Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-04-25] BREAKING: CRYPTSY OWNS ‘HYPER STAKING’ PAYCOIN PRIME CONTROLLER  (Read 1263 times)
unamis76 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:32:31 PM

http://www.miningpool.co.uk/breaking-cryptsy-owns-hyper-staking-paycoin-prime-controller/

During a community hangout organized by the Paycoin Foundation, a surprise announcement was made that one Prime Controller is being held by digital currency exchange Cryptsy. The transaction was also posted about on the Paycointalk forums. According to that post, it seems plausible that the Prime Controller was given to get Cryptsy to update to the new Paycoin wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaneki

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:13:47 PM

This news is quite surprising,If Cryptsy is able to stake at a rate higher than any other non Prime Controller holder and can instantly convert Paycoin to Bitcoin within its own system, the conflicts of interest quickly add up.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:20:03 PM

This news is quite surprising,If Cryptsy is able to stake at a rate higher than any other non Prime Controller holder and can instantly convert Paycoin to Bitcoin within its own system, the conflicts of interest quickly add up.

Good thing we are in an unregulated market, otherwise that might have been illegal...

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:16:10 PM

I'm surprised that Paycoin is still a thing.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:36:00 PM

Paycoin is a slow-train-wreck "thing" with a large crowd gathered to watch the disaster explode and burn.
I read Cryptsy claims the coins are to help "the community", but I don't think that was a complete, official statement.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:52:06 PM

Paycoin is a slow-train-wreck "thing" with a large crowd gathered to watch the disaster explode and burn.

That's a pretty funny and accurate statement for a lot of what we see across some of the alt communities these days. The interesting factor lies in that so many people get sucked into so many sideshows when all they have to do is play it smart and just lock up their bitcoins and continue putting a portion of their paychecks into it going forward. That is the most simplest thing any new person can do besides following these alts down their rabbit holes and thinking they've done their research on the next best thing to bitcoin. So many lessons have to be learned.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:04:55 AM

That's a pretty funny and accurate statement for a lot of what we see across some of the alt communities these days. The interesting factor lies in that so many people get sucked into so many sideshows when all they have to do is play it smart and just lock up their bitcoins and continue putting a portion of their paychecks into it going forward. That is the most simplest thing any new person can do besides following these alts down their rabbit holes and thinking they've done their research on the next best thing to bitcoin. So many lessons have to be learned.

"Funny"  == Thanks  Smiley
I actually like (trading) some altcoins: First, if Bitcoin hits it big, then there will be room in the marketplace for a least a few alts to grow.
Second, some of the "better ones" are great for trading (not 'investing') if you place your buy orders low enough.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:22:45 AM

[/quot
"Funny"  == Thanks  Smiley
I actually like (trading) some altcoins: First, if Bitcoin hits it big, then there will be room in the marketplace for a least a few alts to grow.
Second, some of the "better ones" are great for trading (not 'investing') if you place your buy orders low enough.

Oh, I agree and have made some decent increments of btc by pooping around in the flea market coins in the past. I'm just tired of it at this point and am looking for the bear season to come to an official end. The final slaying should net a fine carcass to lay on with a fine woman that any prominent bull has stashed away on the side.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:50:39 PM

I'm not surprised at all. This is very much Cryptsy's style.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 11:30:50 PM

That's not good, looks like cryptsy's days are numbered if they pull more shit like this.
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:09:53 AM

What are the conflicts of interest? Sorry, it's not obvious to me. I have limited knowledge of Paycoin.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 12:31:58 AM

What are the conflicts of interest? Sorry, it's not obvious to me. I have limited knowledge of Paycoin.

Paycoin is a cryptocurrency that was devised by GAW Miners who you may have heard of but if you haven't they perpetrated some major fraud through their cloud mining service and Paycoin is part of their scam, they guranteed that there price would stay above a certain point 0.01 - 0.02? Can't remember the exact price, but anyway the promised price was riduculous and it was an obvious pump and dump scheme that they were running.

These guys ran around scamming everybody including the electricity companies that powered their cloud mining, so naturally anyone that deliberately chooses to stick with them after that is going to look incredibly suspicious.
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:41:18 AM

Paycoin is a cryptocurrency that was devised by GAW Miners who you may have heard of but if you haven't they perpetrated some major fraud through their cloud mining service and Paycoin is part of their scam, they guranteed that there price would stay above a certain point 0.01 - 0.02? Can't remember the exact price, but anyway the promised price was riduculous and it was an obvious pump and dump scheme that they were running.

These guys ran around scamming everybody including the electricity companies that powered their cloud mining, so naturally anyone that deliberately chooses to stick with them after that is going to look incredibly suspicious.

I am aware of the whole Paycoin saga, and I understand that Prime Controllers earn up to 350% in PoS mining, but what specifically is Cryptsy's conflict of interest?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: