Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM WARNING!! FROM User BitcoinDoubleSpender  (Read 2171 times)
Clearfly (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:34:36 AM

Beware if you recieve the following private message, It's a blatant SCAM:

You have just been sent a personal message by BitcoinDoubleSpender on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

For those of you that are aware of the digital currency Bitcoin: There has been a discovery of a exploit that utilizes the worlds first Quantum computer. This exploit is not illegal as no Governent controls the bitcoin network, nor backs it. The Bitcoin network runs a series of algorythms at extremely fast speeds, in comparison to classical computers, which the network runs on. This happens for BOTH receiver and sender to certain bitcoin rcv address programmed into the algorythm.

In other words while the payment is in idle circulation it can be spent twice, (this is the time it takes for the Bitcoin network to catch up, quantum computing can run at full speed for only so long.)

Do NOT try to spend more then twice with same addresses, I will not process orders and I will send the Bitcoins back because Bitcoin Network will catch on.

This is working as of January 04 2013 its no telling when this exploit may be fixed.
I take 50% of profits off double payments, so really your receiving 150% of your payment. for example 10 bitcoins = you get 15 back.
I paid over 117,000$ for the D-Wave F600 don't complain about my fee's. I am looking for many users in a short period to make most profit before exploit is found. If you like the service please tell as many people as you can.

HOW TO USE:
You need to make two addresses. You can go to the website http://blockchain.info/ and make multiple addresses. After you have made two addresses send email with the address to BitcoinDoubleSpender@yahoo.com and send the bitcoins to --> 1YauBXqmy8fSnuMV444Py9g1zN5oFk6w7<--
The algorithm will only work with WHOLE numbers at this point . So the minimum amount you can double is: 1 bitcoin (not .1 or .01) You can send 1 or 10 or 32 but NOT 1.23 or 10.50!! So ONLY whole amounts -- no cents.
You can use as many times as you wish for any whole amount. I have experienced one issue with a client using a wallet version 0.51, so make sure your wallet is updated. This will not be a problem if Blockchain.info is used.
Payment will on average be doubled within 5-20 minutes, and will never take longer then 1 hour after order. Understand that each order has to be processed manually do NOT complain if it takes longer then 20 minutes. Each time you double spend you must use two new addresses, a new sender and receiver address. This is so Bitcoin network does not catch on. Also, I predict once this exploit is found and used by others with access to quantum computing the price will plumit to an all time low. Bitcoin as a monetary system is doomed to fail. SELL YOUR BITCOINS AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

CONTACT ME:
Only contact me with relevant questions to

BitcoinDoubleSpender@yahoo.com

and if you want you can give me a call at

(266) 567-2931.

Cheers, spread the word!

My setup
http://imgur.com/kZYKJ,7uLwq

http://imgur.com/kZYKJ,7uLwq#1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clearfly (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:49:58 AM

I replied to him asking him to send me 10 bitcoins so i can test his theory  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
furrycoat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:52:12 AM

Why is this is general discussion?
furrycoat

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:57:29 AM

Someone is trying to scam forum users via private messaging and the OP has kindly started a thread to point out that it is an obvious scam (which might be a necessary service considering the history around here).

What's the problem? In which sub-forum do you feel this thread belongs?

This belongs in scam accusations, if anywhere at all. The user was banned no reason to keep posting his scam.
Clearfly (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:58:11 AM

Because i don't see a 'Scam Alerts' board, hence it's in the 'General Discussion' board, which is also at the top of the forum, so likely to warn more people where as the 'Other' board is right down the bottom and less likely to be noticed.
Do you have a better suggestion or are you just bumping your post count?  Huh
furrycoat

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:02:22 AM

Notice how the scammer is banned, meaning admins already know of the scammer and he is dealt with. Deeming this thread useless
Clearfly (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:05:55 AM

Notice how the scammer is banned, meaning admins already know of the scammer and he is dealt with. Deeming this thread useless

Because i just emailed the admin. You seriously need to get a life  Huh

You may know it's a scam, i may know it's a scam, others may not, so bear that in mind before jumping on your high horse.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:22:16 AM

He got banned as spam by me. I didn't know he could still send PM's though...

Note that such scams will surface on the coming days. I suspect it's someone bitter at this forum behind this...
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 03:53:21 AM

Note that such scams will surface on the coming days. I suspect it's someone bitter at this forum behind this...

This is essentially the same scam which is being promoted on Craigslist, so a heap of people are going to try pulling it in different places including here.  Funny that he picked a username which should scream "scam", though.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:05:33 PM

This is essentially the same scam which is being promoted on Craigslist, so a heap of people are going to try pulling it in different places including here.  Funny that he picked a username which should scream "scam", though.
Yeah, at first when I opened this thread (before I read it), I was wondering why he would send any money to "BitcoinDoubleSpender".

21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:08:11 PM

I just got the exact same message from Robert Fienstien. I had seen him in the newbie forum within the past couple hours posting basic "hello" messages.

For those of you that are aware of the digital currency Bitcoin: There has been a discovery of a exploit that utilizes the worlds first Quantum computer. This exploit is not illegal as no Governent controls the bitcoin network, nor backs it. The Bitcoin network runs a series of algorythms at extremely fast speeds, in comparison to classical computers, which the network runs on. This happens for BOTH receiver and sender to certain bitcoin rcv address programmed into the algorythm.

In other words while the payment is in idle circulation it can be spent twice, (this is the time it takes for the Bitcoin network to catch up, quantum computing can run at full speed for only so long.)

Do NOT try to spend more then twice with same addresses, I will not process orders and I will send the Bitcoins back because Bitcoin Network will catch on.

This is working as of January 04 2013 its no telling when this exploit may be fixed.
I take 50% of profits off double payments, so really your receiving 150% of your payment. for example 10 bitcoins = you get 15 back.
I paid over 117,000$ for the D-Wave F600 don't complain about my fee's. I am looking for many users in a short period to make most profit before exploit is found. If you like the service please tell as many people as you can.

HOW TO USE:
You need to make two addresses. You can go to the website http://blockchain.info/ and make multiple addresses. After you have made two addresses send email with the address to BitcoinDoubleSpender@yahoo.com and send the bitcoins to --> 1KU3LK7eTYJkc2Er5t91krGUGKmgK1QXud<--
The algorithm will only work with WHOLE numbers at this point . So the minimum amount you can double is: 1 bitcoin (not .1 or .01) You can send 1 or 10 or 32 but NOT 1.23 or 10.50!! So ONLY whole amounts -- no cents.
You can use as many times as you wish for any whole amount. I have experienced one issue with a client using a wallet version 0.51, so make sure your wallet is updated. This will not be a problem if Blockchain.info is used.
Payment will on average be doubled within 5-20 minutes, and will never take longer then 1 hour after order. Understand that each order has to be processed manually do NOT complain if it takes longer then 20 minutes. Each time you double spend you must use two new addresses, a new sender and receiver address. This is so Bitcoin network does not catch on. Also, I predict once this exploit is found and used by others with access to quantum computing the price will plumit to an all time low. Bitcoin as a monetary system is doomed to fail. SELL YOUR BITCOINS AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

CONTACT ME:

(266) 567-2931.

Cheers, spread the word!
This is D-Wave quantum computing website http://www.dwavesys.com/en/dw_homepage.html
Heres pictures of my setup
http://imgur.com/eL9Fw,6snDd
http://imgur.com/eL9Fw,6snDd#1
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:32:56 PM

Looks like he changed the Bitcoin address from 1YauBXqmy8fSnuMV444Py9g1zN5oFk6w7 to 1KU3LK7eTYJkc2Er5t91krGUGKmgK1QXud.

He probably wants to setup someone else(  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131107.msg1415478#msg1415478 ) since he only received 1 satoshi at his original address.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:20:45 AM

He's banned by me as spam, and I'll ask theymos to give him the tag. *part of me thinks he's torac*  Roll Eyes
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:22:42 AM

He's banned by me as spam, and I'll ask theymos to give him the tag. *part of me thinks he's torac*  Roll Eyes

If you read his message backwards, I'm fairly certain you'll find the phrase "YOU WILL ALL BE MY SLAVES AND LICK MY ASS FOR A MILLION DOLLARS."
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:23:22 AM

Throttle private messages to like 1 per hour when you firstget out of newbie status?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:28:32 AM

Throttle private messages to like 1 per hour when you firstget out of newbie status?

They are throttled already.
Actual values are on a post by theymos somewhere on Meta.
btcANGEL

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 06:29:18 AM

If you read his message backwards, I'm fairly certain you'll find the phrase "YOU WILL ALL BE MY SLAVES AND LICK MY ASS FOR A MILLION DOLLARS."

You have just been sent a personal message by BitcoinDoubleSpender on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

HOW TO USE:
You need to make two addresses. You can go to the website http://blockchain.info/ and make multiple addresses. After you have made two addresses send email with the address to BitcoinDoubleSpender@yahoo.com and send the bitcoins to --> 1YauBXqmy8fSnuMV444Py9g1zN5oFk6w7<--

CONTACT ME:

(266) 567-2931.

Cheers, spread the word!

My setup
http://imgur.com/kZYKJ,7uLwq

http://imgur.com/kZYKJ,7uLwq#1

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: