Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinFest 2016  (Read 22014 times)
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 01:43:24 PM

He appeared to be considering Birmingham.

Midlands may be the best place, I was thinking Manchester I have a few places up here I have used before with events we also have a couple of BTC ATMs near us aswell.

What does it take to start up a event?

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 01:56:59 PM

Midlands may be the best place, I was thinking Manchester I have a few places up here I have used before with events we also have a couple of BTC ATMs near us aswell.

It sounds like you might have what you need; someone just has to find the will to organize. Choose a Bitcoin venue--like a cafe or pub that accepts Bitcoin payments, or an event venue that lets you book it with Bitcoin--and host a free-to-attend event April 5-10. If there's a Bitcoin ATM there, all the better for public outreach. Use any sponsor/donation money you get on cool activities, prizes, freebies, etc. People have also held CoinFest events at places like universities when the fee for booking the venue was waived. We just don't wield fiat when acting as CoinFest organizers.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 02:59:10 PM

It sounds like you might have what you need; someone just has to find the will to organize. Choose a Bitcoin venue--like a cafe or pub that accepts Bitcoin payments, or an event venue that lets you book it with Bitcoin--and host a free-to-attend event April 5-10. If there's a Bitcoin ATM there, all the better for public outreach. Use any sponsor/donation money you get on cool activities, prizes, freebies, etc. People have also held CoinFest events at places like universities when the fee for booking the venue was waived. We just don't wield fiat when acting as CoinFest organizers.

Thanks! I am looking at starting my own Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency events so have made a few contacts but my events will be more towards educating people about crypto-currencies in a formatted way, beginning with very basic stuff. I will put some plans down for CoinFest next year I do have plans to travel a bit so will work around it.

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 03:17:05 PM

Thanks! I am looking at starting my own Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency events so have made a few contacts but my events will be more towards educating people about crypto-currencies in a formatted way, beginning with very basic stuff. I will put some plans down for CoinFest next year I do have plans to travel a bit so will work around it.
Next year as in CoinFest 2016, April 5-10? If you're certain to do that, we have to add you to the map on http://www.coinfest.org/coinfest-2016/ Smiley Formatted things are OK--CoinFest events have taken many forms, including lectures, presentations, workshops, etc. This is an open source initiative with few protocols to adhere to.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 04:17:23 PM

Next year as in CoinFest 2016, April 5-10? If you're certain to do that, we have to add you to the map on http://www.coinfest.org/coinfest-2016/ Smiley Formatted things are OK--CoinFest events have taken many forms, including lectures, presentations, workshops, etc. This is an open source initiative with few protocols to adhere to.

Yeah next year, let me know the protocols and any other information required and I'll try to get things reserved

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 08:47:37 AM

Yeah next year, let me know the protocols and any other information required and I'll try to get things reserved
Cool, I'll add you to the CoinFest 2016 map in the next coinfest.org update.  Grin There are 3 main protocols:

• CoinFest is free to attend for all guests and held in a non-profit manner
  • Host the event at a place that supports cryptocurrency, preferably by accepting it for goods, services or rental fees
  • Host it along with the rest of us April 5-10, 2016

PM me if you have more questions.

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:09:43 AM

Cool, I'll add you to the CoinFest 2016 map in the next coinfest.org update.  Grin There are 3 main protocols:

• CoinFest is free to attend for all guests and held in a non-profit manner
  • Host the event at a place that supports cryptocurrency, preferably by accepting it for goods, services or rental fees
  • Host it along with the rest of us April 5-10, 2016

PM me if you have more questions.

Thank you. I will start to plan now and build up some material, I have another event coming up in the next few months so will see how that goes and may work on my content from there.

Thanks again.

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:44:26 PM

I might me able to go in Vancouver. I live downtown and your location is not far from my building. I definitely want to check it out.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:35:56 PM

What all places in the US are the meetups being planned for ? Would definitely come in one of them if I can take a few days off .

Also is there any website for this ?
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 11:41:36 PM

I might me able to go in Vancouver. I live downtown and your location is not far from my building. I definitely want to check it out.

Cool! A location's actually not been decided, yet, but it's likely to be Decentral Vancouver. Details appear on the Bitcoin Co-op's website closer to the event date.

What all places in the US are the meetups being planned for ? Would definitely come in one of them if I can take a few days off .

Also is there any website for this ?

The CoinFest website is here. You can see a list of cities where CoinFest will occur here.

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 06:05:29 AM

Lots of new updates from CoinFest:

• CoinKite's donation button messed with our transparency system, so we had to get rid of it. It did receive 3 small tips, though, so we gained several cents when we managed to return all funds to the primary address.
  • The anonymized funds were in another multisig wallet generated by our HD seed, so to return all funds, we had to initiate our first transaction. We're happy to say we succeeded in getting the 12 signatures required.
  • With the addition of Anaheim, Tampa Bay, Manchester, Jijel and Bou Saada, there are now 28 cities planning to participate in CoinFest. You can see the full map posted below.

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 03:33:16 AM

We just got 1 BTC from www.newsbtc.com! Now they are a Global Sponsor in addition to a Media Partner. All hail!

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 08:08:25 AM

CoinFest's multisig wallet has been successfully upgraded! It is now 10-of-15. We are now in the process of moving funds from the old multisig wallet; the Transparency System will not function correctly in the meantime.

New address: 3KTsr5rdH1wQu12AtiCsqwxUYVwuAPhSEZ

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 08:12:04 AM

Arnhem and Amsterdam. Sweet!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:36:25 AM

hello,
i am talking about ours, yet we want some funds to hold it in hong kong.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126554.0

(i will prove that we are not begging for money. information are planning.)

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 02:32:40 AM

hello,

The thing is, 10 bitcoins is a lofty goal. Except for CoinFest Vancouver, I don't think any city-node has never managed to raise that much money. Vancouver was only able to pull it off because CoinFest was founded there, and it took 3 years of operation to achieve that success.

What I do is start small and expand the scope of operations as more resources are acquired. CoinFest in Hong Kong could be as simple as a gathering of enthusiasts at a cafe or bar that accepts Bitcoin--that's what the first CoinFest was.

To be added to the world map on www.coinfest.org, you must be committed to hosting an event, even if you do not meet your original fundraising goals. Can you make this promise?

lottery248
Legendary

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:52:18 AM

hello,

The thing is, 10 bitcoins is a lofty goal. Except for CoinFest Vancouver, I don't think any city-node has never managed to raise that much money. Vancouver was only able to pull it off because CoinFest was founded there, and it took 3 years of operation to achieve that success.

What I do is start small and expand the scope of operations as more resources are acquired. CoinFest in Hong Kong could be as simple as a gathering of enthusiasts at a cafe or bar that accepts Bitcoin--that's what the first CoinFest was.

To be added to the world map on www.coinfest.org, you must be committed to hosting an event, even if you do not meet your original fundraising goals. Can you make this promise?
got them, i will try to make this promise.
it is ~20000 HKD. it holds for at least 4 days with everything needed.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 09:06:36 AM

hello,

You can't "try" to make a promise. Promises are binary declarations--you make them or you don't. Tongue

Listen, just remember not to shoot for the Moon. You can't just pick a number and hope to meet it. You must look around for sponsors and fundraising opportunities, and plan your expenses based upon the estimate you come up with. The first CoinFest event had a budget of $100 USD (worth of bitcoins), and it went fine. I got a free venue and cut costs as much as possible.

lottery248
Legendary

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:18:09 AM

hello,

You can't "try" to make a promise. Promises are binary declarations--you make them or you don't. Tongue

Listen, just remember not to shoot for the Moon. You can't just pick a number and hope to meet it. You must look around for sponsors and fundraising opportunities, and plan your expenses based upon the estimate you come up with. The first CoinFest event had a budget of $100 USD (worth of bitcoins), and it went fine. I got a free venue and cut costs as much as possible.
i am not trying to shoot it for the moon, mate.
nowadays in hong kong, renting a venue is ridiculously expensive.
originally, we decided to rent a small theatre in somewhere, however, after a round of calculation, i found that renting a small theatre is more expensive than renting a soccer ground. i don't wanna use the small venues because it does not comfortable to people when crowded. we decided to rent soccer ground as preliminary, as it is more affordable and more possible visitors/audiences. and originally we had venue that we always use, but it is not avaliable for us that period. we have no choice, if we got that venue, we would not need to spend such a lot of money. for our one, we have to accept general audiences of admission in order to have better popularity. more importantly, we need to grant children friendly, and legitimately promoting bitcoin even though the past incident affected the popularity.
coinfest uses to help promoting bitcoin, if we make this event but cannot attract a certain popularity, then we won't call it successful.
hope you understand.  Sad

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:55:23 PM

hello,

i am not trying to shoot it for the moon, mate.
nowadays in hong kong, renting a venue is ridiculously expensive.
originally, we decided to rent a small theatre in somewhere, however, after a round of calculation, i found that renting a small theatre is more expensive than renting a soccer ground. i don't wanna use the small venues because it does not comfortable to people when crowded. we decided to rent soccer ground as preliminary, as it is more affordable and more possible visitors/audiences. and originally we had venue that we always use, but it is not avaliable for us that period. we have no choice, if we got that venue, we would not need to spend such a lot of money. for our one, we have to accept general audiences of admission in order to have better popularity. more importantly, we need to grant children friendly, and legitimately promoting bitcoin even though the past incident affected the popularity.
coinfest uses to help promoting bitcoin, if we make this event but cannot attract a certain popularity, then we won't call it successful.
hope you understand.  Sad
If even ten people get together, it is a success--we've had CoinFest events that small before in a couple cities. This decentralized convention is open source, however, so how you handle it locally is up to you so long as you follow the basic protocols: no using fiat (the venue must let you pay in Bitcoin), it must be free to attend, and no making any profit. Keep me informed, and if it looks like you'll meet your goal in line with those protocols, I'll add you to the map.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: