Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:12:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: pbmining.com finally went dark  (Read 1522 times)
btcgnome (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:30:47 AM

Site is down now.  Say goodbye to your investments!
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:16:48 AM

Well, you d been receiving only dust for the last couple of months anyway and there was no real possibility of them getting back to life. So it s not much of a difference.

Sorry for you loss.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:56:29 AM

Well, you d been receiving only dust for the last couple of months anyway and there was no real possibility of them getting back to life. So it s not much of a difference.

Sorry for you loss.

Exactly. Back when payments dropped to dust, you should've considered all your investment to have evaporated. I assume we'll still get paid dust to continue their "contract fulfillment", but we aren't getting anything back.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:14:58 PM

Sad news for the ponzi lovers out there Sad
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:24:46 PM

Site is down now.  Say goodbye to your investments!

I'm sure most people already withdrew their money after they got paid practically next to nothing. but my condolences to the scammed ones, anyway.
byt411

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:29:52 PM

Site is down now.  Say goodbye to your investments!

I'm sure most people already withdrew their money after they got paid practically next to nothing. but my condolences to the scammed ones, anyway.

You can't and you couldn't withdraw your money from PBMining. What are you even talking about?
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:35:34 PM

Not a shocking news I would say! Everyone well knew that this "to good to be true" site was a Ponzi and this day will come in the near future! I sincerely hope people only invested "what they could afford to loose"! RIP PBmining Smiley

Danglez2907

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 10:22:01 AM

Strange, website down but still got my dust..
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 10:55:58 AM

Are you sure the dust is from them? lol Tongue

Life sucks.
MichaelNZ

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:19:31 PM

Are you sure the dust is from them? lol Tongue
I also got some dust blow in and I confirmed it's from PBM ... I guess that's the last we'll ever hear from them unless the police or lawyers can make something happen. Doubtful ... you can't get blood out of a stone.

ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:28:32 PM

I got my dust as well which doesn't help at all. Glad the site is gone and I hope if he appears again doing something similar he gets what's coming to him
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 05:59:27 PM

I got my dust as well which doesn't help at all. Glad the site is gone and I hope if he appears again doing something similar he gets what's coming to him
I'm sure he'll be back trying to scam people one way or another. Jason Boyko seems to be a serial scammer. First he tried with the phishing site 'blockkchain.info' (or something similar to that domain) and then he tried with PBMining. At least the whole community now knows his identity, which is a good thing.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:19:59 PM

That site was already began to give signals that things were not moving right way. Another ponzi which brought profit to very few but loss to countless people. This is obvious the admin will return with some fresh site and script to scam remaining ponzi lovers.
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:17:09 PM

The site was giving me the right payout for about 2 months, which also actually got back all the money I have invested. Bur after that, the payouts were lowered about 100x... I tried contact the support, they never responded. Everybody on the forum went crazy and doxed the owner of pbmining, which actually was successful - pbmining wanted to somehow give everybody a good solution. But it never happend. The site went down yesterday.
What a scammer, but I was lucky I wasnt actually scammed though, I actually made some money out of this. But all the other people might have lost all their btc due to this site.
Anyway, GO FCK YOURSELF PBMINING!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:52:03 AM

lucky for me that i sold my account before this problem happen
after find out that they actually do ponzi scheme
The site was giving me the right payout for about 2 months, which also actually got back all the money I have invested. Bur after that, the payouts were lowered about 100x... I tried contact the support, they never responded. Everybody on the forum went crazy and doxed the owner of pbmining, which actually was successful - pbmining wanted to somehow give everybody a good solution. But it never happend. The site went down yesterday.
What a scammer, but I was lucky I wasnt actually scammed though, I actually made some money out of this. But all the other people might have lost all their btc due to this site.
Anyway, GO FCK YOURSELF PBMINING!
so sorry for you
only get paid by two months. hope you recover this lost
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:03:16 AM

Cloudmining is going into history books as a synonym for ponzi and scam. Are there still any active cloudmining sites?
MichaelNZ

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:21:44 AM

Cloudmining is going into history books as a synonym for ponzi and scam. Are there still any active cloudmining sites?
I still have some hashpower with Genesis-Mining although it doesn't return much in reality, they seem to be able to continue and are still selling contracts.

Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:09:45 AM

Shame to see PBMining finally die, although I guess this outcome was to be expected after they collapsed several months ago. If I remember correctly, they also had advertisements here on the forums as well. Many people spoke about them positively and their projected returns were much better than the competition (in retrospect, I guess this was a sign of it being a ponzi). I considered buying a contract from them but ultimately decided against it.

Most cloud mining companies have failed and were revealed to be ponzis in disguise but there are some that are still alive. Very few (if any) return any sort of profit however. Check out this thread for a regularly updated list of them.

Some of the more notable ones which are still chugging along include the likes of Genesis Mining, Hashnest, Cryptsy's tradeable mining contracts, and CEX.IO (the option to continue cloud mining was switched off by default due to the falling BTC price but it's possible to switch it back on by changing your account settings).

I still have some hashpower with Genesis-Mining although it doesn't return much in reality, they seem to be able to continue and are still selling contracts.

Genesis Mining is usually considered to be one of the more legitimate cloud mining companies out there. That doesn't mean it definitely won't collapse though. AMHash enjoyed a similar reputation until earlier this year.
Danglez2907

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 07:15:19 AM

Website is back online again...

No payout last week though...

Guess it doesn't really matter anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
MichaelNZ

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:22:19 AM

Website is back online again...

No payout last week though...

Guess it doesn't really matter anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
Well fancy that ! Who would have thought it ? ... I was sure that was the end of it.

Danglez2907

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 07:28:08 AM

And I got a dust payment today.....
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:33:32 AM

It seems online now. But this is just dead cat bounce. I wouldnt be so hopeful.

If all people here doesnt support/invest to these schemes , then those dont exist at all. But greed is the motivation . Even people know the fact that its ponzy, people think they can still profit when they are first buyers. When doing that people just cause to other people come in. After enough profit for ponzy owners, boom...
ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:47:03 PM

I also got dust payment equal to 1 penny if lucky. Site is still live but should be taken down
byt411

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:33:11 PM

I also got dust payment equal to 1 penny if lucky. Site is still live but should be taken down

It won't be taken down. There was a leaked email where the owner said that he would continue to dust, because it supposedly means that they haven't void the contract, since you are still being paid.
Oh well. Still meaningless to me.
MichaelNZ

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:22:19 PM

It won't be taken down. There was a leaked email where the owner said that he would continue to dust, because it supposedly means that they haven't void the contract, since you are still being paid.
Oh well. Still meaningless to me.
Really ??
Where is this email, I'd very much like to see that.

nor9865

Activity: 700

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:45:19 PM

Still though. It can't be smart to invest in cloud right now with the price of btc at what it is. I'm not sure how they could afford to do mining and make it profitable.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

Still though. It can't be smart to invest in cloud right now with the price of btc at what it is. I'm not sure how they could afford to do mining and make it profitable.
Well most of these sites aren't actually mining, they're just ponzis disguised as cloud mining contracts. Take a look at this thread. As you can see, there are many suspected cloud mining ponzis, and even more that have already collapsed, such as PBMining.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:32:33 AM

I thought its been over since way back when lol.

I`m suprised they even had the site up for this long though, cause whats point after people found out it was a ponzi.

Only an idiot would continue and invest expecting something after reading thread about others getting screwed.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: