Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:03:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-08-27 micronationhistory.info - Plan announced for exchanging micronational  (Read 906 times)
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 03:52:42 AM

Well this is a little off the beaten track, but micronations are a fascinating idea, even if they do seem pie-in-the-sky.
Perhaps the way I currently view micronations and their currencies is how the wider community sees Bitcoin though.. so I'll keep an open mind Smiley

Plan announced for exchanging micronational currency for Bitcoins

Liam Sinclair
2012-08-27

http://micronationhistory.info/?p=3273

BASTION UNION (CS) – For those micronationalists holding currency in the Standardized Currency and Unified Economy (SCUE) bank wanting to make their micronational currency go further, micronational company JeCom International is planning to offer Bitcoins in exchange.

The initiative has been well received so far in the community, having been praised as innovative. Said Veen in response to the positive reception, “our virtual economy now has a link with the real world economy.”

I could find very little information on "SCUE" but the following link gives the basic idea.

http://apollopolis.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=market&action=display&thread=14

6. No currency can be created or destroyed by the signatory nations, except in the manner outlined here and in section 7. Each new signatory nation is entitled to create currency for an initial distribution among citizens of that country, under the following conditions:
a. They shall count how many citizens they have who do not currently hold accounts via any existing signatory nation.
b. They shall be entitled to 7,500 units of currency per citizen counted in this manner, to be distributed as they see fit.

7. In addition to section 6, the member nations may authorise a special, once-off creation or destruction of currency if 2/3 of all member nations agree.

Read more: http://apollopolis.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=market&action=display&thread=14#ixzz24oFRpacv

It's just a federated Fiat system I guess.. hopefully they'll see the light and just come to bitcoin Wink

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:00:03 PM

It's just a federated Fiat system I guess.. hopefully they'll see the light and just come to bitcoin Wink

Yep that's the obvious next step. This is the camel's nose under the tent.  First, sovereign individuals...then, micronations...then,  macronations!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: