Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:25:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government intervention in Bitcoin inevitable?  (Read 1884 times)
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 03:05:43 PM

There are couple questions I keep asking myself about future of bitcoin. I thought about it and I am sure that government intervention in the bitcoin industry is simply inevitable.

And we can't do anything about it really. Governments are greedy, they want a share of everything and therefore thy will be trying to snatch some of it from us.

There is a really high chance that we see in the future a lot more government action against bitcoin, including some changes of the core protocol.

Another case is that I think bitcoin is "too good" now for people. So Bitcoin will be changed to bring it in line with other payment systems.

We probably will se some dreadful changes like adding possibility to blacklist funds and and change that will allow to store identity information of users with bitcoin transaction.

Your thoughts?

Just lol.  Guess again. 

There are no "governments" as you seem to envision them.  There are people that claim to have authority over you who claim to represent governments.  They will intervene in the affairs of other people, and kill us from time to time, but these people can't change the laws of nature or mathematics. 

BTW you can already build blacklists and identity lists if you like.  Nobody is stopping you. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:06:13 PM

no.

why? gov can't fight AI on their own turf (or anywhere for the matter).

money is faster...
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:22:14 PM

There are couple questions I keep asking myself about future of bitcoin. I thought about it and I am sure that government intervention in the bitcoin industry is simply inevitable.

And we can't do anything about it really. Governments are greedy, they want a share of everything and therefore thy will be trying to snatch some of it from us.

There is a really high chance that we see in the future a lot more government action against bitcoin, including some changes of the core protocol.

Another case is that I think bitcoin is "too good" now for people. So Bitcoin will be changed to bring it in line with other payment systems.

We probably will se some dreadful changes like adding possibility to blacklist funds and and change that will allow to store identity information of users with bitcoin transaction.

Your thoughts?

Yeah true, governments will certainly intervene and try to stop the growth of Bitcoins, they just don't see it has a big threat to go against it head on, though certain small maneuvers are done by them, nothing big has yet come, but when Bitcoin grows very big, they will surely come against it guns blazing, and for a fact they can't do anything about it Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: