Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help - Ransomware has stolen my files and I need to pay in BitCoins  (Read 3884 times)
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 11:21:40 PM

They are related, TeslaCrypt appears to be a direvative of Cryptolocker.

Here's a post detailing how to decrypt it:

http://blogs.cisco.com/security/talos/teslacrypt

Quoting from that very same post (which had already been linked by grue above, BTW):

At the first glance, the dropper appears to be related to the original CryptoLocker.
As we shall see, that statement is not entirely accurate.

Also, for Bromium Labs:

The similarity between the original CryptoLocker and this instance is negligible (~8% according to BinDiff). So it would seem the attackers are just re-using the brand.
Mr. Burns

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:00:53 AM

Hello

To say I'm a noob is an understatement.

I need your help.  My work at home computer is infected by the TeslaCrypt virus, and after trying everything I can think of I had decided to pay the bleeping ransom to get back all the work I have lost.  Except that getting my hands on some bitcoins is not that easy, apparently.

Look, I just want to pay market value from paypal or my mastercard and buy 2.5 bitcoins.  I had no idea it would be so difficult.

I signed up at localbitcoins.com because that is what was suggested by the hackers.  But nobody there will sell me 2.5 bitcoins and they want a crazy amount more than market value for them.  So instead of $550 it's going to cost more like $1000.

I can't afford that.  I'm probably going to lose my job if I can't get these files back.  It's months of work.  I'm about to fall off the wagon here, I need help.

What is the safest way for me to buy some bitcoin, quickly, to satisfy the demands of this hacker?

Can I buy them anywhere that accepts credit cards and will that "address" work for ransom demander?

Please help me

Thanks

TB

First of all.  There's no guarantee that you'll get your files decrypted even after paying.. 
abcdefgxyzabc

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:36:18 AM

Frankly I would not trust the op.  He refused to meet with  danny h.  Strong chance he is looking to con someone to take a fake cc or paypal.

Also he could be a signature shill. Posting a topic to allow people in signature campaigns to post here with legit answers.

I won't post again.  And I do not believe him as he would not meet with danny h.

Also classic excuse I forgot to backup my files.  Feel sorry for him and send him a coin that he charges on his cc and good luck to you.

Thanks for advice I will leave thread alone after this post aswell.

I found it hard to believe he did not backup important files.  The last company I worked for I know pushed backing up important files.  It was stressed very much to use the network drive.  We also had a enterprise anti-virus that forced you to update in background, so most computers did not get infected unless very very early after the malware release.

Toddball? Is he back? http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=602957
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: