Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:33:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Delete this thread, thanks.  (Read 1803 times)
thenoblepoptart (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:17:13 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 02:59:01 AM by thenoblepoptart

Ended up having issues. Just wanting this to all be deleted. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 08:28:46 PM

I am new to this but am looking to buy a good amount of BTC.

I would prefer to send over the internet as I am unable to get out easily and do things in person, however if it is needed I can do that.
I can verify my identity and do anything you would like to make you feel comfortable.

Looking to spend around 630 - 780

I'm of course willing to take offers.

Thanks so much!

LOL. Your "verified" identity is worth nothing since you could chargeback even after 180days. I'll avoid engaging in such a trade.
Newbies + reversible transfer services like WU, Paypal, etc....are a scammy combination.

===>>>https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119896.0
===>>>https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:41:54 PM

Your best bet is to open an account at Coinbase.com or Circle.com and attach your bank account. After the approval process, you'll be able to buy all the Bitcoin you want with funds straight out of your account. It's safe, simple, and you don't expose yourself to fraud. I hope this helps Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:39:12 AM

Your best bet is to open an account at Coinbase.com or Circle.com and attach your bank account. After the approval process, you'll be able to buy all the Bitcoin you want with funds straight out of your account. It's safe, simple, and you don't expose yourself to fraud. I hope this helps Smiley

I appreciate the tip I do have an account with them I just don't like the wait, I've used coin.mx before too, and I have a lifted limit the fees just are steep. It really does help thank you.
shdvb
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1001

Click the globe below to talk on live chat!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 02:51:21 AM

I am able to accept Wu for you,also able to escrow this trade if you need. Smiley

Buy/Sell/Exchange Bitcoins|LiveChat|Escrow| WeChat:btcotc2014/Telegram:@mingxingxu,Email:shdvb@hotmail.com.
BtcInter

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:05:42 AM

Contact me in inbox, im ready to sell you btc.
RubberToe

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:47:28 AM

I accept PP at the best rate on this forum, so I can certainly help you out
ash312

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:17:53 AM

I would prefer to send over the internet as I am unable to get out easily and do things in person, however if it is needed I can do that.
I can verify my identity and do anything you would like to make you feel comfortable.

Thanks so much!
sent a pm
retes1234

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

https://dadice.com the #1 dice site

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:42:25 AM

I can sell you .5btc for wu. Pm me if interested

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 01:30:13 PM

Contact me in inbox, im ready to sell you btc.

Not a good practice! You should avoid such kind of "secret" dealings since peer review reduce risks of being scammed. 4 Red flags out of 13; I would avoid having any deal with you.

=snip=
0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself).
1. New account (usually created within the last 3 months, plus or minus)
[/color]
2. Low-medium message count with vapid posts of little to no contributory value
3. Use of a seemingly realistic first/last name as their forum account name
4. Signs posts with full name
5. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Lending (requesting a loan of course)
6. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Currency Exchange (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, Western Union)
7. Straight out of Newbie mode and selling gift cards/codes/Steam games of any kind
(they'll often be purchased with stolen CC info, leaving you holding the bag later on down the road)
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female
9. New user trying to sell an Apple iAnything
10. Sob stories asking for handouts
11. Never send to a Bitmerch.com address for escrow!!!
12. Scammers will try to scam you out of amounts as little as BTC.001 or even less. Do not think that just because the requested amount is trivial that it's any more legit than a 1000 BTC loan request.
13. Any user who tries to get you to use escrow through Escrow.com is a scammer, PERIOD.

There.  Pretty much in a nutshell how to spot a scammer.  There's still some finesse to spotting a scammer, but these rules will separate most of the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.  Oh, and I guess there's one more rule:

13. NEVER DO BACKROOM DEALS VIA PM WITH NEW USERS. Make sure all deals are negotiated in the open forum for both public record and peer review.
=snip=
TLDR: Be careful before you freely give away your coins. From the evidence collected here, you stand substantial chance of getting ripped off if lending to someone who fits the scammer profile.  If that chance is worth making an extra 1-10% on your money, I can't stop you.

I accept PP at the best rate on this forum, so I can certainly help you out

3 Red flags out of 13; I would avoid having any deal with you, too.  Wink

Thanks so much!
sent a pm

4 Red flags out of 13; I would avoid having any deal with you, too.  Grin

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
volatilebtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:02:59 PM

Thanks so much!

You gotta be kidding us , aint you ?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin faucet  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  Freebitc◔in   ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible  ↑↓ Highest Reward 50% Referral benefit  ↑↓
johnkwin

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:51:20 PM

Unfortunately I'm not kidding. However last night I sent $675 to klovishey and I appear to have been scammed. I really have no Idea what to do besides a chargeback. They've ran me around in circles for 10 hours after getting my money without sending coin.

Always verify information, deal with extreme caution when someone is ok with doing a transaction that big, Especially when they have no reason to trust you. Let alone know you much at all, ID or not. Start small and build the trust with your buyers/sellers.
coyne1981

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:29:14 PM

Unfortunately I'm not kidding. However last night I sent $675 to klovishey and I appear to have been scammed. I really have no Idea what to do besides a chargeback. They've ran me around in circles for 10 hours after getting my money without sending coin.

Escrow, escrow, ESCROW! Man, that sucks....

Baghead

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:42:20 PM

This is why you listen to an experienced, 'trusted member of the community before you get excited wanting to buy bitcoin. Look below for advice that would have saved you $675, how much longer would you have been than 10+ hours waiting for coinbase or circle? Sorry for your loss and i hope you have learned something from it  Smiley

Baghead

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:15:02 PM

Well, I guess I trusted in the person. And that was a huge mistake. Now I have to wait for their response. Maybe they will actually give me my coins.

Trust nobody who doesn't have a great community standing and even then 'always use escrow' the dark green next to the guys name who gave you advice is the type of trusted member that you should take note from. Unfortunately you have to learn the hard way but at least you will learn. Please don't hold your breath of getting your coins back! They are gone and the scammer has more than likely already spent them gambling or some crap  Undecided
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:27:07 PM

Well, I guess I trusted in the person. And that was a huge mistake. Now I have to wait for their response. Maybe they will actually give me my coins.

If you could have a free $600+ and all it would require is for you to create a brand new account on Bitcointalk.org, wouldn't you?

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:58:47 PM

I am able to accept Wu for you,also able to escrow this trade if you need. Smiley

If you accept WU, make sure you could cashout from WU before an escrow release the Btc. I had bad experience with WU , My buyer sent fake MTCN.

RubberToe

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:21:50 PM

To be honest I trusted 'her' because we're similar age, 'she' was female like me. 'She' said I could send goods & services and now I'm just sitting here mad and upset and really distraught. This was going to help me out a lot and now i'm down way more money than I ever wanted to be. And I've lost a lot more than cash in the process of dealing with this. Is there anywhere on the forum where people who have dealt with this kind of stuff talk. I honestly just don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry to hear that man  Shocked  Did you try calling PayPal?  These scammers are relentless Sad  Call them up and raise a stink. You have nothing to lose
Trayber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:29:39 PM

If you had read that persons few previous posts they were selling several PayPal accounts. That alone would have set off red flags to me NOT to send them money. That money you sent is long gone, its been transferred out of that account somewhere else. Even though you sent it goods a PayPal dispute will likely do you no good in trying to reclaim the funds. Once PayPal hears it was for an intangible item they will disallow the claim and leaving you with no other recourse.  I suppose if you used a credit card to fund the purchase you could file a claim but no guarantee you will win and if you did paypal will not eat the loss and take the money from your paypal account thus leaving you a negative balance. I think you're SOL in this one and you gotta eat the loss.
RubberToe

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:31:57 PM

Another option is to do what one of my customers did: incremental purchasing.

Let's say you have $200 to spend but you don't want to risk the whole thing. Buy $10 at a time, or any amount you feel safe with. If the person turns out to be a con artist, you've lost $10 and not $200.

klovishey

Activity: 195

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:34:14 PM

Umm I think you people should ask NOBLE WHY PAYPAL HAS THEIR ACCOUNT UNDER INVESTIGATION Huh  I HAVE PM HIM / HER ABOUT IT... THEY KNOW THAT PAYPAL HAS THEIR ACCOUNT UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR POSSIBLE FRAUD...
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:35:15 PM

AND THEY JUST ASKED TU BUY ANOTHER PAYPAL ACCOUNT BECAUSE THEIRS IS NOW LIMITED!!!
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:39:07 PM

I just told you in my PM my account was limited when I took action against the 675 I sent you. I cancelled the claim and they required me to send in photo id and proof of identity so they didn't think I was a false user. I even offered to show you my ID as well. Don't point fingers when you have my money.

Also my account won't be limited in a matter of hours if not sooner. I've already spoken with them after 2+ years of good history I don't have an issue. I had asked because I was curious. I can seriously provide any proof to anybody because this is ridiculous.
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:48:02 PM

You know as well as I do that if you don't want to do this transaction there is a refund button right on paypal when you receive funds for goods and services. And if the funds are held you can immediately refund them as well. I'm not new to paypal, I might be new to BTC but not paypal.

The fact that you haven't refunded me or sent any coins says enough.

So why have you not refunded me if you don't want to do this can you answer that?

You either already have my money and haven't sent anything or are refusing to refund me. Either way my end of the bargain was held up.
RubberToe

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:49:33 PM

You know as well as I do that if you don't want to do this transaction there is a refund button right on paypal when you receive funds for goods and services. And if the funds are held you can immediately refund them as well. I'm not new to paypal, I might be new to BTC but not paypal.

The fact that you haven't refunded me or sent any coins says enough.

So why have you not refunded me if you don't want to do this can you answer that?

You either already have my money and haven't sent anything or are refusing to refund me. Either way my end of the bargain was held up.

Totally fair point, buddy!!! It takes literally SECONDS to login and click on refund. Doesn't matter if there's a dispute or not. So there's no excuse.
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:52:03 PM

Because paypal has advised me to wait till the investigation is complete before doing anything.
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:55:01 PM

and there is no dispute , just investigation because the account owner said they didn't make the transaction, I have also mailed a letter to the verified paypal address, so if noble is the account owner they can post a picture of the letter ,
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:59:48 PM

Because paypal has advised me to wait till the investigation is complete before doing anything.

So let me get this straight. You're not refunding someone who sent you money which you have received because paypal has an investigation. So you rather than returning the funds to paypal (which you know very well would hold them if there was any reason to) are deciding to keep my money in your account and neither refund nor send BTC because rather than forfeiting the funds to paypal you want the cash?

If a paypal account is limited you can't send money, or withdraw money period.

So if I got a refund and my account was under limitation than all that would happen is it would be locked in my account and seeing as how its MY money I don't see that as an issue. However you're keeping the money for what reason?

If you don't intend on sending BTC then this would be ridiculous. If you've received the funds and have them in your holding then theres nothing stopping you.  

I want nothing more than to get my BTC and be done with this whole thing but at this point a refund is fine, since it would now appear you are holding my money hostage.

I don't know how to post images here but if someone can show me I can show my ID phone records and paypal cases that say I made the claim and paypal forwarded it to fraud department and they took my claim as an unauthorized usage. If you have any idea when that letter will arrive that will be great. I am the account holder, I've offered three times now to show you my photo ID, my state ID my school ID heck I'll even show you the credit card the purchase came from now you're holding my money hostage till I get a letter in the mail?

And I'm supposed to be fine with that?
RubberToe

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:20:38 PM

and there is no dispute , just investigation because the account owner said they didn't make the transaction, I have also mailed a letter to the verified paypal address, so if noble is the account owner they can post a picture of the letter ,

Are you out any BTC? Do you have a txid for proof?

If not, then nothing you said matters.  Hit the refund button, no matter WHO sent the payment. You have no right to the funds.
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:46:12 PM

^ are condoning fraud?
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:49:00 PM

and nobody said he isn't going to get his funds, I just want to make sure im protected, you clearly are another scammer support a possible scammer, look at your trust level.... I have pm;d you nobel, you come across a lot different in your pm's..
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:51:18 PM

PM me with a slefie of you and your ids in your hand , and a piece of paper with bitcointalk written on it and ill will port it here
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:55:20 PM

and nobody said he isn't going to get his funds, I just want to make sure im protected, you clearly are another scammer support a possible scammer, look at your trust level.... I have pm;d you nobel, you come across a lot different in your pm's..

I don't know who rubber toe is he just seems to be the peanut gallery in this. So IDK about his rep or anything.

I don't mean to come off different i'm irritated and scared and worried about my money I am more than happy to Skype call you or show you a letter from paypal I just got yesterday when I got my debit card which has my address on it. Honestly I just want this to be resolved. If you are open to a Skype conversation or call that would be great. I feel like we both need to communicate with each other.

I'm not a he as well I'm a she not that it matters just now that this has become and identity thing I should clarify. I'm just irritated and I want everything to be wrapped up and done.

Honestly, PM me we can arrange a call or something I can show you proof of address proof of ID and proof I'm the paypal owner. I worked with you last night calling paypal verifying my ID so that they knew it was digital goods.

I just would really like to get this resolved so I apologize for losing my temper, but this is a lot of money for me.
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:07:57 PM

http://imgur.com/a/94Aft

Theres the album of selfies. Do you still have my BTC address?

are you serious??, so I hope this was a joke because the selfies of the error page are not exactly funny
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Oh! I'm sorry I had my album private! Sorry let me change my sharing settings!
klovishey

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:13:32 PM

Waiting ... LMK WHEN ITS FIXED
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:23:30 PM

Sent you the corrected link, sorry again. Let me know if its fine I logged out and tested it.
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:43:24 PM

Just sent you a youtube video, link to my Facebook, and another picture. Since the first selfies weren't good enough.   Wink
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:11:28 PM

Just sent you a youtube video, link to my Facebook, and another picture. Since the first selfies weren't good enough.   Wink

Just to be clear. After sending my video and everything to this person. who very kindly at first accused me of photoshop they disappeared.

Unbelievable.

So after you admit you have my money and I prove my identity with a video no less you vanish. WOW
daggerman

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:58:48 PM

you are a damn liar.

you have lost nothing. you have no need to wait.   send the coins, or hit refund.

scumbag
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:15:14 PM

you are a damn liar.

you have lost nothing. you have no need to wait.   send the coins, or hit refund.

scumbag

They now said they are again 'waiting'
Waiting on paypal

I've called paypal just now and they say there's no waiting to be had. They said you have the funds and are able to use it.

So first you claim you're waiting on the account verification and that I'll have my money within 6 hours.

Then I go to bed 10 hours later I get in touch after I call paypal and alert them it might be a scam. Of course when it shows up theres a problem with the money you get back online accusing me of stealing my account.

So then you send me PMs saying if I send you selfies you'll release. Fair enough I send you some and you claim they are photoshop. After that I send you a picture of me holding the items in my mouth I do a direct webcam upload to youtube and I link you to my Facebook with the same username, same name, and over 250+ friends.

So I verified my identity you again disappear and now you're saying you're waiting again. What are you waiting for? All I'm hearing are excuses as to why you can keep MY MONEY!

I'm a freaking college student who wanted to try my luck with coin so I can have money for AN APARTMENT IN A WEEK. either GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND RELEASE MY CASH OR SEND THE COIN.
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:24:50 PM

Are you seriously going around reporting anybody who agrees with me?

You're the one with MY again I'll say it so it sticks MY MONEY.

And you're making no effort of communication I'm reaching out and doing everything and you're sitting there like

"oh surely this person won't mind if I hold their money hostage and make myself out to be a victim because I have their money"

daggerman

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:36:36 PM

noble, if you need this money quickly, dont wait for paypal.  contact your bank.  they will charge it back for you. and likely credit your account immediately.
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:03:13 PM

I just contacted them hopefully they said it should be credited in 4 days at most. And if they turn out not to be a scammer then I can reverse the chargeback.

Right now if they spend that money my bank will go after them as well as paypal. So hopefully they don't touch it.

I'm upset because my bank made me cancel my card. But it will be worth it to get MY money back.
thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:19:24 AM

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post an update on the situation. Currently me and Klovishey have worked something out and everything is looking good.

It seems like I was a bit nervous and that we just both had fears and communication issues.

There is no chargeback going through anymore, although I dont want people to worry I am protected if anything goes wrong.

Klovishey has been talking to me all night and seems very willing to work with me and like they truly are a good person. I will keep you all updated as it progresses but everything is truly looking good!

I have high hopes this will finish smoothly for the both of us now that tensions have gone down.

Thank you all for your concern and I will keep you all updated.   Cheesy
daggerman

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:57:44 AM

you are being gullible.  he is just buying time.

this loser left anyone who tried to warn you negative feedback.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:38:33 PM

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post an update on the situation. Currently me and Klovishey have worked something out and everything is looking good.

It seems like I was a bit nervous and that we just both had fears and communication issues.

There is no chargeback going through anymore, although I dont want people to worry I am protected if anything goes wrong.

Klovishey has been talking to me all night and seems very willing to work with me and like they truly are a good person. I will keep you all updated as it progresses but everything is truly looking good!

I have high hopes this will finish smoothly for the both of us now that tensions have gone down.

Thank you all for your concern and I will keep you all updated.   Cheesy

Yeah, you're getting scammed.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:20:54 PM

I sent both thenoblepoptart and klovishey an escrow agreement for the latter to put funds into escrow. No response so far.

thenoblepoptart (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:15:30 PM

Tomato and Klovishey please check your PM's I have responded to both of you. Thank you Smiley
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:10:44 PM

Klovishey hasn't funded escrow, and I'm pretty sure he has no intention of sending Bitcoin at all. Poptart, I'd advise you to file a dispute with PayPal as soon as possible.

daggerman

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:13:37 PM

i simply dont believe it
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: