Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:44:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **MANDATORY UPGRADE REQUIRED** [ANN] B&C Exchange - All users must upgrade  (Read 174372 times)
wzhang8888

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:52:56 PM

Selling BlockShares, PM me with offers. For those who dont want to use CCEDK.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCExchange (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:25:27 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 01:31:21 AM by BCExchange

Beginning next week we will be sponsoring a YouTube cryptocurrency news show called The Daily Decrypt. Expect to see us on two shows per week from November 17, 2015 until January 1, 2016!

Follow The Daily Decrypt on Twitter: @TheDailyDecrypt

BCExchange (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:20:33 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 04:12:17 PM by BCExchange

There is an immediate mandatory upgrade for all B&C Exchange users.

Downloads:

B&C Exchange 3.0.1 for Linux

B&C Exchange 3.0.1 for Windows

OS X builds are coming very soon.

Changes:

B&C Exchange release 3.0.1 has an adapted implementation of BIP 0066 as its only change from the prior 3.0.0 release. This release fixes a consensus bug.

Visit https://bcexchange.org to get the latest download clients.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 10:17:27 PM

If I buy nushares now, what exactly do I get once this is operational?

Sorry if this was asked already

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 12:08:08 AM

Dividends for being a nushareholder? Since BCExchange utilizes nubits the demand for nubits will increase. Higher demand for nubits is good for nushareholders.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 12:32:14 AM

Nubits will provide liquidity through offering NBT/XXX pairs on BCExchange. If BCExchange turns out to be successful, the increased demand in Nubits leads to revenue for the Nu network which is possessed by Nushareholders. If you want to directly benefit from BCExchange, you would need to purchase Blockshares (you may know that, just for the sake of completeness).

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:36:55 AM

Nubits will provide liquidity through offering NBT/XXX pairs on BCExchange. If BCExchange turns out to be successful, the increased demand in Nubits leads to revenue for the Nu network which is possessed by Nushareholders. If you want to directly benefit from BCExchange, you would need to purchase Blockshares (you may know that, just for the sake of completeness).

I very much hope that the websites offering access to the B&C Exchange (BCE) accounts either allow flipping the pairs, or the trading pairs are XXX/NBT, because it makes realizing the price easier!

This is slightly off-topic, but it has to do with the question "If I buy nushares now, what exactly do I get once this is operational?".
Nu is preparing the introduction of additional products (e.g. special drawing rights (SDR, XDR), aka a basket of currencies). Airlines often use XDR in their terms where compensation of lost baggage is defined.
I expect XDR (named X-NBT at Nu) will be listed on BCE.
Additional products of Nu increase both the utility of BCE and of Nu!
So Nu and BCE profit mutually from the success of each other!

Buying NSR or BKS is risky, the market liquidity is very low at the moment, but I think there's a big potential for these two DACs to take off.
This is no investment advice - merely my humble opinion!
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:34:06 PM

1. NuShareholders

All NuShareholders who held NSR at the end of July 3 UTC are entitled to a proportional amount of BlockShares. Just like Peercoin dividends have been automatically distributed to NuShareholders, BlockShares have also been distributed as a dividend.

Users can redeem their BKS by downloading the B&C client and then selecting File > Import NuShares Wallet. An updated BKS total will then be displayed in the client. Minting begins at 18:00 UTC today (11 July)

Is there any use of "Import NuShares Wallet" now, when the distribution is over and I got my first NSR after the end of the distribution date? Huh
masterOfDisaster

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

1. NuShareholders

All NuShareholders who held NSR at the end of July 3 UTC are entitled to a proportional amount of BlockShares. Just like Peercoin dividends have been automatically distributed to NuShareholders, BlockShares have also been distributed as a dividend.

Users can redeem their BKS by downloading the B&C client and then selecting File > Import NuShares Wallet. An updated BKS total will then be displayed in the client. Minting begins at 18:00 UTC today (11 July)

Is there any use of "Import NuShares Wallet" now, when the distribution is over and I got my first NSR after the end of the distribution date? Huh

No, you won't receive any BKS from that, because you had no NSR at the point of time when the BKS were distributed.
As an NSR holder, you can ought to contribute to the success of Nu!
Have a look at https://discuss.nubits.com/ - the people are friendly there Smiley
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:51:46 PM

I understand I won't receive any BKS! Let me put it simple: if it became absolutly useless, why it is still in the BKS wallet menu?
masterOfDisaster

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 05:56:42 PM

I understand I won't receive any BKS! Let me put it simple: if it became absolutly useless, why it is still in the BKS wallet menu?

Because everybody who has an NSR wallet with UTXOs in it at the time of distribution can use this function, e.g. to create a fresh BKS wallet. It's not useless.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 06:06:52 PM

alright, so I don't get anything form nushares... but, you can already buy bc shares? is there a wallet? https://bcexchange.org/ this one?

masterOfDisaster

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:20:35 PM

alright, so I don't get anything form nushares... but, you can already buy bc shares? is there a wallet? https://bcexchange.org/ this one?

I beg to differ.
This is by no means an investment advice, but NuShares (NSR) can profit from a successful B&C Exchange (BCE) in many ways.
One way is that it reduces the cost of providing liquidity, which increases the net revenue. And the increased demand for NBT is something Nu is going to profit from.
So there will be ways of getting something from holding NSR in case BCE is successful.
If you understand the BKS that were received by NSR holders as a kind of dividend, it's easy to realize why you had to hold NSR back then Wink

If you want to profit directly from BCE, you can buy BlockShares (BKS) at CCEDK (https://www.ccedk.com/bks-nbt and https://www.ccedk.com/bks-btc) or directly from BKS holders. I highly recommend escrow for the latter one. The NuBits forum (https://discuss.nubits.com/) is a place where you can look for BKS sellers as well as here - some NSR holders did receive BKS!
The NuBits forum user tomjoad has escrowed BKS transactions as far as I know. Please check yourself for an escrow you trust.
sigmike

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:30:11 PM

Version 4.0 is almost ready. It took more time than expected because asset voting has important consequences on the design of the trading protocol that will be implemented in the next release. We had to adjust the design a few times. But it has been finalized and we just need a last review of the pull request before we can finalize 4.0.

This release will enable reputation and asset voting. So shareholders will be able to start deciding which assets will be initially tradable and who will be the first reputed signers.

While asset voting was finalized we also started writing detailed specs of the trading protocol that will be implemented in version 5.0.
Daology

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:50:04 PM

We would like to let everyone in this thread know that Daology.org has support for B&C Exchange.

Daology is a content creation platform where anyone can create articles and proposals to help drive awareness and change for supported distributed organizations.

We have native support for B&C motions. When you create a motion proposal for B&C on Daology the voting hash will be automatically generated for you.

Create impressive content using Markdown and KaTeX. You can easily create content using our Markdown editor to simplify formatting of articles and proposals. For those of you who are more mathematically inclined we support KaTeX rendering in the content as well. Tags, status, and custom proposal data are all there to help you organize and find content.

We want to help distributed organizations govern more effectively. What you see on Daology today is a small set of the tools that will be available to organizations. Stay in touch to hear about feature releases

We look forward to watching the continued development of B&C Exchange, and we hope Daology will play a key role in organizing the ideas and proposals to help it meet the organizations goals.

There are many ways to contact us if you need help or have a comment.

You can send us a direct email at support@daology.org
Use our Gitte[Suspicious link removed] /Daology/Support]support chatroom
Send us a message on Twitter
Submit feature requests or bug reports through our team’s issue tracker
Financisto

Activity: 630
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 04:23:12 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 04:33:29 AM by Financisto

I'm curious about something loosely based on this project:

Is Nubot gonna have an important role inside this project (B&C Exchange) the same way it does today as a support liquidity providing tool to Nubits (liquidity) pools?

Will there be any chance to profit from B&C Exchange the way people do running Nubot on top of those pools nowadays?

P.s. I'm (almost) sure that if B&C Exchange prevails Nubits will bump to top 10 market cap.

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistCompilation of (open-source) BRAINWALLET projectsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 11:22:16 AM

I wonder what chance the centralized altcoin exchanges have after B&C goes live? Who would want to use them any more?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:16:45 PM

Just take a glance @GeminiDotCom and you see the answer ;-)
I wonder what chance the centralized altcoin exchanges have after B&C goes live? Who would want to use them any more?
jonnylatte

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:59:19 PM

If you implement something like the lightning network you could trade as fast as a centralized exchange:

https://youtu.be/8zVzw912wPo
Financisto

Activity: 630
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 02:01:55 AM

While reading the white paper a doubt emerged about market makers / liquidity providers:

(Inside B&C Exchange protocol/structure) Are ONLY core clients (that download the FULL blockchain) gonna be supported for liquidity providers?

OR

Are Simplified Payment Verification Clients (e.g. Electrum) gonna be supported too?

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistCompilation of (open-source) BRAINWALLET projectsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: