleast looked like he read my reply.
I used a VPN one time and when i saw that i couldnt i stopped.
I will post back here with good feedback if everything turns out well.

Thank you Natalie.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:13:50 AM

Hi Bacon,

We see that your funds have been credite and your account has been verified.  Thank you for your patience in the process.
baconstrips (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:00:30 PM

Hi Bacon,

We see that your funds have been credite and your account has been verified.  Thank you for your patience in the process.

Hi, I just came back from work thats why i havent posted anything.
Yes, it all went well. Thank you for your support, it was very good after we spoke here. Just a bit sad that i had to come here!

Regards
Bacon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: