Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:30:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So like...I don't get Mining Securities...can someone explain them to me?  (Read 2207 times)
puffn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 02:59:19 PM

I believe that the mining economy is an example of perfect competition and as such, it is not possible to make an economic profit in the long run.

It is not possible to make ECONOMIC profits in perfect competition. This is significantly different that accounting profits.

D&T I believe you may be wrong. Mining is a potentially perfectly competitive marketplace. Electricity is just an input, those with lower input prices will squeeze out those with higher input prices. Solid plans will make some of the higher input guys harder to kill off than some of the lower input guys, but branding and other items will never effect the distribution.

I do not think it is perfectly competitive right now because of the high risk, and limited market for bitcoins.

Looking for safe diversification? YABIF: Good Returns, Low Fees, Low Risk.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

I hold significant interest in
Bitcoin Mining Investments
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: