Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:59:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QTZ] Quartz - SHA - hiPOS!  (Read 26628 times)
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 02:46:26 AM

Got my first stake 125 coins.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuartzDev (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:03:58 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 04:52:26 AM by QuartzDev

This guy on twitter : https://twitter.com/quartz_io
Is a fake, this is bogus and is not related to the development on this project.
Our real twitter than we have setup is here: https://twitter.com/QuartzCurrency
Please follow this new one and stay tuned for updates and announcements.

We have only been live for one day and still want to make sure the transition into POS is smooth, we will post updates and announcements through twitter before these threads are notified.
Thanks for all the hash on launch guys, it was epic!
Toadz

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:15:43 AM

Mac Wallet?? Cheesy
SIX3P0

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:46:11 AM

This guy on twitter : https://twitter.com/quartz_io
Is a fake, this is bogus and is not related to the development on this project.
Our real twitter than we have setup is here: https://twitter.com/QuartzCurrency
Please follow this new one and stay tuned for updates and announcements.

We have only been live for one day and still want to make sure the transition into POS is smooth, we will post updates and announcements through twitter before these threads are notified.
Thanks for all the hash on launch guys, it was epic!

First post by dev =)...page 11, right after dump.
Good job so far making sure the transition into POS is smooth...after no one was able to stake until after aprox 500 blocks and got no response from you
QuartzDev (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:50:23 AM

No one feed the trolls.

luckybreak

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:09:41 AM

DEV, can you tell us what are your plans ? You did not provide any information...
Herbalconfusion

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:40:52 AM

DEV, can you tell us what are your plans ? You did not provide any information...

His plan is for him and all his friends to get cheap coins and then sell them back higher.

The same plan with nearly every coin. Will it work out?...This is the real question to be asking.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:53:01 AM

His plan is for him and all his friends to get cheap coins and then sell them back higher.

The same plan with nearly every coin. Will it work out?...This is the real question to be asking.

The real question is why are some of you in crypto at all? How about you dry those eyes and join in with everyone else instead?
Herbalconfusion

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:41:50 AM

The real question is why are some of you in crypto at all? How about you dry those eyes and join in with everyone else instead?

To make money on crypto markets. Thats why im here. No shame. Good luck with ur paycoinzzz
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:10:07 AM

It's been a while?  These are almost daily at the moment.

Really? I must be both deaf and blind  Shocked
I thought (hope) the era of scam coins was over by now  Sad

People really don't know what the word scam means. Selling an IPO and then running with the money would be a scam. One of those hasn't happened since the bathrobe guy.

I agree that there is different levels of scams, the scenario with selling an IPO is fraud, you can go to jail for that.

Making a pump and dumb coin is also a scam in my book, nobody really belive that QTZ will be the payment system of tomorrow - everybody know that this is about getting as many coins as possible and dump them at the right time, nobody is buying in to hold this for a long time (+10 years). Its only about who gets the coins and sell them at the right time. There will be many loosers but only a few winners.

This this coin is designed for this sole purpose, hoping some venture cryptocoiners will buy in, and get punished for their greed, thus making it a scam. 
EdvinZ

Merit: 260

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:15:08 AM

It's been a while?  These are almost daily at the moment.

Really? I must be both deaf and blind  Shocked
I thought (hope) the era of scam coins was over by now  Sad

People really don't know what the word scam means. Selling an IPO and then running with the money would be a scam. One of those hasn't happened since the bathrobe guy.

I agree that there is different levels of scams, the scenario with selling an IPO is fraud, you can go to jail for that.

Making a pump and dumb coin is also a scam in my book, nobody really belive that QTZ will be the payment system of tomorrow - everybody know that this is about getting as many coins as possible and dump them at the right time, nobody is buying in to hold this for a long time (+10 years). Its only about who gets the coins and sell them at the right time. There will be many loosers but only a few winners.

This this coin is designed for this sole purpose, hoping some venture cryptocoiners will buy in, and get punished for their greed, thus making it a scam.  
Man, I see you came to buy QTZ and want to cause some panic for weak hands Wink

Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:44:24 AM

I think if you look at investing for profit in general; players are in the game to make as much profit as possible, typically in the shortest possible time frame. (Leaving long term investments/nest eggs/IRA/401Ks aside - as those aren't "active investments" - rather passive/long term/personal insurance policies).

Real estate, stocks, currency trading, bonds, futures, options, commodities, the list goes on - to quote you "It's all about who gets the (fill in the blank--coin--land--future--stock ipo--) at the right price and sells them at the right time. There will be many losers and few winners."

Long term investments are an important part of an investment portfolio. Altcoins; none of them-- are "long term" investments. The entire crypto-currency industry is still too new to even know if any coin - even Bitcoin; will be here in 2, 3, let alone 10 years.

Altcoins are a playground for ideas, experimentation, and speculation-- many will call it pump and dump/scam coins; but let's not forget coins like Doge... Which was created as a joke and turned into a huge market cap, brand, and icon of the entire industry.

Altcoins are a platform for innovation. For testing ideas. For testing the market. For seeing what works and what doesn't. A place to see what the users will embrace and flock towards, or what users will find no interest in or see no utility of a said's coin's concept. And it is anyone's right to willing decide to become a "Dev"- launch a coin-- put it out there-- and see if people buy in.

As for Quartz. It is meerly a player within this highly volitile; here today, gone the next battlefield which we all willingly chose to be a part of.

While there are in fact scams; where people are defrauded-- they are lied to-- they are cheated-- the code is rigged-- yes this does happen, and it's a shame. Actual fraud should be investigated and put to a stop. But I don't see proof of that here. I see a project that's a soft launch- but it looks like they are doing things (logo has been updated-- thankfully for them).

While I have nothing to do with Quartz other than I mined a bit; as I did Neutron, Sling, Enigma, all of these little micro-coins that have had quick ninja launches-- I do think it's unfair to label it a scam coin-- or label the dev's as anything but new players in the field.

Anyone-- everyone here reading this, has the right to learn how to code, launch, and market a coin all on their own. As long as their is no intent to defraud, no hidden code, or hidden premines/block rewards - it's fair game; and investors know the risks going in.

I have been shocked on more than one, more than ten, more than-- you get the point... occasion to see a little nothing coin have a very low key launch; and end up going up up up... Amazing sometimes just how high these currencies can go. To see a little nothing coin go from 1000 satoshis to 25,000 satoshis with 500 btc in volume on Bittrex-- coins all now long forgotten.

Yes. Some people will get burned. Some people will win big.

Do your homework. Diversify. Don't risk what you can't afford to lose. And choose wisely.

Let's see where Quartz goes.

Strato
EdvinZ

Merit: 260

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:51:15 AM

I think if you look at investing for profit in general; players are in the game to make as much profit as possible, typically in the shortest possible time frame. (Leaving long term investments/nest eggs/IRA/401Ks aside - as those aren't "active investments" - rather passive/long term/personal insurance policies).

Real estate, stocks, currency trading, bonds, futures, options, commodities, the list goes on - to quote you "It's all about who gets the (fill in the blank--coin--land--future--stock ipo--) at the right price and sells them at the right time. There will be many losers and few winners."

Long term investments are an important part of an investment portfolio. Altcoins; none of them-- are "long term" investments. The entire crypto-currency industry is still too new to even know if any coin - even Bitcoin; will be here in 2, 3, let alone 10 years.

Altcoins are a playground for ideas, experimentation, and speculation-- many will call it pump and dump/scam coins; but let's not forget coins like Doge... Which was created as a joke and turned into a huge market cap, brand, and icon of the entire industry.

Altcoins are a platform for innovation. For testing ideas. For testing the market. For seeing what works and what doesn't. A place to see what the users will embrace and flock towards, or what users will find no interest in or see no utility of a said's coin's concept. And it is anyone's right to willing decide to become a "Dev"- launch a coin-- put it out there-- and see if people buy in.

As for Quartz. It is meerly a player within this highly volitile; here today, gone the next battlefield which we all willingly chose to be a part of.

While there are in fact scams; where people are defrauded-- they are lied to-- they are cheated-- the code is rigged-- yes this does happen, and it's a shame. Actual fraud should be investigated and put to a stop. But I don't see proof of that here. I see a project that's a soft launch- but it looks like they are doing things (logo has been updated-- thankfully for them).

While I have nothing to do with Quartz other than I mined a bit; as I did Neutron, Sling, Enigma, all of these little micro-coins that have had quick ninja launches-- I do think it's unfair to label it a scam coin-- or label the dev's as anything but new players in the field.

Anyone-- everyone here reading this, has the right to learn how to code, launch, and market a coin all on their own. As long as their is no intent to defraud, no hidden code, or hidden premines/block rewards - it's fair game; and investors know the risks going in.

I have been shocked on more than one, more than ten, more than-- you get the point... occasion to see a little nothing coin have a very low key launch; and end up going up up up... Amazing sometimes just how high these currencies can go. To see a little nothing coin go from 1000 satoshis to 25,000 satoshis with 500 btc in volume on Bittrex-- coins all now long forgotten.

Do your homework. Diversify. Don't risk what you can't afford to lose. And choose wisely.

Strato

Dude, it should have been written in red capital letters, I suggest you to buy QTZ now, because Bittrex for this coin may be a surprise, then you have to buy at 5K sat, because it will be the minimum price for this promising coin. She once went on 3 exchanges. Bittrex, and possibly Cryptsy and Poloniex already on the way.

VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:56:54 AM

Strato

Dude, it should have been written in red capital letters, I suggest you to buy QTZ now, because Bittrex for this coin may be a surprise, then you have to buy at 5K sat, because it will be the minimum price for this promising coin. She once went on 3 exchanges. Bittrex, and possibly Cryptsy and Poloniex already on the way.

Very well said to the both of you
Scamalert

Activity: 490

Captain

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:58:14 AM

I see your point Stratobitz . My intention was not to spread FUD. Sorry about that. QTZ is what its is. Nothing more nothing less. And as pointed out, there have been far more shady coins out there. People should do with their funds as they like. I think your formulation about altcoins being a playground is true. I saw a funny meme the other day, it was something like "Nerds became market analysit - since 2009"

Honestly the logo caught my attention, the LTC with QTZ on top, thought it was a little too quick and dirty (I will not use the word scam again). I have not been involved in altcoins for a long time, I am actually thinking about getting a few Spread coins, since the concept is refreshing new. But that is another topic.

Good luck to all with QTZ.
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:14:57 AM

I see your point Stratobitz . My intention was not to spread FUD. Sorry about that. QTZ is what its is. Nothing more nothing less. And as pointed out, there have been far more shady coins out there. People should do with their funds as they like. I think your formulation about altcoins being a playground is true. I saw a funny meme the other day, it was something like "Nerds became market analysit - since 2009"

Honestly the logo caught my attention, the LTC with QTZ on top, thought it was a little too quick and dirty (I will not use the word scam again). I have not been involved in altcoins for a long time, I am actually thinking about getting a few Spread coins, since the concept is refreshing new. But that is another topic.

Good luck to all with QTZ.

It's no worries. I think the community in general is of course on high alert-- with good reason. The recent $BT incident is reason enough for people to be cautious.

But I also think that our community really needs to take a step back from the false labeling, or premature labeling of crypto-products as scams or frauds; because more often than not-- truthfully; most often; the judgement and negative label is in fact incorrect; and is based solely on the marketability merits; or whether or not the coin is a "clone" -- ALL altcoins are clones-- of Bitcoin. They are all based on 0.00000000 -- eight decimal places. Every Alt is a clone. Every alt.

Going back to my original point-- in a free market it's anyone's right to create; market; launch; and sell a product-- a cryptocurrency, here in our community.

And just because a coin is direct copy/clone or has terrible marketing, or lack of information-- doesn't make it a case of fraud. It might just be a poor product. And in a free market the poor products are weeded out, and the great products rise to the top.

But again no worries. Who know's where Quartz is headed-- or what the Dev team will announce tomorrow, next week, or never. Right?

Strato
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:30:17 AM

Another Smooth Transition.

Herbalconfusion

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:23:38 PM

Another Smooth Transition.

very nice
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 03:08:53 PM

Please help out with some retweets.  I would like to have a hint of what is coming.  I believe this would help some eyes of the larger volume exchanges.  Grin

will1988

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:13:56 PM

No block explorer = scam
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: