Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **MANDATORY UPGRADE REQUIRED** [ANN] B&C Exchange - All users must upgrade  (Read 174372 times)
Sentinelrv

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:16:02 AM

Release the Mac OSX version ASAP, please.

Sabreiib said he knows a large BKS holder that needs the OS X version to upgrade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BCExchange (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:43:31 AM

We are discussing best ways of speeding up the release of a MacOSX client. We appreciate everyone's patience.

In other news, Jordan Lee has raised a discussion about Voting for Default Data Feed Providers: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/voting-for-default-data-feed-providers/3802

In thinking about how to set up an election for default data providers, I start from the point that what we need in the client is a list of data feed providers, along with URLs, signature URLs, address and the percentage of the votes the provider received.

To derive the percentage of votes for each provider I suggest that all data feed providers submit a motion that represents their candidacy to be a default data provider. It might say something like this:

Voting for this motion will increase the probability that provider A will be chosen as a default data feed provider upon a specific installation of B&C Exchange version 5. This represents the candidacy of provider A to become a default data feed provider.

While data feed providers will likely want to say why shareholders should vote for them, that shouldn't be a part of the motion in my opinion.

The date at which votes should begin to be counted will be April 25th UTC. This means @Cybnate, @Cryptog, @crypto_coiner and any other candidate will need to post their motion well in advance of that so it can be added to clients and data feeds. And yes, of course each data feed provider will vote for itself and no other. That works to accurately reflect the real popularity of each feed. Voting will end when the 5.0 release is otherwise code complete. A minimum of 5000 blocks and a maximum of 20000 blocks of votes will be counted, starting on April 25th. Individual shareholders may vote for none, one, some or all of the competing default data feed motions.

A hypothetical example will clarify how votes are to be counted:

The release is code complete except for the default data feed voting results 12,000 blocks after the start of April 25th. Within those 12,000 blocks, provider A received 6000 votes while provider B received 4000 votes for their respective motions. This means that 60% of the time running through the client install, provider A will be selected as the default data feed provider while the other 40% of the time provider B would be selected initially by default.

Any data feed provider who receives even a single vote will be included in the 5.0 release as a default data provider.

For any release that occurs more than 90 days from the release of 5.0, a new vote will be held for default data feed providers.
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 02:57:42 PM

We are discussing best ways of speeding up the release of a MacOSX client. We appreciate everyone's patience.

Are there more issues that are not in this list:
https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/issues?q=OS+x

Please update the bitbucket so I can track progress, and estimate how many hours it might take me to solve it.

The fastest way to speed up the MacOSX client release is allocate some cash (or NuBits) to pay a contractor to fix it. It does seem to me that worrying about the 90% network consensus without having a Mac client seems like the priorities are mis-allocated. If you are having trouble with multi-platform support maybe consider building for Linux only and distributing an embedded-linux based Virtualbox VM image so you only have one binary to worry about.

I'd be willing to look into either one of these options at no charge if we can work out a way to add an option to pay dividends in and allow trading with Grantcoin.
Sentinelrv

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:53:43 PM

For anyone who is a BlockShareholder and following this thread, please make sure you also follow the B&C Exchange sub category on the Nu forum as well, as many other topics are discussed there...

https://discuss.nubits.com/c/b-c-exchange

As you can see, 3 people have now applied to become default data feed providers. If you are currently using a data feed, know that your feed provider cannot vote for other providers who have applied. Therefore, if you wish to vote for more default providers than the one you are already subscribed to, you will need to uncheck the motions category of your data feed and then vote for each default provider manually. If you don't uncheck that category, then your current feed settings will override any motions you try to add. Once voting for default feeds is done, just make sure to check the motions category again. Here are the applications so far...

- Cybnate
- Cryptog
- MasterOfDisaster
PolishPoly

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:50:48 PM

Is it a working exchange now or still under development?
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:39:15 PM

Is it a working exchange now or still under development?

It's still under development.
The next important step is an upgrade of the client version that allows e.g. voting for assets, reputed signers etc.
Enabling the trading can only start after assets and signers are available.
It's only a matter of time.
The exchange will be working soonTM Wink
Sentinelrv

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:16:24 PM

Just in case you didn't realize, 2 more people applied to become default data feed providers, Crypto_Coiner and Nagalim, so now we have 5 applicants. Remember that if you already rely on an existing data feed, that you will not be able to vote for any of the new applicants because your current data feed will override any motions you manually add in. You will first need to uncheck the motions field on your data feed, then manually enter in the motions for which default feeds you want to support, whether it's only a couple or all of them.

The following are the 5 applicants and their associated motions...

- Cybnate
- Cryptog
- MasterOfDisaster
- Nagalim
- Crypto_Coiner
NuCoinGame

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 09:29:38 AM

Quick updates:

• We're testing the default datafeed implementation which appears to be going well so far.
  • We has relaunched testnet with modifications that make it perform closer to mainnet. We'll be using it to test the trading messages soon
  • We're still discussing how to best approach the OSX releases
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 11:43:13 PM

Update from Jordan Lee: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/proposal-to-speed-adoption-of-the-reputation-system/3785/36

At the request of sigmike I would like to make a modification to the B&C 5.0 specifications, which are described in the original post.

There has been discussion around adding the capability to abstain from voting when minting for a long time, going back to at least December 2014 when woodstockmerkle wrote about the possibility.

I have been wary of any solution that would require shareholders to actively and specifically vote no on a grant or motion to prevent its passage. There is, however, a limited manner in which abstentions can be employed without creating a situation where "no" voting is a necessity. Rather than set default data feed providers, I am persuaded that simply setting the default voting behavior on a new install to abstain is the best course of action to address the noise that comes from apathetic voting. We can do this with a simple check box labeled "Abstain" located to the right of the voting buttons on the Voting tab.

Blocks found by abstaining minters simply won't count when deciding whether a motion or grant has passed. Consider a scenario where 50% of blocks in a 10,000 block series have an abstention. This would mean that only 2501 blocks need to have a vote for a particular grant in order for it to pass.

We will still be including a new drop down list of data feed providers, so they will be much easier to select and configure than they are now. We just won't automatically set a default.

Other than these changes, the 5.0 release is now code complete. Hopefully the team will be able to make the changes quickly and we can release very soon.
Sentinelrv

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 08:50:36 PM

I want to purchase 204 BlockShares. I'll pay $6.50 per share. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Sentinelrv

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:52:10 AM

I want to purchase 204 BlockShares. I'll pay $6.50 per share. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Update: I purchased what I needed. Thanks!
carlo__

Activity: 222

Margin Call

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:11:14 AM

How or where can i purchase BKS?

JordanLee

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

NuBit and B&C Exchange Architect

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 08:28:07 PM

How or where can i purchase BKS?

There are about $2500 of BlockShares available at a small spread right now at CCEDK.

Bitmessage: BM-2cXS5ezep1jUqeu8CwC6M4aTmMSxcFEHNN
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:37:16 PM

CCEDK has signaled it will shut down its trading engine at the end of May 2016. BlockShareholders are advised to withdraw their funds as soon as possible.

Source: http://bitscan.com/articles/ccedk-evolves-the-decentralized-conglomerate

The B&C Exchange team is available to facilitate BKS trades as necessary in the absence of centralized exchange support. Please contact us by BitMessage at BM-2cT69Wj7bV21nyDP65EzZFSkW6zrMEP986 if you are interested in buying or selling BKS, or if you require an escrow to complete a trade.
Arno0

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:09:46 AM

Looking to sell some BKS contact me with offers.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:48:46 AM

Does anyone have the white paper handy? The link in the op/web site/forum/etc is now broken.
sabreiib

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:15:20 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2016, 02:39:32 AM by sabreiib

B&C V5.0.0 is released, but we can also wait for v5.0.1 which will fix the reputation voting issue.

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads
Financisto

Activity: 630
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 09:32:04 AM

No more waiting required.

v5.0.1 is already there.

Thx sigmike!

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistCompilation of (open-source) BRAINWALLET projectsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Sentinelrv

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:55:43 AM

BCExchange, please update the original post to account for the v5.0.1 release. The main website also needs to be updated.
CCEDKaps

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:28:35 PM

CCEDK has signaled it will shut down its trading engine at the end of May 2016. BlockShareholders are advised to withdraw their funds as soon as possible.

Source: http://bitscan.com/articles/ccedk-evolves-the-decentralized-conglomerate

The B&C Exchange team is available to facilitate BKS trades as necessary in the absence of centralized exchange support. Please contact us by BitMessage at BM-2cT69Wj7bV21nyDP65EzZFSkW6zrMEP986 if you are interested in buying or selling BKS, or if you require an escrow to complete a trade.

I would like to offer everyone the option to trade blockshares on OpenLedger. I have mentioned this before, but will be happy to mention again, and will below giv you links to the markets where BKS has already been placed as sell offer, and more coul be added depending on interest.

I offer a welcome bonus to all new users of some 10 OBITS, which you may trade or keep as you wish. This offer will run all July an it is based on you linking to site making use of the following account blocksharezs meant for the use of special actions involving anyone interested in trading BKS on Openledger.

Sign up with following link to platform: https://bitshares.openledger.info/?r=blockshares#   I can only follow your signup if using thi link, so the only way for me to send you 10 OBITS, more on OBITS here on CCEDK website: https://www.ccedk.com/dc/obits

Do not forget to save in safe place your password and the requested by default to save, the backup .bin file

I have asked Gliss at CMC to get Blockshares listed again with mentioned pairs, so that once again it is posible to follow BKS there.

The markets enabled on OpenLedge are as follows, and any other ones could be easily added as well

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.BKS_OPEN.BTC

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.BKS_OPEN.NBT

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.BKS_BTS

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.BKS_OPEN.USD

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.BKS_OPEN.EUR

Please use same procedure as when depositing BTC a per below video guide how to, when you wish to deposit BKS.

Withdrawal simply follow instructions to withdraw directly to your Blockshares wallet.

All the best

Ronny Boesing
CEO
CCEDK / OpenLedger / CoinsBank

Public Profile Linkedin: https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ronny-boesing-65b61720

SHHH! please don't tell anyone Smiley Not enough for all to buy/b]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have not yet opened an account, now is the time.  Just follow the "Get Started" video (Tutorial #1) below for the best first-time experience. Welcome.

Here's our tutorial video that shows how you how to get started on OpenLedger.

Click the image to watch the video!

Here's our new tutorial video that shows how you can fund your OpenLeder account with Bitcoin.

click the image to watch the video!

Check out our new tutorial video
on how to participate in an ICO on OpenLedger.

Here's how you can trade an ICO token before anyone else...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: