Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 10,000BTC to pay out.  (Read 5992 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 09:17:42 PM

@Matthew good hunting, I guess  Roll Eyes

Why don't you simply post some address with zero BTC on it and send 10K to it?

There are two possibilities...

1 - He made a $100,000 bet and is unwilling to prove his ability to pay because he thinks it's funny.

2 - He doesn't have it and he keeps making more bets because he thinks it's funny.

Which seems more likely to you?

I have no freaking idea. I enjoy the drama surrounding it though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:17:55 PM

This whole thing is rapidly spiraling out of control and is descending into sheer silliness.  

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:18:51 PM

1 - He made a $100,000 bet and is unwilling to prove his ability to pay because he thinks it's funny.

2 - He doesn't have it and he keeps making more bets because he thinks it's funny.

3. You're all loud mouthed conspiracy theorists who refuse to learn your lesson on the first bet, so it will take additional bets to sufficiently make you start thinking before you talk.

Last time I checked the first bet has not even been settled yet......how was one to learn a lesson from something that is still undetermined? 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:20:04 PM

3. You're all loud mouthed conspiracy theorists who refuse to learn your lesson on the first bet, so it will take additional bets to sufficiently make you start thinking before you talk.

Last time I checked the first bet has not even been settled yet......how was one to learn a lesson from something that is still undetermined?  

Less talk, more action. Who here thinks I can't prove I have the funds? Free money!

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:21:45 PM

Less talk, more action. Who here thinks I can't prove I have the funds? Free money!

I really don't give a shit if you have the money or not, you just run your mouth endlessly. 

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:22:17 PM

I really don't give a shit if you have the money or not, you just run your mouth endlessly. 

This thread is for people who believe I don't have the money. Please ignore it otherwise.

michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:28:20 PM

I don't care a whole lot... but I do care a little bit about this pirate thing because I think it affects the $ I can sell my BTC for.  So this pirate mess begins and out comes this wacky 10k BTC bet.

Ordinarily, when you make a bet with someone... both parties show their money.  That isn't how this 10k BTC bet works though.

Little new users make their bets.  10 BTC here, 20 BTC there.  And before you know it, 1000 people have little bets that they will pay out if they lose.  Further, if asked, most of them would show their ability to pay by signing an address.

But not Matthew.  He flatly refuses.  So there are various ways this will play out.

Matthew wins the bet and the little guys pay him.

Matthew loses the bet and he pays.  Great...  That still wouldn't answer why he is unable to show NOW that he has 10,000 BTC.

Matthew loses the bet and doesn't pay.  This means he was either unwilling or unable to pay.  The unwilling part is always an unknown unless you're dealing with an escrow.  The winning party is often at risk of the losing party refusing to pay, but this is one of the few times the potential winners are at risk of the losing party being UNABLE to pay.  Whether he is unwilling or unable doesn't change the press after he defaults.

"Large Crypto-currency better defaults... Once again proof you can't trust Bitcoin or the people associated with it..."

It hurts the community a little and it's totally unnecessary.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:31:00 PM

I don't care a whole lot... but I do care a little bit about this pirate thing because I think it affects the $ I can sell my BTC for.  So this pirate mess begins and out comes this wacky 10k BTC bet.

Ordinarily, when you make a bet with someone... both parties show their money.  That isn't how this 10k BTC bet works though.

Little new users make their bets.  10 BTC here, 20 BTC there.  And before you know it, 1000 people have little bets that they will pay out if they lose.  Further, if asked, most of them would show their ability to pay by signing an address.

But not Matthew.  He flatly refuses.  So there are various ways this will play out.

Matthew wins the bet and the little guys pay him.

Matthew loses the bet and he pays.  Great...  That still wouldn't answer why he is unable to show NOW that he has 10,000 BTC.

Matthew loses the bet and doesn't pay.  This means he was either unwilling or unable to pay.  The unwilling part is always an unknown unless you're dealing with an escrow.  The winning party is often at risk of the losing party refusing to pay, but this is one of the few times the potential winners are at risk of the losing party being UNABLE to pay.  Whether he is unwilling or unable doesn't change the press after he defaults.

"Large Crypto-currency better defaults... Once again proof you can't trust Bitcoin or the people associated with it..."

It hurts the community a little and it's totally unnecessary.

Your fears are justified. I am not intending to troll -you- then, just the people adamant that I don't have the funds to back it up. Your concerns are respected and I apologize for confusing you with people who just talk shit about me (it's becoming noisy around here). I can prove I have the funds, as I've said numerous times, it takes effort to move the funds where I want them just to prove, and it's not instant, so aside from yourself, if any other individual who is obviously trolling, wants to make a statement such as "I KNOW FOR SURE HE DOESN"T HAVE THEM. HE'S A SCAMMER", that's what this thread is for-- imposing a stupid tax on them.

Furthermore, none of the betters have bothered to ask me to prove it when betting, it is only -non-betters who seem worried. Why would I jump because people say to who aren't even the invested parties? This is where your lack of imagination is clear. You assume too much.

michaelmclees

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:34:51 PM

"I can prove I have the funds, as I've said numerous times, it takes effort to move the funds where I want them just to prove"

How much time?

"it is only -non-betters who seem worried"

Protip - That's part of the reason they're not betting.
legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:35:13 PM

Because that would be giving trolls what they want -for free-. I don't work for free.

EDIT: I misread what your point was. I actually -will- be doing exactly that, but only after there is enough money to be made from loudmouthed suckers who are so sure I don't have it.

That doesn't really prove it's your address. You can in theory just pick an address with 10k in it.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:35:25 PM

Uhh. Betting is closed silly. The full amount has already been bet.

michaelmclees

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:37:41 PM

OK then.  That's part of the reason they didn't bet when they could.

Also, did you forget about my other question?

You said you could prove you have the funds.  You're silence regarding whether or not you will is telling....
michaelmclees

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Because that would be giving trolls what they want -for free-. I don't work for free.

EDIT: I misread what your point was. I actually -will- be doing exactly that, but only after there is enough money to be made from loudmouthed suckers who are so sure I don't have it.

That doesn't really prove it's your address. You can in theory just pick an address with 10k in it.

He'd have to pick an address with 0 and then just hope it later accumulates 10k if it isn't his.  It isn't the best way to prove it, but it works.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:39:14 PM

OK then.  That's part of the reason they didn't bet when they could.

Also, did you forget about my other question?

You said you could prove you have the funds.  You're silence regarding whether or not you will is telling....
When it's time, it will be obvious. Not before, and not because people bother me about it. I like to make an impression (if you didn't notice). It's both entertaining and helps people open their mind to more possibilities. Just telling them something right off the bat doesn't work anymore. You have to make them spend their time and energy crusading against it before you prove it's not harmful.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:41:44 PM

That's why the post you quoted says to create an address with 0 zero in, then transfer 10K into it Wink

michaelmclees

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:42:49 PM

When it's time, it will be obvious. Not before, and not because people bother me about it.

I'm just waiting for you to say you'll delay payouts to those who bet and bother you.  "I'll make sure you're at the end of the line..." you'll say.  It will be a show indeed.  A familiar one...  But still a good show.
boozer

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:50:37 PM

"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 1,000BTC to pay out."
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 100BTC to pay out."
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 10BTC to pay out."
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 1BTC to pay out."

Can you prove you even have 1BTC to pay out?  Maybe time to make a 100% ROI bet thread for 0.1BTC   Tongue
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:50:51 PM

Skepticism is healthy in an anonymous irreversible currency. No idea what you're trying to prove here. I'm really so confused. So much irrational action. My best theory is you're young and dumb. I was there once myself Smiley
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:54:21 PM

Can you prove you even have 1BTC to pay out?  Maybe time to make a 100% ROI bet thread for 0.1BTC   Tongue
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 0 BTC to pay out."

Code:
−100 BTC
1dice1e6pdhLzzWQq7yMidf6j8eAg7pkY
The negative sign is important.
boozer

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 10:03:01 PM

"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 0 BTC to pay out."

Code:
−100 BTC
1dice1e6pdhLzzWQq7yMidf6j8eAg7pkY
The negative sign is important.

lol... nice Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: