Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:17:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk and the US Government  (Read 1016 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:33:24 PM

600 usernames? Am I on that list? While I had absolutely no contact with BFL I was involved with discussions about them, 600 usernames is a lot of people, makes me wonder if they didn't just blanket sopena the entire forum and target all the well known Bitcoiners here.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:59:54 PM

600 usernames? Am I on that list? While I had absolutely no contact with BFL I was involved with discussions about them, 600 usernames is a lot of people, makes me wonder if they didn't just blanket sopena the entire forum and target all the well known Bitcoiners here.

Theymos would have contacted you if so.

I recently received a subpoena related to a case against BFL (Case No. 14-CV-2159-KHV-JPO). I had to release all database info on a few employees/ex-employees of BFL (including their PMs), plus a complete copy of every thread in which anyone mentioned BFL or in which a BFL employee participated. (It was a huge hassle to put all of this info together.) The subpoena originally demanded all PMs that even mentioned BFL, which is ridiculous, but I managed to get this part eliminated.

If a PM of yours was released due to this, then I already sent you a PM about it.

I don't think that I'm going to send PMs about deleted posts that were released. 3196 users had deleted posts released, and I don't really want to send that many PMs when almost no one would care. I feel like people should have basically no expectation of privacy for something that they posted publicly anyway.

I also released all "report to moderator" reports involving or mentioning BFL. I don't think that these are very sensitive, so I'm not going to send out PMs about these.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:01:15 PM

Ah okay, that's good of him.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:43:44 AM

Theymos would have contacted you if so.

I recently received a subpoena related to a case against BFL (Case No. 14-CV-2159-KHV-JPO). I had to release all database info on a few employees/ex-employees of BFL (including their PMs), plus a complete copy of every thread in which anyone mentioned BFL or in which a BFL employee participated. (It was a huge hassle to put all of this info together.) The subpoena originally demanded all PMs that even mentioned BFL, which is ridiculous, but I managed to get this part eliminated.

If a PM of yours was released due to this, then I already sent you a PM about it.

I don't think that I'm going to send PMs about deleted posts that were released. 3196 users had deleted posts released, and I don't really want to send that many PMs when almost no one would care. I feel like people should have basically no expectation of privacy for something that they posted publicly anyway.

I also released all "report to moderator" reports involving or mentioning BFL. I don't think that these are very sensitive, so I'm not going to send out PMs about these.

Thanks for posting I had not seen this.  It's nice he sent PM's to the people, I think that is fair.   

The deleted posts seem odd to pass on.  If truly deleted there would be nothing to pass on.   This makes me think deletion is not quite as permanent as people thought.

Either way in the end I think I think it's good that it's going to help the people who lost money to BFL.  So I think it was a good thing complying.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: