Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool  (Read 146932 times)
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 07:29:10 AM

I ran PR1.4. It does nothing. It says it starts miners by showing cmd windows & closing, but NO PHONEIX.EXE runs in task manager & no OSD & NO MINING AT ALL.
It shows everything as mining , but without mining actually.
Check it. Again going back to 1.31

Please, add tabbed interface SOOOOOOOOON.
With 6 clients, i actually can't able to see last client, due to now added pause, temp....
Only way to see, is to delete last 3 clients which i don't use now from phoenix.ini after taking backup of phoenix.ini.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lvlrdka22 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:18:01 AM

Eh, don't know what to say. I didn't change the launch function at all, and the OSD even shows up on my XP 32-bit laptop with only integrated (along with phoenix, which exits as soon as it launches since it couldn't find a GPU to run on).
I just downloaded from the link to test, works...
Try opening pr.log and check that the launch parameters are correct?

AOCLBF 1.75: POCLBM/Phoenix GUI (Build-In OC Tool).
Barely Clocked: Clock Speed/Voltage/Fan Speed Tweaking.

If I helped, I helped!

http://bit.ly/iWgHPC
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 09:27:06 AM

Tried again downloading 1.4. Same error, no mining.
Also the pr.log shows everything correctly.
I don't know why not mining at all. hope some one will try & reply.
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 10:11:15 AM

Hm, if you have Process Explorer, mind opening that up, run PR, scroll down so that PR is visible in Process Explorer, and hit run?
Try to see if phoenix is created as a child process (should be a tree under PR.exe). It may disappear quickly, so as soon as you hit run, look on Process Explorer.

Also, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?3qhx6ke2lpx0g29
All the that changed between the launching process in 1.31 and 1.4 is that I added logging (which I removed in this).

If I helped, I helped!

Peao
Legendary

Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 11:10:13 AM

Tried again downloading 1.4. Same error, no mining.
Also the pr.log shows everything correctly.
I don't know why not mining at all. hope some one will try & reply.

Same error here.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 11:21:46 AM

1.4a also gives same problem.

1.31 working fine.

huayra.agera

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 12:10:59 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2011, 01:27:53 PM by huayra.agera

Hi! It's been a while since I've started using PR! Just having issues with my ISP's IP addresses being banned from the forum, I had to use proxy servers just to read threads here. =)

I think we should have a feature request, would that be asking a lot? =)
The whole idea is that the only thing that we'll launch is you're GUI.

Here's the list:
1. Temperature display (VRM, Core, Memory) OSD (since you were already able to tap into the temp control)
    -addendum: Clock throttling to a certain profile when a temp is reached like for example, at night temps are cold, we could OC to like 911/300 5850 stock volts, but during daytime noontime when temps reach like 85-90C on core, it would throttle down to like 860/300.
2. Overclocking tool (like set the clocks at start/when the Run button is pressed)
3. Fan Speed display
4. GPU Core, Memory, VRM Clocks display
5. Maybe the Withdraw button for pools that support it (Same as with GUIminer)
6. Maybe the Miner Stats reporting (like the Widget) where in we enter the API Json from the pool and we get stats like current exchange rate, pool has rate, miner hash rate, BTC earned, workers, etc.

I would say a lot of us here is going to support you (donations, mine at you're suggested pools, bounty etc.)

We couldn't be even more thankful for all your work. =)

I would happily beta test your app!

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:01:24 PM

Hi! It's been a while since I've started using PR! Just having issues with my ISP's IP addresses being banned from the forum, I had to use proxy servers just to read threads here. =)

Here's the list:
1. Temperature display (VRM, Core, Memory) OSD (since you were already able to tap into the temp control)
    -addendum: Clock throttling to a certain profile when a temp is reached like for example, at night temps are cold, we could OC to like 911/300 5850 stock volts, but during daytime noontime when temps reach like 85-90C on core, it would throttle down to like 860/300.
2. Overclocking tool (like set the clocks at start/when the Run button is pressed)
3. Fan Speed display
6. Maybe the Miner Stats reporting (like the Widget) where in we enter the API Json from the pool and we get stats like current exchange rate, pool has rate, miner hash rate, BTC earned, workers, etc.

I would say a lot of us here is going to support you (donations, mine at you're suggested pools, bounty etc.)

Most of the things u asked already in Afterburner.
Adding all these things to MINER will make it BLOAT-WARE & can cause severe performance decrease & mining efficiency.
Also, Its always good to use more than one tool, which will give space to work easily.
huayra.agera

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:10:14 PM

It's pretty obvious all my feature request are already in afterburner, but my suggestion was that it would be very efficient if we only launch 1 program to monitor, OC, run the miners, etc. I think they wouldn't be too much bloatware either as they are all useful. How I wish I know how to code but ideas are the least I can contribute. And testing =).

LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:29:14 PM

So will 64bit binaries return in future versions past 1.4 or has that ship sailed?

I prefer to use 64bit apps, though I know there really isn't any kind of performance gain in this small of a program it still is a peeve of mine.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
rowbot

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

NOW

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:50:25 PM

This is great. But without fail it crashes my entire desktop after about 10-15 minutes.

I have a 5830 running 2.4 SDK @ around 85C. I've tried both the phatk and poclbm kernels, and they both crash.

Independently running phoenix with the same args I have no problems, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
huayra.agera

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 03:02:01 PM

This is great. But without fail it crashes my entire desktop after about 10-15 minutes.

I have a 5830 running 2.4 SDK @ around 85C. I've tried both the phatk and poclbm kernels, and they both crash.

Independently running phoenix with the same args I have no problems, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm running the GUI on 3 machines crossfired and am having no issues. Maybe you can update your flags?

xanadu

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 03:03:13 PM

The mediafire link is failing for me, it connects and says "Click here to start download from Mediafire"

The download never starts, the connection just times out (I've tried both IE and Firefox).

Thanks,
-X
xanadu

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 03:25:32 PM

The mediafire link is failing for me, it connects and says "Click here to start download from Mediafire"

The download never starts, the connection just times out (I've tried both IE and Firefox).

Thanks,
-X
Of course, half an hour later and the link works fine Smiley
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 05:57:17 PM

I don't know what happened.
But after trying 1.32 & 1.4 & 1.4 a, now even 1.31 crashes every 20-30 minutes.
Also, crash makes program to hang showing restarting cmd window.
Until manually close restarting window, mining is not happening.
I don't know, how i am going to sleep, coz miner may crash & won't mine at all.
lvlrdka22 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 06:19:31 PM

Here's the list:
3. Fan Speed display

Eh, only temperature reading is available in the ATI-provided DLL I'm using, can't get ADL working.
I do have an external script that displays all current GPU statistics through GPUZ, but I would rather not release that (argh, need ADL working!).
Overclock tool, I've been thinking about it. Should be relatively simple, as long as I can get ADL working  Roll Eyes.
Most likely no on the Withdraw, since I don't want to ever be accused of stealing/changing bitcoin address Undecided (it'll need complete website log in to withdraw).
I was thinking about using JSON to detect if pool is down, but not too familiar with it.

This seems familiar. I think there might have been a bug with Catalyst 11.4 and the SDK that came with that, because it would blue screen if I ended phoenix process instead of ctrl+break.
Using 11.4?

So will 64bit binaries return in future versions past 1.4 or has that ship sailed?

I prefer to use 64bit apps, though I know there really isn't any kind of performance gain in this small of a program it still is a peeve of mine.
Yeah, no more 64-bit, since the DLLs are 32-bit Undecided.
One of the functions I'm using to kill phoenix processes is also 32-bit only apparently.

For those people that 1.4 refuses to work, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?qgz988s9ojx7j4n
I copy-pasted the entire phoenix-launching function from 1.4 over. See if this works.

If I helped, I helped!

LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 06:22:14 PM

1.4 Fails to launch the GUI on WIn7 x64 SP1

Weird.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 06:25:38 PM

I think the problem may be due to saving the settings & working in read only mode.
Since it is read only mode, new features may not be able to save & giving problem.
Have to test with NO read only.
Also, i now removed read only , added a client, removed a client & saved settings again with 1.31, hoping new save will make 1.31 work with out crash.
Also, now running with NO read only.
Internet151

Activity: 174

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 06:30:36 PM

It would be nice if Phoenix Rising could show some more statistics, like how many times it's gotten work queue is empty from x pool, how many times it's been disconnected and reconnected from x pool, etc.
hollajandro

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 06:47:58 PM

For those people that 1.4 refuses to work, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?qgz988s9ojx7j4n
I copy-pasted the entire phoenix-launching function from 1.4 over. See if this works.

This works for me as 1.4 wouldn't actually run phoenix.exe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: