Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:16:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: London Looks to become Future Global Financial Hub for Bitcoin  (Read 840 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:50:12 AM

Great Britain made an epic mistake about 150 years ago. When the United Kingdom, not Germany, not the United States, was the original home of the automobile’s innovation. This is not well-publicized in Western culture because of the epic failure in the story, and how swiftly the U.K. acted in its own demise. Instead of welcoming the automobile as a technological marvel that’ll not only provide freedom of travel to the masses someday, but also a massive industry they could cultivate domestically, they shunned the automobile. Instead of a technological advancement, British regulators saw the automobile as rolling machines of death to be feared and legislated out of the country altogether through the “Red Flag Laws”, or “Locomotive Acts” of the 19th century.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/london-looks-become-future-global-financial-hub-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:09:21 PM

Nice to see Bitcoin gets taken serious instead of countries and companies trying to prevent people from using it.

I hope they put their plans to action and not end up in just being a plan. With the right people on board it must work out well.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:13:55 PM

i think they will wait until the regulation before doing this move, they are on track for doing both things

talking about this news http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/18/u-k-to-regulate-bitcoin-exchanges/
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:22:19 PM

Nice to see Bitcoin gets taken serious instead of countries and companies trying to prevent people from using it.

I hope they put their plans to action and not end up in just being a plan. With the right people on board it must work out well.

It seems bitcoin is not only an alternative, but maybe it will be a valid option to replace FIAT value.

i think they will wait until the regulation before doing this move, they are on track for doing both things

talking about this news http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/18/u-k-to-regulate-bitcoin-exchanges/

It is almost impossible to regulate bitcoin but I am not an expert of politic and laws.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:33:30 PM

London used to be a financial hub with many pragmatic players, so catching up with bitcoin seems to be quite natural approach Smiley.
Cruxer

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:42:27 PM

Great Britain made an epic mistake about 150 years ago. When the United Kingdom, not Germany, not the United States, was the original home of the automobile’s innovation. This is not well-publicized in Western culture because of the epic failure in the story, and how swiftly the U.K. acted in its own demise. Instead of welcoming the automobile as a technological marvel that’ll not only provide freedom of travel to the masses someday, but also a massive industry they could cultivate domestically, they shunned the automobile. Instead of a technological advancement, British regulators saw the automobile as rolling machines of death to be feared and legislated out of the country altogether through the “Red Flag Laws”, or “Locomotive Acts” of the 19th century.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/london-looks-become-future-global-financial-hub-bitcoin/
I wish them best, but london and britain in general is very expensive to run business :|
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 02:03:05 PM

Reminds me well on what I used to learn about management principles. Companies will only survive if they adapt quickly and innovate to stay ahead in competition. Bitcoin is no exception in this case.

JayCoDon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 02:06:00 PM

Bitcoin is very hard to regulate when you think of it globally. Bitcoin is very easy to regulate when you think of it nationally. What I mean by that is that if I have my bitcoin and I need to convert it to fiat for whatever reason, that can be regulated aggressively. But if I just want to send my bitcoin around the world, that's much harder to regulate.

The fact that the UK wants to become a hub for bitcoin development is a really wonderful opportunity. Other countries should look to the UK and try to emulate it because advances in financial technology will only make us all far better off.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 02:10:41 PM

London used to be a financial hub with many pragmatic players, so catching up with bitcoin seems to be quite natural approach Smiley.

London is a very nice city much butter than others in EU (for example Italy, spain and French).

I wish them best, but london and britain in general is very expensive to run business :|

I do not know how it is the cost to open a standard companies, but is it more than one in USA?

Reminds me well on what I used to learn about management principles. Companies will only survive if they adapt quickly and innovate to stay ahead in competition. Bitcoin is no exception in this case.

Bitcoin in this case it may be the solution to all the IT companies but why not also a solution for a lot of other companies not related with the technology/informatic.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 03:24:41 PM

SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:35:55 PM

It is true UK is showing friendliness to bitcoin. But, I wonder, how long they'll continue. AFAIK, BitStamp & CEX.io are both registered from London.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:51:20 PM

It is true UK is showing friendliness to bitcoin. But, I wonder, how long they'll continue. AFAIK, BitStamp & CEX.io are both registered from London.

Also Blockchain.info if I'm not mistaken. The UK is also friendly to setting up business... way better than other parts of Europe at least.

GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:14:39 PM

Also Blockchain.info if I'm not mistaken. The UK is also friendly to setting up business... way better than other parts of Europe at least.
wait it shows that its from luxembourg when i get on it or that does not mean that its in there?
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 06:21:15 PM

Here I was thinking that Amsterdam would be the next bitcoin capital, and now London is going to be the next hub. Whatever and wherever the bitcoin makes the campaign, all I care is about the welfare the bitcoin community.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:30:14 PM

wait it shows that its from luxembourg when i get on it or that does not mean that its in there?

Waiting for more State.... bitcoin can really help a lot of companies to get out from the economic crisis.

Here I was thinking that Amsterdam would be the next bitcoin capital, and now London is going to be the next hub. Whatever and wherever the bitcoin makes the campaign, all I care is about the welfare the bitcoin community.

I hope also Greece will start "to use" bitcoin, maybe as a good alternative.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:51:43 AM

Hmm... you made me doubt there for a second. Their SSL certs may be from Luxemburg, but I know they were at least started in the UK and pretty sure they operate from there http://blockchain.com/about/.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:27:18 PM

The reuters's article:

London, center of the $5-trillion-a-day global currency market, now wants to be home to a controversial upstart - bitcoin.
Backers of bitcoin praised this for lending legitimacy to the currency - which unlike traditional money has no printed form and remains outside the control of central banks - without stifling innovation.

"London has been the home of financial innovation for hundreds of years," said Nicolas Cary, co-founder of Blockchain, which provides bitcoin data and "wallet" software for storing the currency. "It would be a historical mistake not to make this the home of digital currencies. There's an incredible amount of talent and experience here."

Just over 14 million bitcoins are in circulation, worth around $3.1 billion at the current exchange rate of around $220 each.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/15/us-currency-bitcoin-london-insight-idUSKBN0N622320150415
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:55:37 PM

If any banks were willing to play, the UK would already be feverish crypto hub. It doesn't look like that attitude's changing any time soon.

The government and tech players can make all the noise they like but nothing'll happen if a business isn't permitted to actually function.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: