Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:39:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Im thinking of change from Deepbit, recommendations?  (Read 1395 times)
kosovito (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:53:25 PM

Hi.

Sice deepbit is SO big, i dont like at much as before, so im thinking to change to another MINING server.

What server you think is better? Why?

I have 275MH/s, i have to use proportional or pay-per-share??

Im listening

Thanks

Please sir, give me any coin Smiley  135T7F27z7Mtvwffz359BE1zSfYgT1oJ8S
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cschmitz

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:55:05 PM

use eligius, its 0% tax and gives a payout via generated transaction, unlike other pools you can verify in blockexplorer that indeed everything was paid out.

proud 5.x gh/s miner. tips welcome at 1A132BPnYMrgYdDaRyLpRrLQU4aG1WLRtd
kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 08:58:14 PM

Sice deepbit is SO big, i dont like at much as before, so im thinking to change to another MINING server.

Why not try the new zero fee pool at www.bitcoins.lcSmiley

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:00:01 PM

Hi.

What server you think is better? Why?

I have 275MH/s, i have to use proportional or pay-per-share??

Im listening

Thanks
There's a neat pie-chart at bitcoinwatch.com that gives a good idea of sizes. For what it's worth, I've used Slush's pool and btcmine most of all: both are medium-sized, and I've had no real trouble with either. Slush's pool had an issue recently, which caused many people to drop out and that caused the pool size to go from massive to medium - and deepbit to go from medium to scarily big! That's the only real issue I've ever seen with Slush's pool - any other issue has been with the website, rather than mining. Btcmine I'm using right now, and have used on and off for a while - never had any issues with it. It lacks some of the fancy GUI stuff (graphs, etc) that Slush has, but I can live with that. The fee is voluntary, as well - you can select anything from 0% to 5%, IIRC.

There are a couple of new, smaller, pools that have started recently - I'm conservative, and haven't tried either yet, but they might be worth checking out.

I can't really answer for proportional or pay-per-share - I've never really used pay-per-share - it tends to be more expensive in terms of fees.

This space intentionally left blank.
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:03:06 PM

btcguild.com (but registrations are closed right now)
btcmine.com
slush
kosovito (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:12:26 PM

I think gonna try BTCMine, is that good then?

LMGTFY

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:16:21 PM

I think gonna try BTCMine, is that good then?
To be honest, I think all pools are much the same - what you're looking for (and what I can't really help with...) is knowing that the pool operator will respond quickly to problems. Slush seems to; dbitcoin (the btcmine op) may well - but I've never noticed any issues with btcmine so I can't really comment! (Maybe that's a selling point!)

Btcmine has an API, if that would help - I've not used it, but I'd imagine it's the much the same as Slush's. The website seems fairly basic, compared to Slush, but I've noticed it developing over time so dbitcoin is clearly working on improving it. It doesn't have graphs, but that doesn't me too much - it may be an issue for you, though.

kosovito (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:20:16 PM

There's no way on btcmine, to see how much i generated on last 24 hours??

LMGTFY

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:23:44 PM

There's no way on btcmine, to see how much i generated on last 24 hours??
Not that I've found. The closest I can get is the "latest 25 blocks" page, but that doesn't show how much you got from each block. Once you're paid you can see payments, so you can see how much you're getting paid per 24 hours (or per payment), but it's not the same.

backburn

Activity: 111

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:36:06 PM

Check out BitClockers.com

We're small but growing quickly. We have 2 programmers and a helpdesk guy working full time to support, secure, and add new services to the site. Our service has been built from the ground up for security, stability, and speed. Thats were the 2% fee goes.

Join us on Live Chat and one of the admins would love to help you with any questions you may have, we're here to help you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: