Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:06:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi: "You should never delete a wallet"  (Read 3663 times)
Shindo1988

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Samurai

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:24:41 PM

I agree with Satoshi.
You should never delete a wallet.
Send it to me instead  Shocked

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:37:39 PM

The person who originally sent the broken transactions deleted his wallet
Sigh... why delete a wallet instead of moving it aside and keeping the old copy just in case?  You should never delete a wallet.

For sure he has a backup. Somewhere...

Probably, but if he died without telling anyone about it, then they may have been deleted or destroyed by whomever gained control of his things.

I don't believe Satoshi has the keys to his wallet(s), nor has he ever actually kept them in any way. He was all about decentralization, and if he held that many coins, he knew people would have to live in constant "fear" of him being able to release a ton of coins. We waned out his influence on the network gradually in order to give it to the public domain.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:25:30 PM

Some times it comes handy to save your old wallets. In 2014 I got sent $400 in btc and that person used my oldest wallet as destination by mistake.

If I didn't had a backup of my first wallet then these coins would sit there for ever without moving. Indeed never delete wallets.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:32:20 PM

Sigh... why delete a wallet instead of moving it aside and keeping the old copy just in case?  You should never delete a wallet.

Probably, but if he died without telling anyone about it, then they may have been deleted or destroyed by whomever gained control of his things.

I don't believe Satoshi has the keys to his wallet(s), nor has he ever actually kept them in any way. He was all about decentralization, and if he held that many coins, he knew people would have to live in constant "fear" of him being able to release a ton of coins. We waned out his influence on the network gradually in order to give it to the public domain.

Im pretty sure he still owns the coins. No one would know he owns those coins, because no one knows who he is in real life, therefore there's nothing to worry about that, he could go on being a multimillionaire anonymously.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:48:19 PM

Im pretty sure he still owns the coins. No one would know he owns those coins, because no one knows who he is in real life, therefore there's nothing to worry about that, he could go on being a multimillionaire anonymously.

Nah, the pumpkin is right... As soon as a single satoshi (no pun intended) of those coins move, we knew that Satoshi was still in control over all those coins. That someone could, in the blink of an eye, move thousands upon thousands of coins. That would move the market.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:25:29 AM

I'm curious why there are so many Satoshi worship threads. If there were a sub-forum devoted to Satoshi, how much activity would it see?
Psss, if it weren't for Satoshi we wouldn't be here today. Tongue
On the topic though, you should really never delete a wallet.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Eastfist

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:35:25 AM

Here is a list of people who know exactly who Satoshi is or have met him or acquintance:

-Jon Matonis
-Andreas Antonopoulis
-Jeff Garzik
-Peter Todd
-Edward Snowden
-Gavin Andresen
-Hal Finney
-Ross Ulbricht
-Mark Karpeles
-Mark Zuckerberg
-Winklevoss Twins
-Barry Silbert
-Charles Lee

should I keep going?
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:38:18 AM

Is any of that info confirmed?

Doubtful

jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:42:35 AM

Nice find OP. Yes the post speaks for itself, as long as he is alive then his wallets are backed up and safer than any of ours are. Now what happens when he moves some to sell. Shocker! Bitcointalk and the markets will be going mental lol

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:21:34 AM

Here is a list of people who know exactly who Satoshi is or have met him or acquintance:

-Jon Matonis
-Andreas Antonopoulis
-Jeff Garzik
-Peter Todd
-Edward Snowden
-Gavin Andresen
-Hal Finney
-Ross Ulbricht
-Mark Karpeles
-Mark Zuckerberg
-Winklevoss Twins
-Barry Silbert
-Charles Lee

should I keep going?

That's a very big and interesting list of names.
May I ask what makes you think that these people even have a clue as to who Satoshi is?

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Kaneki

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:35:11 AM

Huh maybe this time he began to prepare most of the coin coins he had for a jump in market  Grin
GambitBTC

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:03:15 PM

He said Mark Zuckerberg though  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:12:34 PM

-Jon Matonis
-Andreas Antonopoulis
-Jeff Garzik
-Peter Todd
-Edward Snowden
-Gavin Andresen
-Hal Finney
-Ross Ulbricht
-Mark Karpeles
-Mark Zuckerberg
-Winklevoss Twins
-Barry Silbert
-Charles Lee

should I keep going?

May I ask what makes you think that these people even have a clue as to who Satoshi is?

What proof do those people have to have meet Satoshi in person? I don't believe it for a second, specially people like Winklevoss Twins, mark Karpeles... why would those meet Satoshi for?
Eastfist

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 11:24:27 PM

-Jon Matonis
-Andreas Antonopoulis
-Jeff Garzik
-Peter Todd
-Edward Snowden
-Gavin Andresen
-Hal Finney
-Ross Ulbricht
-Mark Karpeles
-Mark Zuckerberg
-Winklevoss Twins
-Barry Silbert
-Charles Lee

should I keep going?

What proof do those people have to have meet Satoshi in person? I don't believe it for a second, specially people like Winklevoss Twins, mark Karpeles... why would those meet Satoshi for?

They were all my classmates from the inception of Bitcoin at Harding. They'll all deny it though. Bunch of back-stabbers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: