Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **MANDATORY UPGRADE REQUIRED** [ANN] B&C Exchange - All users must upgrade  (Read 174365 times)
sportscliche

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:37:00 PM

I got it to work without having to restart or reinstall.  Both clients must be running and all operations are done from the console.  In the nu client, type

walletlock

Then completely unlock the wallet.  Place your passphrase inside quotes as noted above.  600 second timeout should be plenty of time to complete the process.

walletpassphrase "**************" 600

Now repeat the above two commands in the B&C client.  The next command imports the NuShares wallet.  I had to specify the complete path to the wallet, eg. /home/username/.nu/walletS.dat, where username is the unique login name (This path is for a typical Linux setup; Windows will be different).  The last field is the password, again enclosed in quotes:

importnusharewallet path-to-wallet-file "**************"

The Blockshares should appear in less than a minute.  One can then unlock both clients for minting only as usual.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 07:36:55 PM

Can the keys be improted with dumpprivatekey and importprivatekey commands?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
NewShareUser

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:17:10 PM

Hello, I downloaded the B&C Exchange wallet, and want to get my Blockshares

I clicked File and selected Import NuShares wallet. This brought up a box pointed at the Nu directory on my C drive, with various .dat files to choose from:

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat
walletB.dat
walletC.dat

I do not know which, if any, of these represent my NuShares wallet. Can anyone assist?
salsero

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:20:54 PM

I clicked File and selected Import NuShares wallet. This brought up a box pointed at the Nu directory on my C drive, with various .dat files to choose from:

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat
walletB.dat
walletC.dat

I do not know which, if any, of these represent my NuShares wallet. Can anyone assist?

looks like you are in the wrong directory. you need to go up one directory then go into nu directory then select walletS.dat (That's the new share wallet)

hankrules

Activity: 673
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:22:45 PM

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat
walletB.dat
walletC.dat

looks like you are in the wrong directory. you need to go up one directory then go into nu directory then select walletS.dat (That's the new share wallet)

yep.  this worked for me Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:16:49 AM

We are excited to announce that our team has finalized a release candidate blockchain for BlockShares as well as an accompanying basic branded B&C Exchange client. As a result we are now ready to begin distributing release candidate BlockShares to owners. To start with, here are the B&C Exchange client downloads and source code:

Download (Windows)

Download (Linux)

OS X download coming soon

Source Code

There are three different ownership groups outlined in our original announcement, and each group will have a slightly different method of acquiring their release candidate BlockShares.

1. NuShareholders

All NuShareholders who held NSR at the end of July 3 UTC are entitled to a proportional amount of BlockShares. Just like Peercoin dividends have been automatically distributed to NuShareholders, BlockShares have also been distributed as a dividend.

Users can redeem their BKS by downloading the B&C client and then selecting File > Import NuShares Wallet. An updated BKS total will then be displayed in the client. Minting begins at 18:00 UTC today (11 July)

2. BlockShare purchasers

If you purchased BlockShares directly you will soon receive a request for BlockShare addresses that you would like to receive your BlockShares at. To do this, you will need to download the B&C Exchange client and generate a few new BlockShare addresses to send to the B&C Exchange team. After we receive those addresses, BKS will be sent as soon as possible.

In the interest of ensuring a quick and fair distribution, please make sure that you do not send BlockCredit addresses by mistake. BlockShare addresses are those that begin with the number “8”.

3. Bitcoin holders

This will be delayed until we have Bitcoin signers set up. We cannot distribute to Bitcoin holders until the exchange is operational.

Caution: The blockchain is a only a release candidate

This is a release candidate blockchain, which means that it may not be the final production version if problems with the distribution are discovered.
Once we are confident the distribution was completed properly and the network proves to be stable, we will promote the release candidate blockchain to production status. We expect this process to take a couple weeks. No one should be a buyer of release candidate BlockShares from individual sellers because there is a chance the blockchain could be discarded and a second release candidate would be used with BlockShares distributed based on the centralized ledger we possess. Accordingly, exchanges should not be listing BlockShares during the release candidate period. If you wish to purchase BlockShares during the release candidate period you should buy them directly from B&C Exchange so that the transaction appears in the temporary centralized ledger that would be used in the case that a second release candidate blockchain becomes necessary.

This initial distribution is the first step towards our goal of making B&C Exchange the best decentralized exchange in the world. While this release has none of the planned trading functionality included, it does allow BlockShareholders to own a liquid equity asset and to contribute their thoughts on development priorities through motions.

Going forward, the features described in the design paper will be developed in many iterations which will be individually applied to the test network in a sequential manner. Once a functional exchange has been built on the test network, we will update the production network with all the changes at once. At the moment we are working on two independent iterations in parallel. Sigmike is developing the reputation system, including its voting and block reward subsystems. Giannis will be developing the other voting items unique to B&C Exchange, which include number of confirmations required for each blockchain, number of signers required for transfers for each blockchain, total number of signers for each blockchain and max trade sizes for each asset. All voting can be configured manually or by data feed.

After those iterations are complete, we will begin to implement the messages unique to B&C Exchange as described in the design paper.

Is BKC PoW or PoS coin?
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:59:36 AM

Is BKC PoW or PoS coin?
Being a fork of NuBits, which was forked from the Peershares template, which was forked from Peercoin it inherited the consensus mechanism.
It's PoS.
But B&C Exchange is more a distributed autonomous corporation than a "coin".
The part of B&C Exchange that represents the shares of that corporation are the BKS.
BKC are the units that are required to pay for trades on B&C Exchange.
NewShareUser

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:30:04 AM

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat
walletB.dat
walletC.dat

Sorry, I made a typo in the above list of .dat files - the last one is not walletC.dat but walletS.dat

I retried the import, directing to walletS.dat, and a box appeared asking for a password - I presume this is the NuShares client password. I typed it in, and it said that the import process had started, and that I should check the debug window. I did, but it said:

importnusharewallet <NuShares wallet file> [walletpassword] [rescan=true]
Import NuShares walletS.dat
Password is only required if wallet is encrypted
(code -1)

I don't understand this. Can anyone explain?
salsero

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:09:20 PM

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat
walletB.dat
walletC.dat

Sorry, I made a typo in the above list of .dat files - the last one is not walletC.dat but walletS.dat

I retried the import, directing to walletS.dat, and a box appeared asking for a password - I presume this is the NuShares client password. I typed it in, and it said that the import process had started, and that I should check the debug window. I did, but it said:

(code -1)

I think this is a bug. I also had that issue when I tried to use the 32 bit client, but the 64 bit client worked fine for me. So try the 64 bit client first if that doesn't work go up a few post and people talking about the issue and how they got it to work.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:54:55 PM

addr.dat
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat
walletB.dat
walletC.dat

(code -1)

When putting in your password, try using quotes around it. Apparently if your password has a space in it you must do this. So for example if your password was thyroid cancer, try putting in "thyroid cancer" . That is what worked for me.
NewShareUser

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:48:14 PM

My password is continuous (no spaces) - I tried it with the quote marks anyway, but unfortunately no progress

I think this is a bug. I also had that issue when I tried to use the 32 bit client, but the 64 bit client worked fine for me. So try the 64 bit client first if that doesn't work go up a few post and people talking about the issue and how they got it to work.

I thought 64 bit programs were not supposed to work on 32 bit computers? I am reluctant to try this, in case I bust something
NewShareUser

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:04:08 PM

I got it to work without having to restart or reinstall.  Both clients must be running and all operations are done from the console.  In the nu client, type

walletlock

Then completely unlock the wallet.  Place your passphrase inside quotes as noted above.  600 second timeout should be plenty of time to complete the process.

Now repeat the above two commands in the B&C client.  The next command imports the NuShares wallet.  I had to specify the complete path to the wallet, eg. /home/username/.nu/walletS.dat, where username is the unique login name (This path is for a typical Linux setup; Windows will be different).  The last field is the password, again enclosed in quotes:

The Blockshares should appear in less than a minute.  One can then unlock both clients for minting only as usual.

I have a few questions on the above:

1) Why do we have to type walletlock, if we are about to unlock the wallets?

2) Do we have to unlock the wallets if they are not encrypted? My NSR wallet is encrypted - but the B&C client is not, so do I have to type the two commands (walletlock and walletpassphrase, etc.) for my B&C client?

3) Regarding importnusharewallet, is the password we have to put in for the NuShares client, or the B&C client (I presume the NuShares client, but mine is not working, so far)
BAYproviser

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:15:10 PM

I got it to work without having to restart or reinstall.  Both clients must be running and all operations are done from the console.  In the nu client, type

walletlock

Then completely unlock the wallet.  Place your passphrase inside quotes as noted above.  600 second timeout should be plenty of time to complete the process.

Now repeat the above two commands in the B&C client.  The next command imports the NuShares wallet.  I had to specify the complete path to the wallet, eg. /home/username/.nu/walletS.dat, where username is the unique login name (This path is for a typical Linux setup; Windows will be different).  The last field is the password, again enclosed in quotes:

The Blockshares should appear in less than a minute.  One can then unlock both clients for minting only as usual.

2) Do we have to unlock the wallets if they are not encrypted? My NSR wallet is encrypted - but the B&C client is not, so do I have to type the two commands (walletlock and walletpassphrase, etc.) for my B&C client?

3) Regarding importnusharewallet, is the password we have to put in for the NuShares client, or the B&C client (I presume the NuShares client, but mine is not working, so far)

if you only have your NSR wallet encrypted you don't need to unlock bcexchange client only put in your passphrase password
once you import your nsr wallet.dat to bcexhange client if your bcexchange is lock you need too unlpck it from the main console with your b&c   walletpassphrase "**************" 600 first then import your nsr wallet.dat to bcexhange then use your passphrase password foryour nsr wallet.dat
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:26:46 AM

any way to buy block credits yet?
sportscliche

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:31:01 AM

1) I did this in case either or both wallets were unlocked for minting-only.  When I tried to completely unlock the NSR wallet when it was already partially unlocked, it complained.  So I locked it entirely, then unlocked it entirely. 

2) I haven't tried anything with unencypted wallets...just too much risk for my comfort level.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:53:47 AM

If anyone would like to unload some or all of their Blockshares, PM me. Looking to pay .012 BTC per share, up to 1 BTC worth. (Sorry OP if this seems inappropriate, I just don't want to buy $500 worth at the moment).
BCExchange (OP)

Activity: 203

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:16:43 AM

If anyone would like to unload some or all of their Blockshares, PM me. Looking to pay .012 BTC per share, up to 1 BTC worth. (Sorry OP if this seems inappropriate, I just don't want to buy $500 worth at the moment).

We have no problem with users looking to set up private BKS sales in this thread, as long as they are taking proper precautions to set up trusted escrow facilitators. However, we strongly discourage any trading at the moment because the blockchain is still only a release candidate. From our recent announcement:

This is a release candidate blockchain, which means that it may not be the final production version if problems with the distribution are discovered.
Once we are confident the distribution was completed properly and the network proves to be stable, we will promote the release candidate blockchain to production status. We expect this process to take a couple weeks. No one should be a buyer of release candidate BlockShares from individual sellers because there is a chance the blockchain could be discarded and a second release candidate would be used with BlockShares distributed based on the centralized ledger we possess. Accordingly, exchanges should not be listing BlockShares during the release candidate period. If you wish to purchase BlockShares during the release candidate period you should buy them directly from B&C Exchange so that the transaction appears in the temporary centralized ledger that would be used in the case that a second release candidate blockchain becomes necessary.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:16:02 AM

We have no problem with users looking to set up private BKS sales in this thread, as long as they are taking proper precautions to set up trusted escrow facilitators. However, we strongly discourage any trading at the moment because the blockchain is still only a release candidate. From our recent announcement:

Thanks, missed that. I will take the advice and rescind my offer.
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:39:58 AM

i presume also that stake profits will be invalid if blockchain is to change?
very good work, nevertheless
yohanip

Activity: 118

A Programmer

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:11:47 AM

NXT platform have this kind of decentralized exchange using the thing the doc called as a 'proxy' coin, it's main weakness was the execution time, given the confirmation time a cryptocoin needs to become valid, will this exchange provides better execution speed? with the minimal fees? if that's the case i am in for the long.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: