Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:36:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I start Investing USD? (Betterment?)  (Read 4186 times)
Sophia1029 (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:25:48 AM

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I really know very little about economics/financial stuff.

I am 23 and a college student and a part time employee and my annual income is around $7,000 (I focus more on school right now than work).
I have always wanted to learn how to invest but every time I try to research I get overwhelmed and it feels too complicated to me. But then I found this company website/Iphone app called Betterment and have been reading a lot of good reviews about it both from the App store and on websites. (I am in no way advertising this or spamming, this is a sincere post) Basically it manages your portfolio, it helps you set a goal and gives you advice on what to invest in and everything is just done there and to me it actually looks doable for once. The fees are really low and based on your account balanced. Basically if I start with $50 the monthly fee is $0.02 and if I had $30,000 in the account it would be $6 a month.
But here is also a general warning given in an article about it which scares me:
"In this Betterment review, I have to provide a common sense reminder. Like all market investments, Betterment’s stock and bond investments are subject to market risk. If the markets are up, your balance will likely grow. When markets go down, your balance will likely shrink. You have no guarantees and Betterment is not a FDIC insured savings account.

If you need your money in the short term, a savings account might be the best place for it, because you’re guaranteed to get back the the same dollars you put in (known as your principal).

When you invest in stocks and bonds, risk is present and you can lose money. The fact that you are taking more risk also means that you’ll likely earn higher returns over the long term."

So this statement made me want to ask you guys that I assume are more experienced investors, is it too late to start investing? Do you think the American or USD economy will crash drastically soon and is it even worth it???
Would you recommend this for a beginner.. trying this site?

BTW here is the article review I looked at:
http://cashcowcouple.com/service-reviews/betterment-review/

EDIT: This site is appealing to me because they apparently no longer have a minimum starting balance and having very little money I could start with a very small amount.
Basically I want to know if this looks like a legit, safe, and good site for a beginner like me from an experienced investor.  Also, does it look like I can take out money from profits at any time? Or do I have to keep money in my account and not touch it? Idk these things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:53:59 AM

You can take money out at any time, but depending on what country you're from the gains are taxable. Betterment fees are actually really high for low balance accounts (over 3% if I remember correctly) and it will destroy your long term gains.

A better alternative to betterment is Acorns, it rounds up your purchases and puts the "change" in the account. Fee is only $1 a month (plus a small % for larger accounts). If you don't want the "change" to be invested just link it to a card you don't use and then just use the deposit feature to add your $50/month in it.

An even better option (if/when you can afford it) is to open an IRA with a company (Vanguard for example) and make monthly deposits in it, inside the Roth IRA the gains aren't taxed when you withdrawal it in retirement, but if you withdrawal early you will pay a tax. And with the Roth IRA and your low income you actually get a small tax break by depositing money in it (I know a lot of people will come out of the woodworks and say "hey you only get tax breaks with Traditional IRA's!!!!", but check out Tax form 8880 before you criticize).

A retirement plan should be scheduled, IE "I will invest x dollars per month no matter what the market looks like". This is called dollar cost averaging and will help you the most in the long run.

If you think a big market crash/correction is going to happen soon just save the x dolllars/month right now and then start putting the money into the market in October of 2015, if a market crash happens in 2016 just keep investing your scheduled x dollars/month and consider yourself lucky for getting more shares per dollar.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
crastolol

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:19:18 AM

usd? usd is collapsing, don't listen to the price much, good investment option are bitcoin or gold
687_2

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:24:16 AM

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I really know very little about economics/financial stuff.

I am 23 and a college student and a part time employee and my annual income is around $7,000 (I focus more on school right now than work).
I have always wanted to learn how to invest but every time I try to research I get overwhelmed and it feels too complicated to me. But then I found this company website/Iphone app called Betterment and have been reading a lot of good reviews about it both from the App store and on websites. (I am in no way advertising this or spamming, this is a sincere post) Basically it manages your portfolio, it helps you set a goal and gives you advice on what to invest in and everything is just done there and to me it actually looks doable for once. The fees are really low and based on your account balanced. Basically if I start with $50 the monthly fee is $0.02 and if I had $30,000 in the account it would be $6 a month.
But here is also a general warning given in an article about it which scares me:
"In this Betterment review, I have to provide a common sense reminder. Like all market investments, Betterment’s stock and bond investments are subject to market risk. If the markets are up, your balance will likely grow. When markets go down, your balance will likely shrink. You have no guarantees and Betterment is not a FDIC insured savings account.

If you need your money in the short term, a savings account might be the best place for it, because you’re guaranteed to get back the the same dollars you put in (known as your principal).

When you invest in stocks and bonds, risk is present and you can lose money. The fact that you are taking more risk also means that you’ll likely earn higher returns over the long term."

So this statement made me want to ask you guys that I assume are more experienced investors, is it too late to start investing? Do you think the American or USD economy will crash drastically soon and is it even worth it???
Would you recommend this for a beginner.. trying this site?

BTW here is the article review I looked at:
http://cashcowcouple.com/service-reviews/betterment-review/

EDIT: This site is appealing to me because they apparently no longer have a minimum starting balance and having very little money I could start with a very small amount.
Basically I want to know if this looks like a legit, safe, and good site for a beginner like me from an experienced investor.  Also, does it look like I can take out money from profits at any time? Or do I have to keep money in my account and not touch it? Idk these things.

I read their terms and conditions and they trade in the same securities that they advise people on. They also hide the investment agreement until you give them your info and become a customer. I would guess that agreement says they can change the fees and terms at any time...

I personally don't play games with anybody in NYC, and I would also suggest developing useful, salable skills and start selling a product or service instead of worrying about this "investment" stuff. Most of it is just built by fly by night entrepreneurs looking for a quick sale - it is not for your benefit, but for theirs.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
Anirban Sarkar

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:52:54 AM

Yes you can but think before it whole life is risk so try to take risk also sometimes !! Boldly
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:17:50 AM

You are almost right. But you need to minus around 3% of inflation rate. Means, your money uses value or buying power of 3% each year.

Every investment is risky. The trick is to reduce the risk as much as possible. In your case, I would invest into an ETF (exchange traded fund) which depicts a world-based index (e.g. MSCI). If one world region is struggling, lets say the States, it will be compensate by another one, e.g. Europe or Asia. Furthermore, you get dividend payments anually.
Sophia1029 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:14:06 PM

Wow you guys are awesome! I really appreciate you all looking into this site for me for real!
I live in America and already have USD so I will not be transferring anything to USD. The reason I was saying USD is because this is a btc site and I wanted opinions on the future of USD just to know if it is worth investing in.

Someone mentioned that USD is "strong", therefore it is really risky. I thought if the currency is "strong" then you have a better chance of profiting?
Someone also mentioned ETF (I don't understand this) but in an article about the site it says that Betterment handles ETF:
"Betterment will build you an efficient portfolio comprised of widely diversified, low cost ETFs. If you don't want to manage your own portfolio, or hire a financial advisor, Betterment is tough to beat for the very low price."
687_2

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:56:14 PM

I thought if the currency is "strong" then you have a better chance of profiting?

The only way you have a better chance of profiting in anything is if you are in control. Meaning, start your own company.

Someone also mentioned ETF (I don't understand this) but in an article about the site it says that Betterment handles ETF:
"Betterment will build you an efficient portfolio comprised of widely diversified, low cost ETFs. If you don't want to manage your own portfolio, or hire a financial advisor, Betterment is tough to beat for the very low price."

If you don't understand it, never get involved in it.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:55:25 AM

usd? usd is collapsing, don't listen to the price much, good investment option are bitcoin or gold

usd is still strong enough, long will the time, before we can see it collapsing, euro instead is in the dangerous zone along with bitcoin, gold is okish but not really remunerative, unless you invest millions...
Sophia1029 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:46:02 PM

If the company were to shut down or the website, would I lose all my money invested into it?
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:14:41 AM

If the company were to shut down or the website, would I lose all my money invested into it?

Don't use betterment the fees are too high for small accounts. Look into Acorns or just sign up for a Vanguard IRA.

You clearly didn't read my first response so this will be my last.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 08:18:28 AM

Investing in stock market with long term is better. Pick some good fundamentally strong stocks and invest in them research before investing.

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:26:34 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

And if you are looking for quick returns then just forget it.. you cant make quick money from above 3 products.
You have to be patient because all these investments are for long run. And if you are looking for quick money then i suggest you to go for betting on sports.  Smiley
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:25:06 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

And if you are looking for quick returns then just forget it.. you cant make quick money from above 3 products.
You have to be patient because all these investments are for long run. And if you are looking for quick money then i suggest you to go for betting on sports.  Smiley

There are more options, you can for example buy good whiskey wine or even art if you like. Silver especially in the form of old coins can be a good investment.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:48:33 AM

T this time, just buy some coins.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:11:49 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

There are more options, you can for example buy good whiskey wine or even art if you like. Silver especially in the form of old coins can be a good investment.

Art is too difficult to nail, you never know what will blow up in price, same goes for stuff like whiskey. The stock market gives you the opportunity to invest in anything you like without having to physically own the stuff you want. So instead you could buy stocks for some whiskey factory or for some art convention, rather than owning the actual stuff which IMO is for rich people only.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:16:07 PM

It is true that USD has been and continues to be strong. But ask yourself, w/ spending out of control and the debt continuing to pile up, the excessive printing of money to prop up the welfare/warfare state and the political class that is sustained by it, it can't go on much longer and it'll take the stock market w/ it on its way out. If you're 23, this shit will be well gone and different by the time you retire. You have plenty of future to generate income for yourself so I would stick w/ physical silver bullion and bitcoin. Silver will basically hedge against inflation while something so evolutionary as bitcoin will do its own thing which is likely to grow many times its current valuation.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:33:25 PM

Investing in USD is always a great option. As it is Fiat Money there is no risk involved in it. People Resist in investing online as many scams are taking place nowadays so its better to invest in USD as it will surely gives you good returns in the future better then bitcoins atleast.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:54:14 AM

Investing in USD is always a great option. As it is Fiat Money there is no risk involved in it. People Resist in investing online as many scams are taking place nowadays so its better to invest in USD as it will surely gives you good returns in the future better then bitcoins atleast.

Yes investing in USD is great but investing in a bitcoin is sure not a scam too because nowadays people are start using it as a digital payment. How can you said that is a scam? People start a new technology with it and it really gives you some profit and of course with this condition it will give you a good return of course and its better than USD
cinder

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:50:44 PM

USD is king in the deflationary cycle. You can scoop up assets at big discount when everything is going down the sink.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Dollar is still the number one currency in the world. We can invest some amount to it and need to allocate some to other investment to spread the risk.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:11:06 PM

Dollar is still the number one currency in the world. We can invest some amount to it and need to allocate some to other investment to spread the risk.

Yes for now dollar is the number one currency? Howw about in decades? You can invest it in gold or silver is higher profit because everytime gold always in a good price and always go high never going down, if its going down it will be for a while then it will going up again
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:05:22 PM

That's an better option. USD is the King of currency at present and will continue to be in future too. I would prefer to invest in USD as there is no risk involved with it. It's ruling the world and it will rule the world but should also invest part of the money in gold.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

Its good that you are financially aware at a younger age, and you already beat 50% of americans from the start.

Just know as you invest, you should always consider limited options: friends and family will want to start a business, or ask for a helping hand, but theres ways to help then throwing your hard years of savings at them.

Just consider all options, before dipping into your pocket.

I would go read the book called millionaire fastlane, if you ever get the chance. The title seems a bit wack, but the content inside is priceless and you`ll gain 15 years based on 1 persons life.
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:20:01 PM

Yes. Ofcourse.
Investing in USD is an great idea. But keep a part of USD to invest in some other resources. For now would say bitcoins or gold as gold would be definitely the best choice to go for and it also depends on what Capital you hold in your hand depending upon that you can go for best possible option.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:51:02 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

Art is too difficult to nail, you never know what will blow up in price, same goes for stuff like whiskey. The stock market gives you the opportunity to invest in anything you like without having to physically own the stuff you want. So instead you could buy stocks for some whiskey factory or for some art convention, rather than owning the actual stuff which IMO is for rich people only.

Avoid art, avoid stock market unless you are into day trading, same with penny stocks.

Avoid all the nonsense, focus on cash flow. Build something for cheap that creates value, and eventually sell that value (your company/project/website) to a bigger fish.

Then focus on a fix principal with a huge cash out you got, and then consider gold and bitcoin. But, still avoid stock market due to day traders effecting the price point.

wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:57:00 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

Avoid art, avoid stock market unless you are into day trading, same with penny stocks.

Avoid all the nonsense, focus on cash flow. Build something for cheap that creates value, and eventually sell that value (your company/project/website) to a bigger fish.

Then focus on a fix principal with a huge cash out you got, and then consider gold and bitcoin. But, still avoid stock market due to day traders effecting the price point.

I would put my money on Bitcoin and Gold avoiding the Stock Market as Stock Market is very uncertain You earn a lot in a single day and you also loose everything in a single with nothing in a wallet. So its better to play safe and secure the amount invested.
oblivi

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:10:04 AM

Just stay away from fiats, keep it all on metal, stocks (very few) and Bitcoin. All of the fiat you need just keep it on your local fiat, thats what I would personally do.
crastolol

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:07:40 AM

Just stay away from fiats, keep it all on metal, stocks (very few) and Bitcoin. All of the fiat you need just keep it on your local fiat, thats what I would personally do.

i agree better to invest in altcoin then fiat, fiat is shitty centralized
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:20:30 AM

But at least you know its real and you're not investing in some scheme. A agree that fiat is not the best investment, but there are much better things than altcoins.

BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:06:52 PM

You can't ask people to stay away from fiat. With this fiat we use it to buy bitcoin. If you didnt have any fiat how can you invest in bitcoin? How can you do things? You need some like may be 20%-30% fiat then the rest you can use for invest or whatever do you want to do
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:12:19 PM

You can't ask people to stay away from fiat. With this fiat we use it to buy bitcoin. If you didnt have any fiat how can you invest in bitcoin? How can you do things? You need some like may be 20%-30% fiat then the rest you can use for invest or whatever do you want to do
And thats why we need serious jobs being paid with BTC. We can't live off the peanuts that you get with a signature campaing, but the thing is I cant think of any other "job" that pays in BTC unless you are running your own business accepting BTC.
Unless we get serious on that area, BTC will always depend on fiat.
manselr
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

Long USD, but not because of MSM.  If one believes in deflation, then one believes in the eventual scarcity of USD notes. Eventually, gold will win the day, but not until the dollar cleans up first.  We'll see...
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:42:28 PM

And thats why we need serious jobs being paid with BTC. We can't live off the peanuts that you get with a signature campaing, but the thing is I cant think of any other "job" that pays in BTC unless you are running your own business accepting BTC.
Unless we get serious on that area, BTC will always depend on fiat.

Yes for now its hard to get any jobs that paying with bitcoin, besides campaign and translator i guess there is nothing to get more bitcoin. If you do gambling the risk is too much. And many people will lose it just because of desire to win. I guess some people should post some job for us to do
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:56:34 PM

It's an better idea to invest in USD as USD as always be on top if think of Fiat money So there is no risk involved in investing in it. Over the years USD would be on high peak and thats what history says so its better to invest in USD and keeping other risks aside.
torrentheaven

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:28:40 AM

USD is a good option.

The dollar will soon  be worth more than the Euro. After all, it's not just the Euro that's falling against the USD, but almost every other currency in the world too. Why is the dollar up so much?? Well, the simple story is that the strong your economy, the stronger your currency so it's better to invest in USD.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:04:06 PM

USD is a good option.

The dollar will soon  be worth more than the Euro. After all, it's not just the Euro that's falling against the USD, but almost every other currency in the world too. Why is the dollar up so much?? Well, the simple story is that the strong your economy, the stronger your currency so it's better to invest in USD.

I strongly disagree. Past performance is not an indicator of future gain. To the contrary, the biggest gains are made with investing in assets that have comparatively low valuations at the time of investment. Investing in something that is valued high (in the hope that the trend will continue) only increases risk.

I would not invest in any fiat currency. It's worthless debt money that can be inflated at will, backed by nothing other than thin air and lip service of politicians. You're taking a huge risk owning only fiat because giving the extreme levels of government and private debt worldwide, this experiment is likely to end soon.

If you want to invest, choose assets that are liquid and can't be inflated at will: Precious metals, certain stocks (obviously selection matters), and Bitcoin. If you have a long term perspective and a greater amount of cash you could also diversify into less liquid assets like forest properties (in addition to owning an inflation-protected property, you can get returns from wood sales).

Also, there is no easy way to become a successful investor. It's work. You have to inform yourself and stay informed. Most of all you have to be very critical of any information others will give you and do your own research. Invest in assets that are solid, but currently out of favor of the crowd. When investing, you should (at least to some degree) be able to control your emotions and stay rational as well.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:31:44 PM

USD is a good option.

I strongly disagree. Past performance is not an indicator of future gain. To the contrary, the biggest gains are made with investing in assets that have comparatively low valuations at the time of investment. Investing in something that is valued high (in the hope that the trend will continue) only increases risk.

I would not invest in any fiat currency. It's worthless debt money that can be inflated at will, backed by nothing other than thin air and lip service of politicians. You're taking a huge risk owning only fiat because giving the extreme levels of government and private debt worldwide, this experiment is likely to end soon.

If you want to invest, choose assets that are liquid and can't be inflated at will: Precious metals, certain stocks (obviously selection matters), and Bitcoin. If you have a long term perspective and a greater amount of cash you could also diversify into less liquid assets like forest properties (in addition to owning an inflation-protected property, you can get returns from wood sales).

Also, there is no easy way to become a successful investor. It's work. You have to inform yourself and stay informed. Most of all you have to be very critical of any information others will give you and do your own research. Invest in assets that are solid, but currently out of favor of the crowd. When investing, you should (at least to some degree) be able to control your emotions and stay rational as well.

ya.ya.yo!

How can you say that Bitcoins value would be more then USD in future? Future is uncertain and so Bitcoin is  You cannot be sure that Bitcoins will give you more returns in future. As USD is the strongest currency of all you can guarantee that you will not be at loss in future.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:46:55 PM

How can you say that Bitcoins value would be more then USD in future? Future is uncertain and so Bitcoin is  You cannot be sure that Bitcoins will give you more returns in future. As USD is the strongest currency of all you can guarantee that you will not be at loss in future.

Everything is uncertain. There's no guarantee that Bitcoin will increase in valuation.

There's also zero guarantee that USD will be "the strongest currency of all" in the future.

But, based on my own research it's much more likely that fiat currencies such as the USD will fail within our lifetimes. So in future, if you only held USD you may have the same amount of $$ in your hands, but you will not be able to buy the same amount of goods with it. All fiat is based on empty promises. Believing in government guarantees is dumb. Take a look at history.

(That said, the US economy is not healthy at all. Billions of USD  (with no backing) have been pumped into the system under the QE programs.)

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:06:58 PM

Everything is uncertain. There's no guarantee that Bitcoin will increase in valuation.

There's also zero guarantee that USD will be "the strongest currency of all" in the future.

But, based on my own research it's much more likely that fiat currencies such as the USD will fail within our lifetimes. So in future, if you only held USD you may have the same amount of $$ in your hands, but you will not be able to buy the same amount of goods with it. All fiat is based on empty promises. Believing in government guarantees is dumb. Take a look at history.

(That said, the US economy is not healthy at all. Billions of USD  (with no backing) have been pumped into the system under the QE programs.)

ya.ya.yo!

Ya that's true there is no guarantee that USD will be the strongest currency in future. So its better to invest in diversified products such as Gold, Stocks, Real Estate and Bitcoins even u go from losses in one product you can atleast cover the losses from other products.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:39:36 PM

ya.ya.yo!

Ya that's true there is no guarantee that USD will be the strongest currency in future. So its better to invest in diversified products such as Gold, Stocks, Real Estate and Bitcoins even u go from losses in one product you can atleast cover the losses from other products.

If you are talking about fiat money, I guess dollar will be the strongest in the future. But sure there is a risk too if you invest in dollar, but for now I guess bitcoin is still better than dollar because bitcoin is becoming mainstream in future
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:12:17 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

I would put my money on Bitcoin and Gold avoiding the Stock Market as Stock Market is very uncertain You earn a lot in a single day and you also loose everything in a single with nothing in a wallet. So its better to play safe and secure the amount invested.

USD is not an good option. I prefer investing in bitcoins Whatsoever the future is I don't care I think investing in bitcoin will prove profitable investment for me as compared to USD and If I wish to Diversify my investment then I would choose Gold ahead of USD.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:14:09 AM

But at least you know its real and you're not investing in some scheme. A agree that fiat is not the best investment, but there are much better things than altcoins.

real? fiat is less real than bitcoin actually, it's only good as a paper toilet, and bitcoin is not a scheme, fractional reverse, printing money everyday ecc, those are the real ponzi from which you must stay away
manselr
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:29:03 PM

As an american victim of the 2008 bailouts i concur that the euro is on the downside of its halflife.  make no mistake though, schauble is not negotiating just for fun. This will be a big writedown for the german banks and we know their addiction to taxpayer (my) money didn't go away with the last bailout.

Germany even tried to fund a fund after the last bailout to bailout the banks again for the next (this one) bailout. The pre-pay option didn't fly.

Greece will not back down and they should not. Go all iceland on their bankster eurocrat assses.
anonyymi

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:26:22 AM

Any fiat is a horrible investment due to their inflationary nature. Consider investing in stocks/bitcoin/gold.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:53:19 PM

Looking at present market situation I think USD is good but in future it will not be the same. I think it's better to invest in bitcoin or gold to make your future secure as the adoption of bitcoin will go high the prices of USD will be lower down so i think its not an good option to invest in USD.
oblivi

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:09:05 PM

USD is a good option.

ya.ya.yo!

Lol, do you really think USD is a good place to make gains? USD is destined to collapse if anything, or to stay stable if they can keep the scam running by printing more money for at least our lifetimes. But don't count on any gains. The green fields are on Bitcoin, not USD.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:24:54 PM

USD is a good option.

ya.ya.yo!

Lol, do you really think USD is a good place to make gains? USD is destined to collapse if anything, or to stay stable if they can keep the scam running by printing more money for at least our lifetimes. But don't count on any gains. The green fields are on Bitcoin, not USD.

Agreed. Investin in bitcoin at present would be definitely prove as a profitable investment in future. No doubt USD at present is on high peak but it wont be the same in the future as Fiat will loose its value in front of bitcoin once it starts gaining popularity across the globe.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

stromma44

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:26:39 AM

Whether you invest in USD or Bitcoin or may be gold,stocks, real estates etc. totally depends upon you and your decision. Invest in such a product which you are knowledgeable the most and you trust the most there is no guarantee that you will make profits or losses in future as market is uncertain.
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:37:41 AM

Tip #1: Start Investing – The Time To Invest Is Now

Millennials, here is the best advice you can get: “Buy low and sell high.”  Okay, I’m being facetious, but we are in the middle of the biggest sell off in years, and it is a perfect time to put a toe-in-the-water and start investing. The sky is not falling. This is a correction, mostly due to China’s economic slowdown and fears over climbing interest rates. The truth is that our economy is really recovering and the U.S. remains strong and sound. 

Tip #2: The Miracle Money Can’t Buy – Time

Millennials, you are young and you have time on your side. Even genius, Albert Einstein, is quoted to have said, “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world.  He who understands it, earns it…he who doesn’t…pays it.”

“During the 20th century the stock market returned an average of 10.4% a year.  Just $1,000 invested in 1900 would be worth over $19.8 million by the end of 1999.  At a 15% average return per year, it only takes 30 years to turn $15,000 to $1 million.” I’m not saying that we will average 10% returns, but we may.  Millennials, suppose you wanted to start to save now for that new home.  The US average sales price for a new home on July 31, 2015 was $361,600.  That means that the 20% down payment you would probably need is $72,320.  If you invested $160 a week for 7 years and that compounded annually at 7%, according to Bankrate’s calculator, before taxes, you would earn $74,542. The real miracle comes in if you increased the return to 8% and did the same $160 a week, but for 30 years, that’s where you approach the $1,000,000 mark.

Tip #3: Buy What You Know

You know what clothes and shoes you wear, you know what electronics you use, you know what you eat, and you know what media you watch and follow.  Those should be your picks for investing.  This is not a new philosophy.  Peter Lynch professed this and it helped to guide Fidelity’s Magellan Fund from 1977 to 1990, during which time the Funds’ assets grew from $20 million to $14 billion. More recently, investment great, Chuck Carnevale basically professes the same philosophy.  I suggest that parents, when they first introduce their young children to the world of investing, take their kids on a walk through the grocery store and start to talk about the products they buy and why.

Millennials, just take a stroll through the grocery store of your life and you can figure out your own portfolio. The key is to buy and hold your stock regardless of what news you hear in the media and what “great advice” your roommate gives you about a “hot tip.”  Stay your course, make weekly investing a habit and you should do fine.

Tip #4: Make It Simple

The Goldman Sachs survey further revealed that, “About 43 percent of the survey participants said they wouldn’t spend more than an hour getting guidance on an investment, while 13 percent of them said they wouldn’t seek out advice at all.” According to Capital One Investing, in the CNNMoney report, “… young investors are more likely to go it alone when it comes to investing. Eighty-seven percent of millennials say they trust themselves to make investing decisions on their own compared with 68% of seniors.”

You are the mobile generation and there are online and mobile investing platforms that are easy to use and low cost. I work with a company called DriveWealth. They are a broker-dealer who gives low cost access and education to Millennials, who want to get started investing in the stock market. You get to make your own investment decisions.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:59:38 AM

For me it is a no.  I would not invest on USD.  I would invest in commodities like oil, gold,silver, and copper.  And of course bitcoin!  These commodities have been in the market for a long long time now and gurantees everyone to have an income.  Same thing with bitcoin that shows a promising future in investment. 
raja2sumi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:25:55 AM

I think u should invest in .try to invest as soon as possible .as the price is low and it will grow eventually and to a hreat extend .thats y dont worry ,just do it right away.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: