Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70797 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:57:27 AM

Gambling is a profitable industry, specially when it is monopolized. That is why goverments gravitate into gambling. Gambling is allowed in all countries, it is just the degree of free market gambling that is different. Sometimes the government wants it all.

Not in all countries. In most part of the Asia I believe that it is illegal especially in the middle east countries and/or in the country where the Religion law is strong enough . Though there are alot of illegal gambling activites in such countries but if the legal feds finds out who operate it, the operator would be charge with fine and prison sentences . In some countries however ( like you stated, especially the west side ), the goverment legalized gambling and got a income in form of tax from it

Most of the countries that are legal to gambling is in the country that have a democracy government, because its a free country and you can do what you want and their law are not strong so that foreigner went to that country and they just do a wrong thing and make a money and not having any doubts that they will caught because they know that , the law of that country are weak. LIKE  PHILIPPINES.

Your logic got some flaw and you might want to take a quick snap at google for the word "democracy". Democracy doesnt mean that you can do whatever you want. It actually mean that you are free to choose who to govern you. Instead law in democracy country is strong and based on "not guilty until it is proven". Also democracy means that the highest power is from the people

[/quote]
But by the meaning of democracy government didn't follow. And if you live in this country you will know what exactly what i mean. So only said that and you only refer to its meaning not into the situation of the philipines.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 10:23:35 AM

Gambling is a profitable industry, specially when it is monopolized. That is why goverments gravitate into gambling. Gambling is allowed in all countries, it is just the degree of free market gambling that is different. Sometimes the government wants it all.

Not in all countries. In most part of the Asia I believe that it is illegal especially in the middle east countries and/or in the country where the Religion law is strong enough . Though there are alot of illegal gambling activites in such countries but if the legal feds finds out who operate it, the operator would be charge with fine and prison sentences . In some countries however ( like you stated, especially the west side ), the goverment legalized gambling and got a income in form of tax from it

Most of the countries that are legal to gambling is in the country that have a democracy government, because its a free country and you can do what you want and their law are not strong so that foreigner went to that country and they just do a wrong thing and make a money and not having any doubts that they will caught because they know that , the law of that country are weak. LIKE  PHILIPPINES.

Your logic got some flaw and you might want to take a quick snap at google for the word "democracy". Democracy doesnt mean that you can do whatever you want. It actually mean that you are free to choose who to govern you. Instead law in democracy country is strong and based on "not guilty until it is proven". Also democracy means that the highest power is from the people
But by the meaning of democracy government didn't follow. And if you live in this country you will know what exactly what i mean. So only said that and you only refer to its meaning not into the situation of the philipines.

I do live in a Democracy country and that is why I knew about this thing that is why I relay to the fact about what I knew about Democracy country. It is not that the law is not strong in philippines, it just that the population is too many and that most people there are living not according to the rules, this actually makes an assumption that the law in that country is not strong enough

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:12:25 PM

But by the meaning of democracy government didn't follow. And if you live in this country you will know what exactly what I mean. So only said that and you only refer to its meaning not into the situation of the Philippines.

I do live in a Democracy country and that is why I knew about this thing that is why I relay to the fact about what I knew about Democracy country. It is not that the law is not strong in philippines, it just that the population is too many and that most people there are living not according to the rules, this actually makes an assumption that the law in that country is not strong enough
Not really the problem is the population, the problem is the people who have a power to control or to rule this country. You won't understand me until you live in this country and if you now the pork barrel scam, They scam the taxes that we pay its almost 10 billion pesos or $224 million. Think of that money, they must lend it to the people or give the people a good services and renovate the bridges, hospitals,schools etc.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:39:05 PM

I say keepz the government out of da cryptos all together. We don't need them. we don't want them. We are strong without them.

I think we can't live or our life will be ruined if theres no government to support us. Even if theres so many negatives ideas or things that government done, we need them to have a peaceful life and to have a leader to lead us in a great community.

I think the fundamental question is: Without the government people, who will protect us from the other people, just like them, who will tax, confiscate and kill us?

You just only specific my idea. But we are talking about government not the government people. Now? you know what is the importance of the government? Even if they corrupt us or steal our money we need them.

Yes, we also need them to confuse us about the purpose of government, and to tell us that the alternative government people out there (IS, Russia) are worse.

We don't confused them, we just only explained to them the importance of government. And the benifits that they get if there are government. The advantage of a country that have a government. even if i say it that we need a government, i am not a government supporter or believer because i know what they are doing .

The governments of all countries are not same and when we talk or think about the government the first thing comes to our mind is the corruption. Most of the government employees are involved in scams or corrupted activities so it becomes difficult for a ordinary person to trust them and when it comes to bitcoin I don't think that corrupted government will come in support of bitcoin.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:39:15 PM

I say keepz the government out of da cryptos all together. We don't need them. we don't want them. We are strong without them.

I think we can't live or our life will be ruined if theres no government to support us. Even if theres so many negatives ideas or things that government done, we need them to have a peaceful life and to have a leader to lead us in a great community.

I think the fundamental question is: Without the government people, who will protect us from the other people, just like them, who will tax, confiscate and kill us?

You just only specific my idea. But we are talking about government not the government people. Now? you know what is the importance of the government? Even if they corrupt us or steal our money we need them.

Yes, we also need them to confuse us about the purpose of government, and to tell us that the alternative government people out there (IS, Russia) are worse.

We don't confused them, we just only explained to them the importance of government. And the benifits that they get if there are government. The advantage of a country that have a government. even if i say it that we need a government, i am not a government supporter or believer because i know what they are doing .

The governments of all countries are not same and when we talk or think about the government the first thing comes to our mind is the corruption. Most of the government employees are involved in scams or corrupted activities so it becomes difficult for a ordinary person to trust them and when it comes to bitcoin I don't think that corrupted government will come in support of bitcoin.

The Government in my country will never accept it as a national currency as the Government themselves are involved in corruption so why they would support such thing which would be full stop to their corrupted activities?? The only thing we need is the adoption from the people and for that Government has no control.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:37:39 PM

But by the meaning of democracy government didn't follow. And if you live in this country you will know what exactly what I mean. So only said that and you only refer to its meaning not into the situation of the Philippines.

Not really the problem is the population, the problem is the people who have a power to control or to rule this country. You won't understand me until you live in this country and if you now the pork barrel scam, They scam the taxes that we pay its almost 10 billion pesos or $224 million. Think of that money, they must lend it to the people or give the people a good services and renovate the bridges, hospitals,schools etc.
Do you really think that government of your country will support bitcoin now or in coming future?? I don't think so..no government will support the adoption and usage of bitcoin in their country if the government is corrupted. It is a threat to the government and the banking system as a whole.
Dotakels

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:05:02 AM

Do you really think that government of your country will support bitcoin now or in coming future?? I don't think so..no government will support the adoption and usage of bitcoin in their country if the government is corrupted. It is a threat to the government and the banking system as a whole.
But we  already adopted it, many filipino are now using it and many in particular country. But its not a threat maybe its a help because many people will use bitcoin and they can exchange it into a fiat money so that governemnt can collect taxes.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:48:37 AM

But we  already adopted it, many filipino are now using it and many in particular country. But its not a threat maybe its a help because many people will use bitcoin and they can exchange it into a fiat money so that governemnt can collect taxes.

trust me there are no goverment (i mean democrate goverment) that will support bitcoin,you know why because they could not handle it,we know that bitcoin is a smart solution which the first its created was so that no intervension from the bank and the goverment, do you ever imagine the tax and the fee's that deducated from our money,allright why in my corrupt country bitcoin still not confirmed by the goverment,whatever i dont care at least there are lot of merchant here that accepted bitcoin and i can transaction with bitcoin with fee low without giving my money from the bank or goverment
maheshmahi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:57:26 AM

The government should not start any taxation.
This wil not benefit the users.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:33:13 AM

in fact they only care about their benefits, they don't give a flying fuck about people, taxes are like legitimate/legal stealing or stealing in disguise
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:40:43 PM

[/quote]

At least if they didnt support it they not banned it from their country. I think it doesnt matter if government corrupted or not. It doesnt affected bitcoin as well because bitcoin investment is nothing to do with it. If they didnt support it at least they give us a chance to fix our economy for our own. I think they corrupted our money that we got from bitcoin too so it is nothing to lose for them
Dotakels

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:22:54 PM

trust me there are no goverment (i mean democrate goverment) that will support bitcoin,you know why because they could not handle it,we know that bitcoin is a smart solution which the first its created was so that no intervension from the bank and the goverment, do you ever imagine the tax and the fee's that deducated from our money,allright why in my corrupt country bitcoin still not confirmed by the goverment,whatever i dont care at least there are lot of merchant here that accepted bitcoin and i can transaction with bitcoin with fee low without giving my money from the bank or goverment
Yeah we all need is to have a company that accept bitcoin so that we can use our coins even if government not already accept bitcoin in my country.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:24:42 AM

We all know the government is actively watching bitcoin emerge as a legitimate currency source. I'm sure they are in talks about it behind closed doors
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:42:01 AM

i am not against taxes. There are common services like the hospitals, fire services, administrations etc which a working community needs and which should be paid by the government. All other services should be paid by people, so tax should be lower.

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 08:28:54 PM

We all know the government is actively watching bitcoin emerge as a legitimate currency source. I'm sure they are in talks about it behind closed doors

Most government , yes. Mostly government from a developing country is treating it as a stock and they do not care about it unless it brings significant effect to the country economy.
As a matter of fact, some government do have their "share" from BTC because each time BTC is being traded to FIAT and / or withdrawn to your local bank, there is a percentage that is given to the goverment though

i am not against taxes. There are common services like the hospitals, fire services, administrations etc which a working community needs and which should be paid by the government. All other services should be paid by people, so tax should be lower.

Actually he is talking about tax-ting BTC transaction though which your answer seem a bit irrelevant

P.S : I may be wrong on this

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
master sato

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:06:15 PM

Bitcoin is not taxable. People can hide lots of wealth in bitcoin and any other crypto for that matter. Governments do not like that idea.
T.R.LBitTradeLLC

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:35:27 AM

http://www.TRLBitTrade.com

We can help when it comes to United States traders and sellers of Bitcoin. If you need your money service business and a BSA/AML policy, we offer guidelines and services so you can become a compliant and legal seller.
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:09:35 AM

likely due to the sudden recent uptrend in interest in bitcoin. that confidence in bitcoin is rising, it would be foolish for the government to stand idly and watch the dollar devalue against the bitcoin.
Dotakels

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:54:05 AM

That what i exactly my point.If we pat taxes ? for what its purpose? and what the benefits that we can have? If they not published its purpose many users will complained and against that rule.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:13:34 AM

Bitcoin is not taxable. People can hide lots of wealth in bitcoin and any other crypto for that matter. Governments do not like that idea.

in the moment that you will use your coin they can track you back if you dump it for fiat first, and then it is regulated like any fiat so it will be taxable

the problem occur only when you pays in bitcoin without going through fiat

but you can still go abroad and use bitcoin where it is free to use or not regulated enough
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: