Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be very patient, Greek payment drama to continue beyond 2050  (Read 1777 times)
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:28:41 AM

the problem is ... if you create currency, you must not use gov control for the supply.
because of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY&feature=youtu.be
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:47:03 AM

It's now clear that sovereign democracy has been ejected from power by a Financiers and Bankers Coup. Ask yourself where the power to govern resides, ask who sets the rules, who tells the people how they will live and what they are allowed to do. It is a cabal of bankers and big market players, their institutions, empowered by the EU in Brussels, that dictate and rule.
It is not Democracy anymore it is great example of Plutocracy where only power and money rule, and not the people - as they are insignificant and can be replaced. Greece should follow steps of Iceland.
Choose new government and declare that previous debts and loans was unjustly taken by criminals. It would simplify this whole situation.

I agree, I am sure Germany and it's northern European allies are doing their best to over throw the Greek Leftist Government as as much as Tsipras doesn't yield to the Plutocrat's demands, they are trying hard to push Greece over the Brink but latest polls suggest that 70% of the population in Greece stand by whatever Tsipras does.. The EUROZONE is just a post colonial continuation of our ugly European past...only difference is they milked Africa like hell so now they want to milk the peripheral states.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:51:47 AM

inflation is good as long as there is something that keeps on sucking it(a thing that is deflationary), like for example bitcoin, if people start put their inflated money into a deflationary system like bitcoin, it would create an equilibrium , that will help the crisis

Wealth moving from an inflationary instrument to a deflationary one only serves to exacerbate both states.  The only equilibrium implied by this simple description is in the hyper-inflationary annihilation of the former.

The inflationary instrument would have to have some functional advantage over the deflationary one to not suffer this death.  This works for fiat money relative to gold because fiat money is much cheaper to move and store.  This works today for fiat money relative to Bitcoin because Bitcoin is not widely accepted.  If Bitcoin were universally accepted then I'm doubtful that fiat money's remaining functional advantages in paying taxes and settling debts would be enough to save it.

this mean that bitcoin can't reach mainstream without destroying fiat money i'm right(at least is what i'm understanding from the last part of your quote)? so we can't have both, side by side, without one not killing the other
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:36:01 AM

inflation is good as long as there is something that keeps on sucking it(a thing that is deflationary), like for example bitcoin, if people start put their inflated money into a deflationary system like bitcoin, it would create an equilibrium , that will help the crisis

Wealth moving from an inflationary instrument to a deflationary one only serves to exacerbate both states.  The only equilibrium implied by this simple description is in the hyper-inflationary annihilation of the former.

The inflationary instrument would have to have some functional advantage over the deflationary one to not suffer this death.  This works for fiat money relative to gold because fiat money is much cheaper to move and store.  This works today for fiat money relative to Bitcoin because Bitcoin is not widely accepted.  If Bitcoin were universally accepted then I'm doubtful that fiat money's remaining functional advantages in paying taxes and settling debts would be enough to save it.

this mean that bitcoin can't reach mainstream without destroying fiat money i'm right(at least is what i'm understanding from the last part of your quote)? so we can't have both, side by side, without one not killing the other

I do expect that a healthy, truly accepted cryptocurrency would kill off a fiat rival in short order.

I will clarify though to say that by "Bitcoin universally accepted" I really mean "humanity truly accepts Bitcoin for what it is".  Here I intend a much stronger statement than simply "going mainstream".  Going mainstream to me is about most people people technically owning and using bitcoins but continuing to allow their financial activites to be tracked, regulated, and taxed.  I was talking of a hypothetical scenario in which most people actually use Bitcoin, allowing themselves the greater liberty and privacy the technology and supporting tools will allow; reclaiming lost freedoms of decades past.

To illustrate this distinction, please consider an extremely popular, MPAA/RIAA designed and approved, file-sharing service which automatically ensures that all copies made are fully paid for.  Certainly, the MPAA/RIAA could co-exist quite happily with mainstream file-sharing in this world.  However, the file sharing situation we actually have is much sharper and, were Bittorrent to become universally accepted by the people, I doubt the MPAA or RIAA would last very long at all.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:28:44 PM

I believe is not necessary that fiat national currencies get replaced, first of all it's improbable that that would happen for obvious reason, it represent a huge paradigm shift. Maybe in 100 years.. not now.
Second, a duality of fiat with massive inflationary QE and a sane deflationary BTC actually benefits the former, since it gives it an even stronger reason to exist.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:05:22 AM

Second, a duality of fiat with massive inflationary QE and a sane deflationary BTC actually benefits the former, since it gives it an even stronger reason to exist.

Why is the existence of a "sane deflationary BTC" a strong reason for a highly inflationary fiat to exist?  Do you mean: "benefits the latter"?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: