Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert to fiat anonymously?  (Read 3156 times)
Albert Hamilton

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:09:19 AM

I have thought about Localbitcoins, meeting with an actual person and getting the cash, but that is annoying as hell, I want to be able to withdraw money from an ATM instantly, without depending on some random person being available that may or not rob you.

I've thought about mixing, but I have no idea how that works and i have no idea if that even solves the problem.

You may use mixer, but that would actually bring in more trouble to you. Because the coins that comes out of mixer are mostly traced back to some notorious source. If you can find any mixer that gives out freshly mined coins, that is a deal for you.

Once you get your coins, use www.localbitcoins.com or www.100bit.co.in for directly sell those coins. Do not need to meet anyone personally. Sell online. Just avoid to good to be true offers. That's all. It is super easy Smiley
The bank would know you received a transfer
what is the biggest amount of BTC to sell before it becomes a problem and raises alarm for the bank?

this still sucks compared to withdrawing cash from an ATM instantly.

When you withdraw cash from ATM, your pic remains in CCTV. But, when your are selling directly to someone, bank does not get to know for what he is paying you. There is no way bank can co-relate the transaction with your bitcoin unless the person you are trading with is reporting himself, which is very unlikely.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:15:20 AM

I have thought about Localbitcoins, meeting with an actual person and getting the cash, but that is annoying as hell, I want to be able to withdraw money from an ATM instantly, without depending on some random person being available that may or not rob you.

I've thought about mixing, but I have no idea how that works and i have no idea if that even solves the problem.

You may use mixer, but that would actually bring in more trouble to you. Because the coins that comes out of mixer are mostly traced back to some notorious source. If you can find any mixer that gives out freshly mined coins, that is a deal for you.

Once you get your coins, use www.localbitcoins.com or www.100bit.co.in for directly sell those coins. Do not need to meet anyone personally. Sell online. Just avoid to good to be true offers. That's all. It is super easy Smiley
The bank would know you received a transfer
what is the biggest amount of BTC to sell before it becomes a problem and raises alarm for the bank?

this still sucks compared to withdrawing cash from an ATM instantly.

When you withdraw cash from ATM, your pic remains in CCTV. But, when your are selling directly to someone, bank does not get to know for what he is paying you. There is no way bank can co-relate the transaction with your bitcoin unless the person you are trading with is reporting himself, which is very unlikely.

but they know that you've withdrawn from an atm, and they will ask you where that amount was used for, if it was a big amount, otherwise they usually don't bother with anything below 1k(this is different from country to country)
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:59:54 PM

You can try using localbitcoins and ask people to send you money via moneygram, or you can also use https://bit-x.com which you can find the link in my signature, they have an awesome debit card which you can use to withdraw cash in atms or use in pos and shop online. Cheers!
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:20:46 PM

One on one trading is always a good choice, however you will get a fair bit of markup.

I use Gyft and get gift cards for BTC. That's anonymous.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 09:27:09 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 09:53:30 PM by Beliathon

I just dont know why satoshi made the blockchain like this.
Following the money is much easier on the blockchain than it is with fiat, that's by design. Transparency is a vital characteristic of any functional public ledger. Satoshi's design decisions will be easier to understand after Bitcoin adoption increases a few more orders of magnitude, when any technically literate individual will be able to monitor the ledger, track, and publicize the wealth movements of the world's socioeconomic elite. The jig is up for all the crooks at the top. It's going to be the printing press all over again, only this time it'll be banksters and politicians getting the boot instead of feudal royal families and their sworn Lords, insofar as there is any difference. I hear you thinking, "but why would the elites use Bitcoin when they have their own legitimate currencies they can freely print?", and my reply is that the days of indulging governments with misplaced trust are numbered.

This was Satoshi's true genius, s/he has hard-coded an unstoppable revolution. A proverbial doomsday clock for the masters of the financial universe that began counting down the moment the genesis block was mined.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:29:50 PM

I just dont know why satoshi made the blockchain like this.
Following the money is much easier on the blockchain than it is with fiat, that's by design. Transparency is a vital characteristic of any functional public ledger. Satoshi's design decisions will be easier to understand after Bitcoin adoption increases a few more orders of magnitude, when any technically literate individual will be able to monitor the ledger, track, and publicize the wealth movements of the world's socioeconomic elite. The jig is up for all the crooks at the top. It's going to be the printing press all over again, only this time it'll be banksters and politicians getting the boot instead of feudal royal families and their sworn Lords, insofar as there is any difference. I hear you thinking, "but why would the elites use Bitcoin when they have their own legitimate currencies they can freely print?", and my reply is that the days of indulging governments with misplaced trust are numbered.

This was Satoshi's true genius, s/he has hard-coded an unstoppable revolution. A proverbial doomsday clock for the masters of the financial universe that began counting down the moment the genesis block was mined.

That sounds good, but its far fetched to think Bitcoin is going to replace any national currencies. Besides that, there is always mixers etc, they would take measures to anonimize their movements.
slava_smith

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:53:15 PM

However the process of spending the Gyft cards is not truly anonymous. For example you can buy a $2000 Amazon card from Gyft fairly anonymously, but when you use it to purchase items you could possibly leave some kind of trail back to you.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:51:56 PM

But as long as you give your phone number,you are not anonymous anymore,
The only method is to exchange it in person fiat transactions, electronics always leaves tracks
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:36:40 PM

However the process of spending the Gyft cards is not truly anonymous. For example you can buy a $2000 Amazon card from Gyft fairly anonymously, but when you use it to purchase items you could possibly leave some kind of trail back to you.

Good point.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:38:25 PM

Go to a BTC meetup. Those happen in many countries, and declare you have BTC for sale right away.

Let's say you made some money through faucets, signature campaign, whatever, and you have 5 BTC.

Not sure how much of a newbie you are, but you'll never make 5 BTC through faucets and signature campaigns. You'll have to work to get that much, or buy them at an exchange.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:29:55 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 11:18:16 AM by smooth

To someone inexperienced with Bitcoin trading I do not recommend moneygram or western union or any of those things. Meet someone in person at a public place like a cafe, physically get the cash, and transfer the coins. For a few hundred dollars you aren't going to get robbed unless maybe you are in a very bad part of town.

The far bigger risk is trying to do something that doesn't involve cash being placed into your hand and getting scammed somehow where you transfer the coins and don't end up with the payment.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:34:07 PM

Not sure how much of a newbie you are, but you'll never make 5 BTC through faucets and signature campaigns. You'll have to work to get that much, or buy them at an exchange.

Its true about faucet but I think signature campaign can earn that lot. Let say if you get 0.4 per week then 2.5 month should be 1 btc so you do signature campaign for around 12.5 months then you will get it, and its a long way to go but he really can have it like that and here I didnt count others that you collected it from the start you using bitcoin may be you can get 5 btc lower than 12.5 months
uininPeter

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:36:27 PM

I think you can get 5BTC through sig campaigns. Buy some accounts, sign up, and get working! Treat it like a job! Faucets on the other hand are worthless for the most part.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:06:07 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 06:53:09 PM by TippingPoint

Trading is done with another human.  Find a localbitcoins dealer near you with a good reputation.  Tell him how many Bitcoin you want to trade, and determine his exchange rate.  Meet him in a location with wifi.  Show him your Bitcoin balance in your wallet.  Ask him to show you the fiat.  If you are still concerned, ask to do the trade incrementally.  You send him some Bitcoin, he pays you some cash.  (it is easier if you always deal in round numbers of fiat, and determine the fractional Bitcoin equivalent, rather than the other way around) Repeat if necessary.

That is trading Bitcoin for fiat, the way nature intended it.

visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:07:31 PM

localbitcoins or a bitcoin ATM

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

imamanandyou

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:00:23 PM

Another option is that you could buy some commodity with your btc at a brick and mortar vendor and then sell that commodity. It would be a lot of work and youd probably lose some but you could probably do it 100% anonymously!

MikeCorleone

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:05:17 PM

localbitcoins or a bitcoin ATM

Bitcoin ATMs comply with KYC / AML, they still need your photo and fingerprint and a copy of your driver's license.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: