Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ What's your contribution to Bitcoin? ★  (Read 29740 times)
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:30:29 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 02:05:57 PM by RealBitcoin

Since we are all in this together, we need to promote/develop/help and work on bitcoin to make it better, and to advertise it to non-bitcoin people.
What are you doing to help Bitcoin grow and become mainstream or become better?

Here is my contribution to the bitcoin community:

Created dozens of helpful threads on this forum, helped out many newbies, and have tons of tutorials and researches available for bitcoin users. Also I have many ideas and tips how to boost the community, anybody that reads my threads might get some inspiration:

● This thread, that is inspiring many people who read other peoples contributions and then decide to contribute themselves
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1244332.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1136572.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1420155.0
Bitcoin Earning Tutorial for Newbies: DOWNLOAD HERE!
● Some bug reports to Electrum lightweight wallet https://github.com/RealBTC

So don't just sit there and complain about Bitcoin not being mainstream do something about it, take action, create a successful bitcoin project  and promote bitcoin everywhere!

Now let me hear your contributions to the bitcoin community & ecosystem. What are you doing to help and promote bitcoin to become mainstream?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:57:15 PM

Being the main outlet for spending BTC on the San Diego, CA craigslist.
Not spending BTC where it will be immediately converted to fiat to tank the market price.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:10:26 PM

im trying to get some marketing materials out and made.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:27:56 AM

Being the main outlet for spending BTC on the San Diego, CA craigslist.
Not spending BTC where it will be immediately converted to fiat to tank the market price.

Yes thats a nice contribution. When buying something and those nasty merchants immediately turn it back into fiat, they will just push the price low.

im trying to get some marketing materials out and made.

Will you put on billboards or some other outside advertising or just internet advertising?

RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:24:15 AM

Anybody else wants to share his contribution to bitcoin? Come on guys, stop whining about the decreasing price of bitcoin, and start doing something about it.

Promote it, write articles about it, make people get attention to it or just invest in it!  Wink

bobster

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 03:09:01 PM

Anybody else wants to share his contribution to bitcoin? Come on guys, stop whining about the decreasing price of bitcoin, and start doing something about it.

Promote it, write articles about it, make people get attention to it or just invest in it!  Wink

I agree with your views! We should all start doing something to develop the ecosystem!

As JFK once famously said:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

For me, I help curate news (mostly Bitcoin) on www.altcoinweekly.com
I then went on to create a cryptocurrency ranking website www.coingecko.com

P/S - Cool blog you have there btw. Keep up the good work.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:34:34 PM

I'm try to collecting bitcoin mostly from posting ( I know most people on forum hate for it ) But nothing better ...
And I am a college guy and I'm try to tell my classmate about how bitcoin works and how powerful it is.... some interest and some not at all
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:51:55 PM

This is the attitude that built bitcoin in the early adoption phase. That changed when speculation took over and the question became "What is the bitcoin ecosystem doing to make me rich"?

My efforts include asking if they take bitcoin at every sale.

Talking to small business owners about what they could have saved on that sale using BTC.

Only using bitcoin online. If they wont take bitcoin I tell them "too bad, I would have bought from you". Then I tell them where I will go to buy the same product.

Printing and distributing info-graphics, buttons, etc. All paid in BTC, of course.

For a few friends, I give them some bitcoin with their promise to spend it or donate it somewhere.

Making a point of patronizing restaurants, bars, and other places that take BTC. I do this both locally and when I travel.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:15:34 PM

Promote it, write articles about it, make people get attention to it or just invest in it!  Wink

I agree with your views! We should all start doing something to develop the ecosystem!

As JFK once famously said:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

For me, I help curate news (mostly Bitcoin) on www.altcoinweekly.com
I then went on to create a cryptocurrency ranking website www.coingecko.com

P/S - Cool blog you have there btw. Keep up the good work.

Good job, yes we need more enthusiasm from the community. (Never heard of that gecko website, it looks very nice and i think it will help me with my investments, thanks alot for sharing it! )

I'm try to collecting bitcoin mostly from posting ( I know most people on forum hate for it ) But nothing better ...
And I am a college guy and I'm try to tell my classmate about how bitcoin works and how powerful it is.... some interest and some not at all

Yea good job, why not promote it on facebook? I assume you got a facebook because your username

LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:23:21 PM

I run Bitcoin nodes.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:24:24 PM

This is the attitude that built bitcoin in the early adoption phase. That changed when speculation took over and the question became "What is the bitcoin ecosystem doing to make me rich"?

Talking to small business owners about what they could have saved on that sale using BTC.

Only using bitcoin online. If they wont take bitcoin I tell them "too bad, I would have bought from you". Then I tell them where I will go to buy the same product.

Printing and distributing info-graphics, buttons, etc. All paid in BTC, of course.

For a few friends, I give them some bitcoin with their promise to spend it or donate it somewhere.

Making a point of patronizing restaurants, bars, and other places that take BTC. I do this both locally and when I travel.

Well speculation is also important, traders keep the spreads low and give us a liquid market. I just bought some Imperial Coin and the order still didnt cleared totally, because of low liquidity. Bitcoin must stay a very liquid market with razor sharp spread to make transactions easier and cheaper.

Yes small business owners are definitely a nr. 1 priority to target. I mean even if you got a barber in a local town, if you can make him accept bitcoin, it can suddenly become trendy in the 20 year old community and many people will visit him.

We got a small restaurant in our town who accepts bitcoin, and i talked with the owner and he said that the number of customers doubled since he started accepting bitcoin, so its definitely free advertising and a sign of innovation of that business that all entepreneours should consider (both small and large)

Otherwise you are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work. We all help as much as we can.

I run Bitcoin nodes.

Wow thats also nice, i got the blockchain aswell on my PC, but i dont keep it open only when i do a transaction.

LOBSTER

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:27:11 PM

Well speculation is also important, traders keep the spreads low and give us a liquid market. I just bought some Imperial Coin and the order still didnt cleared totally, because of low liquidity. Bitcoin must stay a very liquid market with razor sharp spread to make transactions easier and cheaper.

Yes small business owners are definitely a nr. 1 priority to target. I mean even if you got a barber in a local town, if you can make him accept bitcoin, it can suddenly become trendy in the 20 year old community and many people will visit him.

We got a small restaurant in our town who accepts bitcoin, and i talked with the owner and he said that the number of customers doubled since he started accepting bitcoin, so its definitely free advertising and a sign of innovation of that business that all entepreneours should consider (both small and large)

Otherwise you are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work. We all help as much as we can.

I run Bitcoin nodes.

Wow thats also nice, i got the blockchain aswell on my PC, but i dont keep it open only when i do a transaction.

I mean it's not necessary that everyone runs a node. I think it's enough if 10-20% of the community volunteer with running services like blogs, link lists, nodes etc.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:28:28 PM

I mean it's not necessary that everyone runs a node. I think it's enough if 10-20% of the community volunteer with running services like blogs, link lists, nodes etc.

The more the better, in case they will resign at some point we must have enough reserves. Plus the more competition , the better the services will be. Its just free market.

LOBSTER

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:29:51 PM

The more the better, in case they will resign at some point we must have enough reserves. Plus the more competition , the better the services will be. Its just free market.

Yes that's right. But I mean that I'm also confident with the 15-20% who really see the possibilities of the Bitcoin and not just the fast money.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 01:10:35 PM

Yes that's right. But I mean that I'm also confident with the 15-20% who really see the possibilities of the Bitcoin and not just the fast money.

Indeed, there are many innovative and creative people in bitcoin (if i can consider myself one if it) who will push bitcoin forward , against all odds Smiley

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 02:00:30 PM

Trying to spread the word on Bitcoin across various news outlets. Not just focusing on the corporate angle, but the story behind the context. Guiding new users into Bitcoin with some basic tips.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:21:32 PM

Trying to spread the word on Bitcoin across various news outlets. Not just focusing on the corporate angle, but the story behind the context. Guiding new users into Bitcoin with some basic tips.

Yes that is a good strategic approach, not just send them to the concept of bitcoin but also guide them. I`m doing the same on my site, but i`m also just putting out raw ads, you know the more times you tell a word to a person, sooner or later he/she will google it and research it, that can also bring more users. It's like a brand name that needs exposure.

Also just exposing the logo of the bitcoin can make people think and be curious about it.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:30:17 PM

Nothing meaningful yet. Hopefully i can contribute something useful in my time here, but i haven't discovered it yet.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 09:38:38 PM

Most of my bigger purchases are Bitcoin purchases.

I wouldn't make decisions based on that. One company could tell you that they're keeping BTC, but actually selling it without your knowledge -- another company might keep them, but doesn't make that public.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 10:04:21 PM

I wouldn't make decisions based on that. One company could tell you that they're keeping BTC, but actually selling it without your knowledge -- another company might keep them, but doesn't make that public.

SEC EDGAR filings would be one way to get them on the record under penalty of perjury. Anyways, I hold.

BitPay, Coinbase, et al, are welcome to let their business customers toggle a "{this percentage} of your BTC will not be converted to fiat" display for their shopping cart/checkout pages.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  All
  Print  

Jump to: