Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:26:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be less than 100$ by the end of the year  (Read 3085 times)
thedogeking

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:34:21 PM

I think so too. Not much changing + all the coins being mined I feel price will steadily decline.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:32:42 PM

Nothing to see here. THIS is almost a certainty. All major chartanalysts are preparing us for sub $100 prices.

How many chartists predicted the last three bull markets?
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:38:43 PM

Nothing to see here. THIS is almost a certainty. All major chartanalysts are preparing us for sub $100 prices.

How many chartists predicted the last three bull markets?

^^This was not serious. In my opinion, we are stabilizing @200 level.

All good analysts think we are heading much lower. They have a big followership. Hence most people apreciating lower prices already have positioned themselves accordingly at the sidelines. Who is going to sell, if not a whale from here? Therfore at best I can imagine a flash crash on will with included fast recovery. Afterwards we might see a long lasting lateral movement.

Edit: In hindsight we could realize, that as we are speaking are already in the midst (for 3 month+) of a bullmarket! Window of opprotzunity is closing soon wth the triangle. I am happy with every move.

* Down is good for all the Mt. Gox bitcoin holders (me included) as the relative return in bitcoin is higher, the lower the price.
* Stabilizing is good for long-time faith in the tech, prohibiting excesses in mining and merchant/consumer adoption.
* Up is good because it draws in a lot of new people and helps spreading the bitcion knowledge.

Always wrong until not.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:03:27 PM

* Down is good for all the Mt. Gox bitcoin holders (me included) as the relative return in bitcoin is higher, the lower the price.

Well, if the conversion-rate of BTC/JPY indeed is fixed, it doesn't make much of a difference how the price performs. The ratio of how the remaining assets (FIAT holdings, BTC, assets, etc.) are being distributed among the creditors. Do we actually know for sure which method of determining the different creditors' stakes will be used or is this just mere conjecture!?

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:56:42 AM

Am i right or wrong??
you're the boss, you tell us
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:27:18 PM

the more it will stay around 200 the more hard it will be to dump under it

Exactly the opposite. The more it stays around here means it is failing to get up. Going down becomes a likelier option with each passing day.

i don't think so, because the more it stay there, the more it means that many bought at that value, so the price is consolidated , thus preventing the price to be dumped under that amount

Its not consolidated as there are new coins coming in everyday. In case of Bitcoins, either there is an upward thrust, or it is going to get down soon.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:50:27 PM

Exactly the opposite. The more it stays around here means it is failing to get up. Going down becomes a likelier option with each passing day.

i don't think so, because the more it stay there, the more it means that many bought at that value, so the price is consolidated , thus preventing the price to be dumped under that amount

Its not consolidated as there are new coins coming in everyday. In case of Bitcoins, either there is an upward thrust, or it is going to get down soon.

agreed bitcoin is at a pivotal moment at the moment things have the chance of going pair shaped lol Tongue

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:18:48 PM

this is what i means with consolidated, the more coins are dumped at 200, the more it will be rock solid, until a point where no one(besides miners, but their dump isn't so huge in my view, also the halving is coming to make them less harmful) will dump under that value(200 in this case),
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:18:54 PM

if it ever reaches $100 again then every coin in existence will get bought. people are not stupid for missing out on that chance. whales will get even bigger.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:43:11 AM

if it ever reaches $100 again then every coin in existence will get bought. people are not stupid for missing out on that chance. whales will get even bigger.

Well, at some point the price will have gone so low that the underlying economy may take a hit that is too big to maybe ever recover from it. At some point too many people will have lost hope and abandon Bitcoin for good. We're not at this point yet, but if it goes into the double digits, things might get pretty dangerous rather quickly! Let's hope that it doesn't ever comes that far!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
neordicICE

Activity: 505

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:45:33 AM

Now it wont, that's just crazy talk. Bitcoin wont go lower then $160 because I say so!  Cheesy I do think bitcoin will fall below $100 really.. maybe even to $50  Grin
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:13:16 AM

I can't help but think that increasing adoption will prevent the price from dropping to 100 USD.  However, adoption has been increasing as we've dropped from 1000+ to the 220 we are at today.  Basically no way to know, but unless something fundamentally wrong is found with the protocol, I think bitcoin is here to stay.

Good Luck!
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 10:43:03 AM

Yet another post claiming what the price will be with ZERO evidence to support it.

WHY ?

The price will be less than $100 by the end of the year

WHY ?

If you have no fucking reasons then stop wasting my time.
Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:22:55 AM

I don't think it will happen, maybe for this year
bitcoin have strong support at mid $100-ish
although big (bad) event can affect bitcoin price, for example ISIS use bitcoin to purchase weapon system
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:25:36 PM

Whatever floats your boat, but dont sink mine.

The rebound happens when its least expected in short spans, and the bigger ones are the one most people think they get it right based on PR news with btc with the whole ETF possibility.

I see everything based on risk management and each person has their own levels of risk, I invest not based on price.

I invest on the possibility of others adapting this technology which has significant value along with comparing the gold standard.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:49:36 PM

And 99% of all those new coins coming up daily are basically means of scammers to get BTC off the unaware holders. Everyone wants to get BTC secretly or not.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:47:58 PM

The price could also be over 500$ by the end of the year, there is no true way of knowing what will happen..
I think it's weird how many people don't understand that. Speculation is guessing, that's all, guessing. Perhaps it's comforting to think that some guru somewhere can predict the future?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:26:41 PM

The price could also be over 500$ by the end of the year, there is no true way of knowing what will happen..

I dont know, it been on a downward trend, and keeps to seem going down in the overall view.

But yeah, price spikes can happen at any given moment which I will never know why. Half the time I`m thinking its a whale who just recently got extra money to blow and decided to buy like 5000 btc.

ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:20:18 AM

Am i right or wrong??

With the halving of the block reward around the corner, I would expect a huge bull run.  Wink

We can hope. Hopefully the halving should push the price up especially with the amount of adoption we should have by then.

"Around the corner" is still 1 1/4 years down the road, though. Although it is a good thing that it's not even longer until then, we need to cut down the supply of new coins ASAP, especially regarding the current prices and trends!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:44:21 AM

Well, at some point the price will have gone so low that the underlying economy may take a hit that is too big to maybe ever recover from it. At some point too many people will have lost hope and abandon Bitcoin for good. We're not at this point yet, but if it goes into the double digits, things might get pretty dangerous rather quickly! Let's hope that it doesn't ever comes that far!

from this point the price will surely go up. it still might dip below $200 but with the halving in sight bitcoin looks very solid as investment. what happens after that comes later.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: