Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinion on . . .  (Read 776 times)
solunae (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:12:10 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 05:35:56 PM by solunae

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:49:54 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 09:03:52 PM by kodtycoon

Xem is by far the most promising out of those three in my opinion.. The most talented, honest and passionate devs iv seen in crypto. Here some good reading on nem.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113839/nem-launches-targets-old-economy-with-proof-of-importance

http://allcoinsnews.com/2015/04/07/nem-qa/

http://blog.nem.io/press-release/

I can fully assure you it's not a scam. Smiley

If you would like I can add you to telegram and you can talk to the devs and others in the community? Telegram is the reason there isn't much activity on bitcointalk thread or nemforum.

Nxt is a pretty good crypto and was the coin I strongly supported prior to nem, but a few factors resulted in me supporting nem instead. They(Nxt) have the best tech in the game (for now) but that isn't always enough. Nems security, usability, distribution, phenomenal dev team and tech advancements are what swayed me over to nem and away from nxt.

Stellar is a clone of ripple afaik, and I thinks aims to be more of a banking infrastructure type of network.. Also has some of its own issues though due to it being a clone of ripple and actually started by the same guy that started ripple who owns a ton of ripple(conflicting interests) so I havnt looked into it a huge amount.

Hope that helps some, and don't take my word for on any of this, seek second opinions Smiley of course my opinion is going to be somewhat biased Cheesy

And just to point out, none of the three are scams.. They all have promise but for varying reasons and to differening extents. Smiley

Tip: read people's post history to get an idea of their character. It can be very telling Wink

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Chew Kok

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:56:31 PM

Hello guys, although I have just registered here I have been holding some cryptocurrencies for a while now. (Starting in mid 2013)
I've never got the tech-side aspects though and never stepped into altcoins (except for LTC and DOGE), as I never actually saw them as anything else but pump and dump ripoffs.
So lately I have sold all my DOGE for BTC and have been looking for some Alts that will take the place in my holdings (long term).
After reading a lot of threads on this board I pretty much pinned it down on NxT, XEM and Stellar.
The Problem I see is that I read scam here, scam there, in every thread. It's like a common catchphrase on this board.
This makes it hard for people like me, which don't have as much knowledge about cryptos to actually decide where to get into the market.

So, please excuse if there have been threads like this already, but can you give me your (honest) opinion on NxT, XEM, Stellar and possibly others, which you may recommend for a long term holding?
I know there is no promise that any of these will be paying off, nor I expect any of you to tell me the future, but I'd like to have some more knowingly opinions than mine.

Thanks in advance.  Smiley

So you read a lot of threads and saw scam here, scam there. See this place as a pump and dump, and never got the tech stuff? But you want advice from more "knowingly opinions" than yours?  A contradictory or self-defeating course of action come to mind? "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:20:36 AM

Hello guys, although I have just registered here I have been holding some cryptocurrencies for a while now. (Starting in mid 2013)
I've never got the tech-side aspects though and never stepped into altcoins (except for LTC and DOGE), as I never actually saw them as anything else but pump and dump ripoffs.
So lately I have sold all my DOGE for BTC and have been looking for some Alts that will take the place in my holdings (long term).
After reading a lot of threads on this board I pretty much pinned it down on NxT, XEM and Stellar.
The Problem I see is that I read scam here, scam there, in every thread. It's like a common catchphrase on this board.
This makes it hard for people like me, which don't have as much knowledge about cryptos to actually decide where to get into the market.

So, please excuse if there have been threads like this already, but can you give me your (honest) opinion on NxT, XEM, Stellar and possibly others, which you may recommend for a long term holding?
I know there is no promise that any of these will be paying off, nor I expect any of you to tell me the future, but I'd like to have some more knowingly opinions than mine.

Thanks in advance.  Smiley

Nxt: could be around for a little longer
XEM: depends. Too early to say. Could go both directions pretty quickly
Stellar: probably not technically mature yet

Recommendation: follow link in my signature. Uno is a simple and easy to use coin without much bells and whistles. It's about store of value and good medium of exchange. Money-theory, you know? What's a super innovative coin worth when it has a high inflation?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:26:26 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 02:45:17 AM by tokeweed

Thanks in advance.  Smiley

Just read up on them yourself and make your own decision.  I made a thread that hopefully could help you.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045967.0

Tip...  Always refer back to the charts and be mindful of volume.  If the chart looks bad, with prices going down or no volume, don't get in.  No matter how "good" the "tech" is, trading/investing is still a risky endeavor.  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:03:37 PM

I recommend taking a look at AppleByte, the digital currency supporting the arts. Like Doge it is a coin focused on building a real user community, which I believe is what gives a coin longterm potential.

AppleByte has 67,000+ followers on social media, tipping on twitter, a music download site where musicians can sell their songs for AppleByte and supported 700+ artists so far.

Coingecko ranks AppleByte as 5th in terms of community size and engagement (Doge is 3rd).

I believe it makes an excellent longterm community. Check it out:

Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

AppleByte (ABY) is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:39:38 PM

Just read up on them yourself and make your own decision.  I made a thread that hopefully could help you.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045967.0

Tip...  Always refer back to the charts and be mindful of volume.  If the chart looks bad, with prices going down or no volume, don't get in.  No matter how "good" the "tech" is, trading/investing is still a risky endeavor.  

Probably this is the best advice what you can get here. Don't follow anyone and anything without doing your own research first. Good advice in the right time is a really rare thing here.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 12:24:39 AM

So you read a lot of threads and saw scam here, scam there. See this place as a pump and dump, and never got the tech stuff? But you want advice from more "knowingly opinions" than yours?  A contradictory or self-defeating course of action come to mind? "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

"Hold on honey, not now.  Some guy needs help and I'm going to give him some of Daddy's special metaphors."

"Oh, Chew Kok, why don't you ever avoid my questions with vague philosophical anecdotes...take me now!"
Chew Kok

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:02:41 AM

"Hold on honey, not now.  Some guy needs help and I'm going to give him some of Daddy's special metaphors."

"Oh, Chew Kok, why don't you ever avoid my questions with vague philosophical anecdotes...take me now!"

Asking a bunch of inmates in a prison how to be an upright citizen is self defeating. Therefore, one can speak of contradictions between actions when one presumes that their motives contradict each other. Metaphor? Oh... I see why it was vague.
Chew Kok

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:09:53 AM

OBAViJEST... I just read your post history. Had to make a meme just for you.

Chew Kok

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:16:58 AM

Chew Kok

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:22:49 AM

Who next want Chew Kok?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 06:03:35 AM

You're going to hear scam, because 90% of everything is crap. 90% of every alt is not necessarily a scam, but  for your purposes, what difference does it make whether the coin is a scam or a lost cause; you'll get the same result.

Here's just a suggestion. Imagine where you want to be. Set a goal. Write yourself a check for certain dollar amount you have in mind, imagine your dream house, your dream way of life, whatever--it just has to be firm in your mind and imaginable and what you believe you really want. Once you've done that and feel confident in where you want to be heading, you should be open for the changes you need to make to get there-- and if it's investing in an alt, cool. If it's not, go with it. It should be easy (not hand-out easy, but not fighting up-stream difficult), enjoyable, and be consistent with you are. As Joseph Campbell was fond of saying, "Follow your Bliss...."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: