Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:57:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever happened to the Bitcoin Police?  (Read 2925 times)
bitvestor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:51:33 PM

We need to get them back and registered! Previous ones were not registered get a private detective license should do the math but they will require donations to start up as they might only solve 5 out of 100 bitcoin crimes, so payment will be less if they take it as a full time job..
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:31:51 PM

I remember hearing a lot about these "Bitcoin Police" a year or two ago. But now it seems they have disappeared?

What happened?

Bitcoin is still full of rogues, scoundrels, and swindlers. Why aren't they doing their job?

Last I checked Bitcoin Police were a bunch of Australian dudes smoking BBQ and swilling beer, looking at a proxy-registered domain in WHOIS every few months and maybe portscanning a tornode if the weather was fine, predictably ending in "Nope, can't find 'im, mate! Cheers!" and some more drunkenness.

love it
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:07:43 PM

The only Bitcoin police we need are right here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433845.msg5510378#msg5510378! It's people who can't handle their own money responsibly, that look for someone else to do it for them. So how can they ever tell that the money handlers aren't crooks themselves?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:24:05 PM

I remember hearing a lot about these "Bitcoin Police" a year or two ago. But now it seems they have disappeared?

bitcoin police were like real police. sitting in their chairs, eating doghnuts.

people that do not leave their basements
people that do not know the law as much as a lawyer
people that do not have the authority to arrest someone
people that do not have the resources to do proper background checks through government databases
.. were the people that wanted to be bitcoin police..

... in the end no arrests were made through their actions. and thus no one used them and they disapeared

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:33:14 PM

We need to get them back and registered! Previous ones were not registered get a private detective license should do the math but they will require donations to start up as they might only solve 5 out of 100 bitcoin crimes, so payment will be less if they take it as a full time job..

What did they do specifically? Like what information did they require on a case and what was the result?

unless you hand them the evidence and all the documentation. the answer to the question is nothing. the most they would do is search the forums and post history of the accused and gleam information from other people. and claim they done all the 'investigations' bt wont take anyone to court or anything of the sort.

average joe could find out the same info they would possibly gleam from the internet. purely because "they" are also "average joe".

what is needed is not average joe, sitting in a basement that paid a fee to be a P.i. but we need to find people that were or are:
police officers (able to perform arrests and gather evidence)
military (able to do alot of foot work to locate and surveillance the accused)
lawyer (to be the accused's prosecutor)

basement dwelling armchair activists need not apply

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:38:52 PM

The Bitcoin Police are regrouping and trying to figure out who will take the job as Police Chief: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304585004579415422696315770

LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:13:54 AM

What happened?

Bitcoin is still full of rogues, scoundrels, and swindlers. Why aren't they doing their job?

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: