Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:42:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Nook Color + mSD (stock, CM7, and CM9) - 7BTC  (Read 1033 times)
crazyates (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:54:12 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 04:06:56 PM by crazyates

I have a Nook Color that I'm looking to see what offers I can get for it. It still has the original Nook Software installed (aka it's not rooted), but I have a 2GB mSD with both CM7 and CM9 installed, making this a pretty decent (and flexible) Android tablet. You turn in on WITH the mSD, you get your option of booting either Android 2.3 or 4.0, and if you turn in on WITHOUT the mSD, it's the factory stock Nook software.

The CPU goes to 1.2GHz with no issues or heat problems. CM7 runs a little leaner, but CM9 is a little nicer for being used as a tablet.

I really only used this for Netflix (and a little bit of Angry Birds), but I just got my comp hooked up to my TV, so I don't need this anymore. Battery lasts for hours of videos over wifi, no scratches on screen or case, but does not come with a charger (the cable broke). Any standard mUSB cable for an Android phone will work.

Sold.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyates (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 01:34:23 PM

I can take pictures later tonight if anyone would like.

crazyates (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:56:06 PM

Bump. Price now in title.

Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:45:19 PM

How much to send to europe?
Can you please post pictures?

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
crazyates (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 04:49:58 PM

How much to send to europe?
Can you please post pictures?

I could send to EU for a little bit extra. Here are some pics to describe what I'm talking about. They were taken late at night with poor light and a bad camera, but I did the best I could ;P

This is the stock, untouch, up-to-date Nook Software. For reading it's great, but I found the Netflix app to be a little sluggish.

This is the boot menu when you boot off the mSD card. It lets you easily get to all 3 Android OS's. It also remembers your last selection and defaults to that if you don't want to mess with it.

CM7 Stable (Android 2.3). This is a very stable, snappy ROM, and I havn't found anything wrong with it. Runs very lean and fast. Both Netflix and web browsing are noticeably faster than stock.

CM9 Beta (Android 4.0). This ROM is much nicer looking, and is a breeze to multitask, but doesn't run as lean as the CM7. If you're going to be using this for web browsing or email, this is the one you want. Unfortunately, the only thing that doesn't work right is Netflix, so I find myself switching back and forth.

Just a demo of watching an episode of Castle. Screen actually looks really good when watching videos, these pics don't do it justice.

Any other questions, let me know!

moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 05:38:47 PM

+1, arrived today. boots like a pro.
Pages: [1]
  Print