Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:20:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **MANDATORY UPGRADE REQUIRED** [ANN] B&C Exchange - All users must upgrade  (Read 174372 times)
cryptog1

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:46:56 AM

How would compare the decentralization of the rating system of B&C Exchange with this: https://blog.openbazaar.org/decentralized-reputation-in-openbazaar/ ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BAYproviser

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:05:10 PM

BKS pairs on http://ln.is/www.ccedk.com/OpVSa … are being flipped today! All open orders are cancelled. Pls redo. Thanks for your help.

whats with ccedk I have order still showing and can not cancel them I get page errors

BCExchange (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:42:34 AM

BKS pairs on [...] … are being flipped today! All open orders are cancelled. Pls redo. Thanks for your help.

whats with ccedk I have order still showing and can not cancel them I get page errors

Traders who wish to purchase or sell BlockShares should only access CCEDK through the link https://ccedk.com. The BKS trading pair flip happened over a month ago.

@BAYproviser We would recommend changing your password on CCEDK and emailing their support desk for assistance.
cryptog1

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:41:41 PM

Would it be possible to have some updates on the roadmap and milestones along with when we can expect to have those milestones completed?
Tks
Sentinelrv

Activity: 647
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:39:50 PM

Why doesn't B&C Exchange have a Facebook page? I went to add it to my profile and noticed it was missing and not on the main website. At least with Peercoin, our Facebook account allows me to type out longer news updates to followers that would be impossible on Twitter, due to the character count limit. I noticed that Nu doesn't take advantage of this and only allows their tweets to be shown on their Facebook page. The lack of character count limit allows for better communication with shareholders and the community.
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:30:33 AM

Would it be possible to have some updates on the roadmap and milestones along with when we can expect to have those milestones completed?
Tks

Jordan Lee and the development team have been hard at work on B&C Exchange and don't always find time to surface for updates. You can track development in our open-source repository here: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/src.

We will always make updates as we approach major development milestones.

BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:33:49 AM

Why doesn't B&C Exchange have a Facebook page? I went to add it to my profile and noticed it was missing and not on the main website. At least with Peercoin, our Facebook account allows me to type out longer news updates to followers that would be impossible on Twitter, due to the character count limit. I noticed that Nu doesn't take advantage of this and only allows their tweets to be shown on their Facebook page. The lack of character count limit allows for better communication with shareholders and the community.

Anyone can make a B&C Exchange Facebook page if they wish and we encourage them to do so. Our primary channel of communication will be on Bitcointalk and our website, and later a dedicated forum.
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:58:03 PM

Jordan Lee and the development team have been hard at work on B&C Exchange and don't always find time to surface for updates. You can track development in our open-source repository here: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/src.

What do I overlook?

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/pull-requests/ contains exactly one pull request in the last 5 weeks - and that one is still open.
https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/branches/compare/4.0-stable%0Dmaster#commits doesn't show more activity.
https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/issues?status=new&status=open contains two issues in the last 5 weeks that deal with seed updates and one issue to "Fix upnp vulnerability"

cryptog1

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:14:12 AM

What do I overlook?

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/pull-requests/ contains exactly one pull request in the last 5 weeks - and that one is still open.

Indeed not much activity over the past 5 weeks. Are developers (and Jordan Lee) working on some code that have yet to be pushed to the repo?
JordanLee

Activity: 88

NuBit and B&C Exchange Architect

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 03:21:55 AM

B&C Exchange client version 4.0 is now code complete, although that code has not yet been merged into the master branch of the BCExchange repository which masterOfDisaster was observing. We will begin testing shortly. Version 4.0  includes complete implementations of all voting features needed for the exchange and a fully functional reputation voting system. That is major progress. I estimate we are 35% code complete at this point.

sigmike has spent the last month on Nu version 2.1, which is also now code complete and partially tested. So there are no contributions from sigmike in the last month on B&C Exchange. I have mentioned in posts in the past about how the Nu and B&C team are shared resources. He is just turning his attention to B&C Exchange again, now that Nu 2.1 is code complete.

About a month ago I began recruiting an additional developer for B&C Exchange. Obviously, such a vacancy means progress is not occurring at the optimal speed. However, it also implies the pace will increase once the position is filled. That position was recently filled by glv, and he has just completed his first successful set of tasks, or pull request.

So, most of the progress that has been made was understandably overlooked by masterOfDisaster. Additionally, today we have glv and sigmike focusing on B&C Exchange where over most of the last month they weren't working on it because glv just joined the project days ago and sigmike was working on Nu 2.1.

Bitmessage: BM-2cXS5ezep1jUqeu8CwC6M4aTmMSxcFEHNN
cryptog1

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:24:51 AM

B&C Exchange client version 4.0 is now code complete, although that code has not yet been merged into the master branch of the BCExchange repository which masterOfDisaster was observing. We will begin testing shortly. Version 4.0  includes complete implementations of all voting features needed for the exchange and a fully functional reputation voting system. That is major progress. I estimate we are 35% code complete at this point.

sigmike has spent the last month on Nu version 2.1, which is also now code complete and partially tested. So there are no contributions from sigmike in the last month on B&C Exchange. I have mentioned in posts in the past about how the Nu and B&C team are shared resources. He is just turning his attention to B&C Exchange again, now that Nu 2.1 is code complete.

About a month ago I began recruiting an additional developer for B&C Exchange. Obviously, such a vacancy means progress is not occurring at the optimal speed. However, it also implies the pace will increase once the position is filled. That position was recently filled by glv, and he has just completed his first successful set of tasks, or pull request.

So, most of the progress that has been made was understandably overlooked by masterOfDisaster. Additionally, today we have glv and sigmike focusing on B&C Exchange where over most of the last month they weren't working on it because glv just joined the project days ago and sigmike was working on Nu 2.1.

Tks for your update. There is indeed much progress behind the scene.
masterOfDisaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:40:49 AM

B&C Exchange client version 4.0 is now code complete, [...]

sigmike has spent the last month on Nu version 2.1, which is also now code complete and partially tested. So there are no contributions from sigmike in the last month on B&C Exchange. [...]

Thank you for the detailed update about what happened (partially) behind the scenes!
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:17:44 PM

How can i get bks? can i mine it somehow?

All BlockShares have already been distributed to initial investors and they are not able to be mined. At this point in time the primary method to acquire BlockShares is to purchase them on an exchange like CCEDK.com or to purchase them privately from an existing BlockShareholder.

I don't currently have an account with CCEDK but I am interested in buying some BlockShares. Could someone post a direct link to this market on CCEDK or provide some information on otc vendors ? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
masterOfDisaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:39:11 PM

I don't currently have an account with CCEDK but I am interested in buying some BlockShares. Could someone post a direct link to this market on CCEDK or provide some information on otc vendors ? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi!
please have a look here:
https://www.ccedk.com/bks-nbt
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:43:37 AM

CCEDK is currently the only exchange that offers a BlockShares market, so thank you masterofdisaster for linking to it. We are not aware of any dedicated OTC channels, but there are users like this one selling BKS off-exchange: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/ccedk-deposits-dont-work-are-insanely-slow/2912/13.

TomJoad is a team member of ours who is willing to do escrow for those off-exchange purchases. He has completed a few trades publicly already like this one: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/got-unwanted-blockshares-due-to-holding-nushares-sell-them/2477/48.

We will do our best to help users acquire BlockShares in these early days. We realize that some users prefer not using centralized exchanges and so TomJoad can assist with escrow with private purchases.
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:24:01 PM

CCEDK is currently the only exchange that offers a BlockShares market, so thank you masterofdisaster for linking to it. We are not aware of any dedicated OTC channels, but there are users like this one selling BKS off-exchange: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/ccedk-deposits-dont-work-are-insanely-slow/2912/13.

TomJoad is a team member of ours who is willing to do escrow for those off-exchange purchases. He has completed a few trades publicly already like this one: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/got-unwanted-blockshares-due-to-holding-nushares-sell-them/2477/48.

We will do our best to help users acquire BlockShares in these early days. We realize that some users prefer not using centralized exchanges and so TomJoad can assist with escrow with private purchases.

Yes I have heard good things about TomJoad, I will attempt to contact him later this week. I do appreciate the community offering private purchases, there are very few exchanges I find trustworthy at this point so having a p2p option will be excellent.

Please feel free to link me to any relevant information on BlockShares, I still have quite a bit of research to do in order to get up to speed 100%.

Thanks!  Embarrassed

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:29:16 PM

Yes I have heard good things about TomJoad, I will attempt to contact him later this week. I do appreciate the community offering private purchases, there are very few exchanges I find trustworthy at this point so having a p2p option will be excellent.

Please feel free to link me to any relevant information on BlockShares, I still have quite a bit of research to do in order to get up to speed 100%.

Thanks!  Embarrassed

The best resources will be this bitcointalk thread and https://bcexchange.org. Our website has links to the design document and source code repository, as well as our wallet client and block explorer.

We encourage you to ask any questions you have in this thread too, if only because many others likely have the same questions. We don't mind answering old questions either - we understand it is often easier to ask a quick question rather than cycle through 30+ pages of bitcointalk history for an answer.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:49:48 AM

Could you pls sum up your dividend paying strategy? Are there any data about frequency, potential ROI or anything or you are still in pre-launch phase?

Thx

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
masterOfDisaster

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:37:33 PM

The trading functionality is not yet available, but currently under development.
If that is what you mean by
still in pre-launch phase?
the answer is "yes".
Development will speed up, because another developer was hired recently (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg12608701#msg12608701).

Regarding dividends it's quite simple. Using BCE (Blocks & Chains Exchange) will require BlockCredits (BKC). Those are being created (by BCE) and sold (to customers).
Revenue from selling BKC (if not already BTC) will be exchanged to BTC and distributed to BlockShares (BKS) holders.
That's it - more or less.

The frequency and amount of dividends depends on the trade that is done on BCE.

Anything from total failure (no dividends, investment lost) to a decentralized exchange going viral and becoming _the_ exchange of crypto tokens (with vast amounts of dividends and skyrocketing BKS rate) seems to be possible.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:08:08 PM

So is the B&C exchange dead before it even starts?

Some serious competition dont you think  Shocked

http://bitcointalkboard24.******.com/

phishing

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: