Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:28:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COV] Coven [33k Coins/3%POS]  (Read 32534 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:37:17 AM

it's called not going into a brand new coin with more than I'm willing to lose... like buying a 10.$ lotto ticket lol you don't go back to the store bitching and complaining you didn't win anything

So now you are comparing your patience with lottery ticket? Smiley And please, don't mention bitching and such, because no one is bitching here. Some people (me included) asked pretty valid questions on which the "developer" decided to answer with uncertainty. The way I see it, there are only two possibilities:

1. It is intentional (network issue included) so they (if there is a group involved) can able to buy cheaper as much as they can and then dump it.
2. The "dev" already made few BTC profit and its happy enough to get away with them.

EDIT: In both ways - the coin dies very soon.

About winning/losing on coins, I'm that some of us don't need to be taught on how the "game is played".

yeah when most people leave a coin they just dump and leave or turn there wallet off and forget about as they move on to the next coin that catches their eye. instead of coming back to the forum to stomp their feet around and let the world know how unhappy they are with their own decision to buy a brand new/high risk coin

if you watch almost any good trading tips video about any markets the number 1 tip is usually don't play with more than your willing to lose

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:39:50 AM

I am staying positive with COV. The roadmap laid out by DEV seems doable except the Ethereum porting as Ethereum has not been released yet. Maybe Dev meant something else or can provide an explanation?. Delay is not so much as Dev is building website, proactively helping with issues on Exchange and alteast giving out minor updates. Maybe Dev has a regular job and it is not possible for him to work full time on the coin. There are of-course Dev's who are super active and working on the coin full time.

The ethereum source has been available for 9 months. They haven't released a main net yet. Users have been building from source since day 1.

I've looked at the staking and since the dev reverted the changes, this coin has staked fine. It is only slow because everyone has left their coins on the exchange.

The first item on the roadmap is easy. Numerous coins have cloned in stealth addresses. Some of the other features are difficult, but not impossible.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 12:42:28 AM

fonzerrellie, I am posting this just to let you know that I've read your opinion. Thanks for the tips. I will try to follow them in the future and stop bitching around. You were very kind indeed!

CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 12:48:20 AM

lol

ya thanks fonz you saved us more money than geico

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 12:59:52 AM

lol

ya thanks fonz you saved us more money than geico

Some people love to listen to their words of "wisdom", without listening to others and pay attention to details. Smiley With that said, I can't help myself. Mr. fonzerrellie, why do you think I am taking main role in FAILCoin's team? You want to know more about my position in COV? If I must make some quick and rough calculations (considering that I have taken many waves, because my coins were on Bittrex for days), I now have 1500 coins, and If I delete my wallet do you know what I'm going to lose? Probably less than $40. You think I can be fortunate enough to get the winning lottery ticket?

I don't care about my COV coins and on that I'm completely honest! I've lost thousands of BTC on bad decisions. I care about other people.

Enough said...

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:14:06 AM

lol your welcome  Grin

volume and volatility is where I'll "risk" btc, it's the best mix for profit trading then I'll put some of that profit into a "high risk" coin like COV and see where it goes, then if volume pics up on the high risk coin I play the trading game to get more of it or if no volume happens right away I'll use profits from other coins to leave low buy orders up that I'm willing to risk. so no matter what happens WIN/FAIL I'm OK with it and don't get any more grey hairs if I get burnt by another ditching dev or whatever might happen with a new coin... lol yes I have been left with my fair share of "bags"  Tongue but theres always a new opportunity right around the corner in cryptoland  Grin

we can tell people about the risks all we want, but they wont fully understand them until they experience and learn for themselves... theres a very steep learning curve when a newb enters cryptoland... they either sink or swim and learn to thrive. same with coins they either sink or swim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQ0_Va8Ums

I haven't given up on COV at all, if community members are offering help and dev is willing to accept it then that at least shows maturity on his part and the start of a supportive community.  Cool

WAVES
CovenDev (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:23:56 AM

Some talented community members have contacted me to help aid with correcting issues and progressively continue. Will continue to update.

Um ya... A little more specific. Not to absolutely rip you a new one, but first you push the wrong commit to Github, then the website has problems, then the wallets don't work right, now community members have to supposedly help you code. And we're supposed to believe that you can deliver on the roadmap? Does all of that sound about right? Sorry, but please go back to your software engineering technology certificate program at the local community college. I'm out.

Hmm.
Thanks for your input; I'd like to point out I began working on the features before even beginning on the roadmap. The community was more concerned with a roadmap then the actual functionality of the features being implemented. Sure, there were issues with Github; which were corrected, but the wallet works fine, it's just everyone has their coins on the markets instead of staking. All your concerns can be easily corrected; and the features being implemented require time and testing. If venting your frustrations at my intelligence satisfies you, by all means fire away.  
tx42

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:08:05 AM

Some talented community members have contacted me to help aid with correcting issues and progressively continue. Will continue to update.

Um ya... A little more specific. Not to absolutely rip you a new one, but first you push the wrong commit to Github, then the website has problems, then the wallets don't work right, now community members have to supposedly help you code. And we're supposed to believe that you can deliver on the roadmap? Does all of that sound about right? Sorry, but please go back to your software engineering technology certificate program at the local community college. I'm out.

Hmm.
Thanks for your input; I'd like to point out I began working on the features before even beginning on the roadmap. The community was more concerned with a roadmap then the actual functionality of the features being implemented. Sure, there were issues with Github; which were corrected, but the wallet works fine, it's just everyone has their coins on the markets instead of staking. All your concerns can be easily corrected; and the features being implemented require time and testing. If venting your frustrations at my intelligence satisfies you, by all means fire away.  

The road map is the features you plan to implement. It's just a to-do list.

chemival

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:25:29 AM

Hi

I withdrew COV from my wallet to my Bittrex wallet over 8 hours ago.. Is now showing as complete in wallet but no sign in Trex?  Huh Have checked rec address and all good?

Any ideas?
DFiLeR

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:56:32 AM

trex might require more confirms? you would think it would be in pending by now tho

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
devachelekar

Activity: 382

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:09:47 AM

trex might require more confirms? you would think it would be in pending by now tho
Or wallet may have delayed at trex.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 07:20:42 AM

My last withdrawal from Bittrex was exactly 14.5 hours ago so....

tx42

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:36:24 AM

Hi

I withdrew COV from my wallet to my Bittrex wallet over 8 hours ago.. Is now showing as complete in wallet but no sign in Trex?  Huh Have checked rec address and all good?

Any ideas?

Trex is on a fork. The chain is frozen for them. It's likely they never updated.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 07:46:02 AM

My coins just arrived! It took 15 hours.

EDIT:

Like I already said - I don't believe in this one, but my coins will stay in the wallet. You have a strong hand here.

DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:03:55 AM

will keep my 124 weight on for a while too, and some on the exchange incase heh, just need a few more holders doing the same to speed this up.

oh and advice to coven dev, be more active and supply lil updates, or look for a community member to include in the loop and update the forum as I know it takes extra time. Personally don't have the extra time either tho, sorry.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
chemival

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:10:12 AM

Mine finally showing on Trex after 8 hours Smiley just awaiting confirms now.
ramtony

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:10:53 AM

wallet out of sync again Sad
tx42

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:51:44 AM

It's not "out of sync". The blocks are moving slow. The wallet looks "out of sync" when it's been a while since the last block.

Right now the network is a little fragmented, but it looks like trex is slowly finding the longest chain.

We'll see if trex can catch up tomorrow some time. This is all caused by the fact that some users haven't updated. There should be a way to get the latest client to ban those that haven't updated. That would fix the network.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:00:37 AM

small deposits help... the more deposits/txs  filling up the blockchain waiting to stake the better

WAVES
ramtony

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:04:40 AM

It's not "out of sync". The blocks are moving slow. The wallet looks "out of sync" when it's been a while since the last block.

Right now the network is a little fragmented, but it looks like trex is slowly finding the longest chain.

We'll see if trex can catch up tomorrow some time. This is all caused by the fact that some users haven't updated. There should be a way to get the latest client to ban those that haven't updated. That would fix the network.

this is what I am getting, tried reopening wallet but made no difference

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: