Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Removed from Default Trust  (Read 1409 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 10:44:35 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 10:56:39 AM by Muhammed Zakir

You need to trust the same people he does. If you don't use default trust at level 2 you'll see different scores depending on who you have added.
Thanks though i do trust only DefaultTrust but i figured why i see Different from QS (becuase i checked his trust and he has left feedback thrice for him so it adds up +6) , so comes to 25 but i don't understand why 44 , why such large difference ?
Understanding Trust system is little hard but maybe it's because QS's list must be a little modified and hence making it more Green for him .
Only QS can confirm it !

Quickseller's +6 rating will change third number and maybe fourth too. The first number will take some time to increase.

The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.

Edit: AFAIK the formula used atm. It may have changed.

Code:
scam_reports = total unique users who report scamming
reports = total positive ratings
btc = total BTC from positive ratings
unique_reports = total unique users who posted positive ratings
oldest = timestamp of the oldest positive trust rating
latest_scam = timestamp of the latest scam rating

scam_multiplier = 1
# recent scam = bigger negative score
if(current_time - latest_scam < 7 days)
    scam_multiplier += 1.5

# new member = bigger negative score
if(current_time - oldest < 60 days)
    scam_multiplier += 3

months = months since oldest
total = reports + btc/50    # 50 BTC = 1 report

# long-term con men
if(total > 0 && scam_reports > 4)
    scam_multiplier += (scam_reports / total) * 50

# Approximately limit the number of points each person can contribute each month
subtotal = min(2*unique_reports * months, total)
# Newer users have smaller point limits
limited_total = min(subtotal, 10*months) / 10

score = min((limited_total * months - scam_reports * scam_multiplier), 150)

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 10:54:02 AM

You can still leave negative trust if you find a scammer and the members who want to trust your trust rating will do. It does not matter if you are/not in the default trust list.

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:24:42 PM

The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.

Edit: AFAIK the formula used atm. It may have changed.

Code:
scam_reports = total unique users who report scamming
reports = total positive ratings
btc = total BTC from positive ratings
unique_reports = total unique users who posted positive ratings
oldest = timestamp of the oldest positive trust rating
latest_scam = timestamp of the latest scam rating

scam_multiplier = 1
# recent scam = bigger negative score
if(current_time - latest_scam < 7 days)
    scam_multiplier += 1.5

# new member = bigger negative score
if(current_time - oldest < 60 days)
    scam_multiplier += 3

months = months since oldest
total = reports + btc/50    # 50 BTC = 1 report

# long-term con men
if(total > 0 && scam_reports > 4)
    scam_multiplier += (scam_reports / total) * 50

# Approximately limit the number of points each person can contribute each month
subtotal = min(2*unique_reports * months, total)
# Newer users have smaller point limits

score = min((limited_total * months - scam_reports * scam_multiplier), 150)

I can't understand anything in this formula LOL
It's got too much of mathematics and am not at all good at it!
Anyways let's now hijack devthedev's thread , i got my answers Thank you

Quickseller's +6 rating will change third number and maybe fourth too. The first number will take some time to increase.

I never understood how the trust works , I see you have this trust : 0: -0 / +3(3) , why does the First number of yours is still zero ??
As you posted above a quote by Theymos , he says first number won't be other than 0 for a month , you first trusted feedback is 2 months old but your first number of trust is still 0 WHY Huh
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 12:36:11 PM

I can't understand anything in this formula LOL
It's got too much of mathematics and am not at all good at it!
Anyways let's now hijack devthedev's thread , i got my answers Thank you

Not so hard if you check forst few comments in the formula.

I never understood how the trust works , I see you have this trust : 0: -0 / +3(3) , why does the First number of yours is still zero ??
As you posted above a quote by Theymos , he says first number won't be other than 0 for a month , you first trusted feedback is 2 months old but your first number of trust is still 0 WHY Huh

theymos said that nobody will get first number above zero until system is atleast 1 month old. Not the way you said. Relevant part of the code for your question:

Code:

AFAIK if you get 1 feedback only, it will take 10 months for the first number to become 1. So when you get more feedback, 10 month will reduce. I will have to wait dome more weeks for first number to become 1 unless a user who left one of the older feedback is in trust list of the user who sees it.

P.S. If you want to get better answer and/or want to know more, please start a new thread.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:40:05 PM

You need to trust the same people he does. If you don't use default trust at level 2 you'll see different scores depending on who you have added.
Thanks though i do trust only DefaultTrust but i figured why i see Different from QS (becuase i checked his trust and he has left feedback thrice for him so it adds up +6) , so comes to 25 but i don't understand why 44 , why such large difference ?
Understanding Trust system is little hard but maybe it's because QS's list must be a little modified and hence making it more Green for him .
Only QS can confirm it !

EDIT : @Muhammed Zakir , so his Trust List is modified , i thought to check it up (which i'm) but it's big to compare it in devthedev's Cheesy
Thank for clarifying
I use a custom trust list. Any feedback that I left for dev will show up for you by default because I am in badbears list. The reason that his score is higher from my point of view is because more people have left positive trust to dev that are in my trust network then are in default trust network.
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:18:36 PM

Only QS can confirm it !

EDIT : @Muhammed Zakir , so his Trust List is modified , i thought to check it up (which i'm) but it's big to compare it in devthedev's Cheesy
Thank for clarifying
I use a custom trust list. Any feedback that I left for dev will show up for you by default because I am in badbears list. The reason that his score is higher from my point of view is because more people have left positive trust to dev that are in my trust network then are in default trust network.

I don't see why a custom list is of any use to those outside the level 2. As far as possible I would like to see the rating as I know the majority would see it. If I want to decide whether the person is trustworthy, I will check through all the feedback. I don't need a number or color then to show me whether to trust.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 01:22:07 PM

Only QS can confirm it !

Thank for clarifying

I don't see why a custom list is of any use to those outside the level 2. As far as possible I would like to see the rating as I know the majority would see it. If I want to decide whether the person is trustworthy, I will check through all the feedback. I don't need a number or color then to show me whether to trust.

If you don't trust me and if somehow I am default trust list, you can remove me. Even though you check each feedback, by removing people you don't trust and adding people you trust will help you to get an idea whether user is trustworthy at a glance.

peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:24:26 PM

Only QS can confirm it !

Thank for clarifying

If you don't trust me and if somehow I am default trust list, you can remove me. Even though you check each feedback, by removing people you don't trust and adding people you trust will help you to get an idea whether user is trustworthy at a glance.

I said if I need, I will look through all of it. It doesn't matter to me what my trust list is like, I can always look through all the feedback.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:25:44 PM

Only QS can confirm it !

Thank for clarifying

Using a custom trust list allows me to expand my trust network. People on my trust list are people whose opinions I trust and who I trust to maintain a trust list whose trust ratings are sound.  They are not necessarily people who I would trust with my money or who I would send money or goods to first without escrow, although for the most part they are.
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:35:07 PM

I couldn't agree more with the above. Some peeps deserve it, and some peeps REALLY deserve it  Wink Wink Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: