Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: When is this pirate drama going to end?  (Read 4458 times)
BadBitcoin (James Sutton) (OP)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:32:15 PM

I understand you guys have a few bucks invested in him, I have 20 bitcoins I'm waiting on, but you KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND YOU CONTINUE TO BITCH AND WHINE ALL OVER THE FORUMS.

Please, for the sake of bitcoins, can we just accept the agent of chaos that is pirate@40 will decide whats best for us?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:41:42 PM

It won't stop until another user starts scamming people. In which case, we'll forget about pirate and bitch about someone else.

We love bitching.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 09:46:02 PM

It won't stop until another user starts scamming people. In which case, we'll forget about pirate and bitch about someone else.

We love bitching.

In all my life, I have never, ever, got rapped up in, nor contribute to other people's drama. Yet he I is. Go figure.

~Bruno~
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:48:17 PM

Few bucks? Pretty small minded thinking. bitlane a vocal (and annoying) member has about $25,000 USD tied up in this. Your 20 btc is insignificant, but to assume every one complaining has so little invested is ignorant. That's double what a good number of Americans make in a year of working 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, for 50 (or more) weeks. You are surprised that it's dominating the forums when what looks like the biggest scam in bitcoin's history is going down?  
JompinDox

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:50:20 PM

We love bitching.

Yeah, thanks to pirate, we forgot about zhou!

Tips? 1ELECeJompinDox61L73eAUyaWpe3Q5HZB
Down with socks!
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 09:50:23 PM

3 days 6 hours 42min and counting

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
dissipate

Activity: 288

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:56:09 PM

Pirate drama will end, but not drama in general. Bitcoin is an excellent medium for HYIPs, and new ones will inevitably pop up, with fresh blood trying to get in on the action. Get ready for perpetual drama.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:07:14 PM

Pirate drama has already ended, he got your money, he ran with it.
The only thing that's happening now is people with false hopes and depressions making posts about it, oh and some more trolling at pirates end.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 10:14:49 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:26:16 PM

I do not have a single satoshi invested with pirate; however I am monitoring the pirate drama closely. Why? Because of the potential impact on the BTC / USD exchange rate.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:30:06 PM

I've received my payout.

Phil

Looks like another claim of funds received....

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:30:58 PM

I do not have a single satoshi invested with pirate; however I am monitoring the pirate drama closely. Why? Because of the potential impact on the BTC / USD exchange rate.

Same here.

Things won't go to normal until at least he either repays or loses Vandroiy's bet, which would happen 9 days from now. And then things may still be a bit shaky for a while.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:32:07 PM

It won't stop until another user starts scamming people.

It's funny cuz it's true.
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:33:11 PM

Didn't everyone predict that pirate would do this? Investing in him was more of a bet to try to see if you could pull your money out before he crashed.

robbonz

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:34:34 PM

Wait.... let me get this straight. You guys... willingly? gave your bitcoins to a Pirate, and now you want them back?

HAHAHAHAHA
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:37:52 PM

SHUT YOUR MOUTH. you CANT DISPROVE ITS A NOT PONZI.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
SpontaneousDisorder

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:39:19 PM

Be honest

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:41:05 PM

I really hope pirate ends up writing a Currin Trading-style full disclosure a couple months down the line. It would put so many people in their place

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:41:18 PM

The whole story is pretty amusing and of course interesting, however, im not invested on any of these schemes and never will be.
If i really want to gamble ill put my money in real investments where i do my own dd.
In the end all this story does is the effect that more people will see bitcoin as a tool for scammers and people with illegal ambitions.
On the bet all i can say that either the guy who makes the bet is stupid or has enough money to prove his confidence or knows more than anybody else here.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
Donator

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:54:11 PM

Few bucks? Pretty small minded thinking. bitlane a vocal (and annoying) member has about $25,000 USD tied up in this. Your 20 btc is insignificant, but to assume every one complaining has so little invested is ignorant. That's double what a good number of Americans make in a year of working 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, for 50 (or more) weeks. You are surprised that it's dominating the forums when what looks like the biggest scam in bitcoin's history is going down?  

I had my entire university fund in bitcoinica for a single week, and during that week it was hacked and I haven't gotten a penny back, I made the bitcoinica investigation and then stopped mentioning it because talking about it won't get me my money back, and bitcoinica was a fully licensed financial services corporation that had a completely acceptable EULA.

Pirate was giving you 7% returns from the start, on a shady forum account, with absolutely no information regarding what he was putting the money towards or any guarantee on ever paying back, come on, think about it, why not just play poker?  But calling me ignorant for over my small value invested in pirate is laughable, because you and I both know you shouldn't have put more than that in, in the first place.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:58:30 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2012, 11:18:49 PM by muyuu

I had my entire university fund in bitcoinica for a single week, and during that week it was hacked and I haven't gotten a penny back, I made the bitcoinica investigation and then stopped mentioning it because talking about it won't get me my money back, and bitcoinica was a fully licensed financial services corporation that had a completely acceptable EULA.

Pirate was giving you 7% returns from the start, on a shady forum account, with absolutely no information regarding what he was putting the money towards or any guarantee on ever paying back, come on, think about it, why not just play poker?  But calling me ignorant for over my small value invested in pirate is laughable, because you and I both know you shouldn't have put more than that in, in the first place.

Bitcoinica was hacked 2 times before they got "third time lucky" - they only denied repayments after the last hack. It was terribly reckless to have your entire University fund in Bitcoinica to the bitter end. No two ways about that.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 11:11:43 PM

I made money off of pirate. I put BTC10 in some passthru and took BTC12.4 out. It was a gamble, and I didn't get greedy. I was actually surprised when I got my money back.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Donator

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:28:50 PM

Pirate was giving you 7% returns from the start, on a shady forum account, with absolutely no information regarding what he was putting the money towards or any guarantee on ever paying back, come on, think about it, why not just play poker?  But calling me ignorant for over my small value invested in pirate is laughable, because you and I both know you shouldn't have put more than that in, in the first place.

Bitcoinica was hacked 2 times before they got "third time lucky" - they only denied repayments after the last hack. It was terribly reckless to have your entire University fund in Bitcoinica to the bitter end. No two ways about that.

agreed, and I don't disagree on the wrecklessness on it, and I've learned from it, however what I'm saying is bitching and moaning about pirate potentially defaulting is laughable by comparison.

My protip: accept it as a loss right now, and if he pays you back, awesome, if not, you already wrote it off in your head so it won't matter.
dissipate

Activity: 288

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:31:12 PM

I made money off of pirate. I put BTC10 in some passthru and took BTC12.4 out. It was a gamble, and I didn't get greedy. I was actually surprised when I got my money back.

Why? If the scheme was still running it would be foolish for him not to give it back because you would yell about it on the forums and trigger a premature panic resulting in massive withdrawals.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:40:17 PM

Wait.... let me get this straight. You guys... willingly? gave your bitcoins to a Pirate, and now you want them back?

HAHAHAHAHA
A thousand times this.

Ouch.
I still don't think the intersango boys understand how many lives they affected with this whole thing.
Out of curiosity, do you plan to sue? Do you plan to turn up to the London conference?  Cheesy
Donator

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:00:27 AM

HAHAHAHAHA
A thousand times this.

Ouch.
I still don't think the intersango boys understand how many lives they affected with this whole thing.
Out of curiosity, do you plan to sue? Do you plan to turn up to the London conference?  Cheesy

hah, yeah I don't think they do either.

I can't afford to go to the conference (seeing as I'm canadian and poor ahah), same issue with suing, that plus I know NOTHING of law in a case like this, I'm hoping that the current suit will be able to add me and others later as secondary plantiffs (although that could be an extremely remote possibility)
556j

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:39:55 AM

Well I had nothing in Pirate as it was an obvious ponzi since day 1 in my opinion.

And I don't mean to insult you really. But your comments were insensitive to people that have more than they can lose tied up with this stuff. Sure they should have known better but for people new to economics, investing, didn't have a lot of time to spend on forums, and when they did come to the forums there was always 5+ guys claiming how legit pirate was, we can't continue to blame them. Or refer to their loss as "a few bucks"
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 05:44:56 AM

HAHAHAHAHA

What's even funnier is that Bitlame is going to call 911 and DEMAND, using a LOUD VOICE, that they respond to his panic attack by devoting actual law enforcement resources to getting back the magic internet monies he voluntarily gave away.

Then, I predict something even more funny will occur, as crazy Bitlame's frothing head meets Officer Friendly's nightstick/taser/sidearm!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Enigma81

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:07:11 AM

Well I had nothing in Pirate as it was an obvious ponzi since day 1 in my opinion.

And I don't mean to insult you really. But your comments were insensitive to people that have more than they can lose tied up with this stuff. Sure they should have known better but for people new to economics, investing, didn't have a lot of time to spend on forums, and when they did come to the forums there was always 5+ guys claiming how legit pirate was, we can't continue to blame them. Or refer to their loss as "a few bucks"

Ponzi? Maybe. Don't know.  What I do know is that no-one here had more tied up than they can afford to lose.  There can't possibly be a single human being on this planet dumb enough to invest more into a risky venture than they can afford to never see again.  I don't even invest more than I can afford to lose into EXTREMELY solid funds, and the amount I'm willing to invest into a questionable one is no more than I'm willing to stick into a Las Vegas slot machine.  If someone was moronic enough to sink funds that they can't live without into a very risky venture (7% per week is risky no matter how you slice the bread), I'm all for letting Darwin's rule play itself out.

Enigma
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 06:28:22 AM

Re: When is this pirate drama going to end?

not until ppl stop starting a new thread every time they have a random thought on the subject Cheesy

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
556j

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:47:45 AM

Ponzi? Maybe. Don't know.  What I do know is that no-one here had more tied up than they can afford to lose.  There can't possibly be a single human being on this planet dumb enough to invest more into a risky venture than they can afford to never see again.  I don't even invest more than I can afford to lose into EXTREMELY solid funds, and the amount I'm willing to invest into a questionable one is no more than I'm willing to stick into a Las Vegas slot machine.  If someone was moronic enough to sink funds that they can't live without into a very risky venture (7% per week is risky no matter how you slice the bread), I'm all for letting Darwin's rule play itself out.

Lots of people do, MMM had over 50 suicides when it collapsed. Victim blaming is really fucked for ponzi's because the main losers are people that didn't really have a clear understanding of what they were getting into. We realize how ridiculous 7%/week is but like you're saying it's unthinkable for us to have a lot in something like that.

BTW natural selection has little to do with intelligence but moreso the ability to adapt. Which the big losers will get a good test in soon enough and most of them will come out better persons because of it. 
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:33:45 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2012, 09:14:32 AM by CoinCidental

the last couple of months ,every second thread was a warning to pull your cash out
because people with calculators quickly figured out this was going to collapse

vandroiy told everyone initially but the problem was people want to believe they
get 3400% interest

no matter how many times the impossible  numbers were posted as a warning  ,all it
 did was attract more new investors

the warnings were so much in your face its hard to believe anyone would still invest but
people were still opening new accounts + making  deposits to bitcoin max just a few days
 ago and havent even qualified for a 1 weeks interest yet...........

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:37:34 AM

Everyone should be happy that it was a "pirate" that did this

Imagine if someone styling themselves as Gordon Gekko had done this?

I'd take Johnny Depp slightly drunk on rum playing pirates over Gordon Gekko any day. Gordon wouldn't tell you what he was doing before he shafted you, he'd just do it (and laugh at you all afterwards)

Vires in numeris
Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:38:20 AM

3 days 6 hours 42min and counting
I have not followed much or invested with pirate, could you enlighten me as to what this is based on?

I mean if his ponzi has just arrived at 500K btc (say the "I am awesome address"), why stop paying out?

Surely the only way to tell is if more has been paid out total than invested total - does anyone have those numbers?

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:44:51 AM

It will end when you guys let pirate have his way with the market...

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:22:48 PM

Lots of people do, MMM had over 50 suicides when it collapsed. Victim blaming is really fucked for ponzi's because the main losers are people that didn't really have a clear understanding of what they were getting into. We realize how ridiculous 7%/week is but like you're saying it's unthinkable for us to have a lot in something like that.

BTW natural selection has little to do with intelligence but moreso the ability to adapt. Which the big losers will get a good test in soon enough and most of them will come out better persons because of it. 

It's very easy to say you didn't understand when you lost out, just like it is to say you were a hero when it turned out OK.

Sure, for some people, your point is likely true.  But for 80% of them, they just wanted easy money, and didn't like the way the cookie crumbled.  And wanted the upside without the downside - i.e. a bailout.  Sad but true.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 10:24:31 PM

Why? If the scheme was still running it would be foolish for him not to give it back because you would yell about it on the forums and trigger a premature panic resulting in massive withdrawals.
I had anticipated a collapse earlier than it actually collapsed...I figured if small timers like me are able to get in, it must be close to the end.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 11:05:54 PM

Now. Er hopefully soon.

We can now conclude pretty decisively that pirate isn't going to pay anyone and Matthew is not either.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 11:45:31 PM

When will the drama end?  Hopefully those that speculated with Pirate can get some justice, hopefully through courts.  He's taken a lot of money from people and he shouldn't expect them to just shrug their shoulders, say 'oh well' and keep quiet.  As for Mathew, well, I had no bets with him as it was pointless.  Some guy on the internet was going to pay out hundreds of thousands of dollars over a ponzi theft bet.  Seriously?  He gets a scammer tag on the forums.  Fine.  He'll just open a new account tomorrow and carry on.

Maybe we can all learn from these experiences and in the future know there is no 'it's different this time' and 'I'm breaking the laws of finance and mathematics because it's bitcoin' when investing.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 09:12:10 PM

+1  This is why I have paid attention too, seeing how the crowd is feeling on a day to day basis.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:16:20 PM

Now. Er hopefully soon.

We can now conclude pretty decisively that pirate isn't going to pay anyone and Matthew is not either.

Wanna bet ? Wink

The_Duke

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 07:33:18 AM

We love bitching.

This. Bitcoin will be used for more and more scams, and every time this community will go through the same process, until the next scam arrives and the same meek sheep jump on the bandwagon again.

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: