Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:35:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Prime Controller Destroy or Distribute  (Read 4703 times)
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:18:52 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 02:23:42 AM by BitJohn

I am taking a poll to decide the fate of the Cryptsy Prime Controller. Why a poll? Because though a few outspoken forum members wish us to destroy it we would like to be sure that the majority feel this should be the fate.

Some members felt that we should also de-list the coin due to Mr Garza's involvement. At this point it is my opinion that the only people affected by such a move would be the current stakeholders who would lose a large amount of value in their holdings. So at this time a de-listing is unlikely.

To reiterate the only dealings Cryptsy has had with Mr Garza was as a customer. There was no formal relationship. I can assure you all legal steps taken in regard to that situation have been taken. Most of you realize we cannot release more information than that for legal reasons.

We will leave the poll up for a week or two. Thanks for your participation.

Click Here to vote

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:29:23 PM

missing de-list XPY + kill PC option. doubt this poll will work, as there will be many paid shills flowing in.

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:31:30 PM

de-list XPY + kill PC

ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:31:38 PM

I am taking a poll to decide the fate of the Cryptsy Prime Controller. Why a poll? Because though a few outspoken forum members wish us to destroy it we would like to be sure that the majority feel this should be the fate.

Some members felt that we should also de-list the coin due to Mr Garza's involvement. At this point it is my opinion that the only people affected by such a move would be the current stakeholders who would lose a large amount of value in their holdings. So at this time a de-listing is unlikely.

To reiterate the only dealings Cryptsy has had with Mr Garza was as a customer. There was no formal relationship. I can assure you all legal steps taken in regard to that situation have been taken. Most of you realize we cannot release more information than that for legal reasons.

Click Here to vote

"No formal relationship" - You mean aside from the fact that Cryptsy CTO was apparently BFF's with Josh Garza and talked about "cupping his balls" all the time?

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:31:52 PM

missing de-list XPY + kill PC option. doubt this poll will work, as there will be many paid shills flowing in.

Thats why I left the other option available.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:33:06 PM

Click Here to vote

"No formal relationship" - You mean aside from the fact that Cryptsy CTO was apparently BFF's with Josh Garza and talked about "cupping his balls" all the time?

Ill have to look but I do not believe Marshall was the CTO at that time he has recently joined the company. Bryant was our CTO when we added XPY.
ladrx

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:36:25 PM

Click Here to vote

Ill have to look but I do not believe Marshall was the CTO at that time he has recently joined the company. Bryant was our CTO when we added XPY.

So it is not at all concerning to you that Marshall Long has a pre-existing close relationship with a known scammer/tax evader/money launderer???

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
GIFOS

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:36:56 PM

Click Here to vote

LMAO!!!
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:42:59 PM

Click Here to vote

So it is not at all concerning to you that Marshall Long has a pre-existing close relationship with a known scammer/tax evader/money launderer???

Not really my lane as far as hiring though the "close" relationship aspect does not show collusion. Many in this community, and this forum spoke with MagicalTux (Knaples) only to later learn he was not a good person. If we knew at the time that XPY would turn into such a catastrophe we would not have carried it. At this point however the harm would be to the folks that he fleeced not the suspect himself. So who do you want punished?
ladrx

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:47:35 PM

Click Here to vote

Not really my lane as far as hiring though the "close" relationship aspect does not show collusion. Many in this community, and this forum spoke with MagicalTux (Knaples) only to later learn he was not a good person. If we knew at the time that XPY would turn into such a catastrophe we would not have carried it. At this point however the harm would be to the folks that he fleeced not the suspect himself. So who do you want punished?

Well, there's an easy way to help mitigate the damages that Cryptsy has played an integral part in: DELIST THE FUCKING COIN. If you do not do this, you might as well paint a big red fucking target on Cryptsy for all the alphabet agencies to fixate on, and as far as I'm concerned you will be complicit in any future criminal acts that Josh Garza commits (ignoring for the moment that Cryptsy has apparently aided and abetted money laundering for Josh's operation for quite some time). Why is this even a discussion for you? Can you not see how bad this makes your company look???

Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:49:48 PM

So who do you want punished?

I don't want Cryptsy "punished", I want Cryptsy to stop trading XPY, which is a 97% premined scamcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Franz_Huber
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:50:57 PM

Well, there's an easy way to help mitigate the damages that Cryptsy has played an integral part in: DELIST THE FUCKING COIN. If you do not do this, you might as well paint a big red fucking target on Cryptsy for all the alphabet agencies to fixate on, and as far as I'm concerned you will be complicit in any future criminal acts that Josh Garza commits (ignoring for the moment that Cryptsy has apparently aided and abetted money laundering for Josh's operation for quite some time). Why is this even a discussion for you? Can you not see how bad this makes your company look???

+1

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:52:21 PM

Click Here to vote

Again de-listing the coin only harms the current stakeholders not the individual you want to hurt. It is also listed at other exchanges. As far as the complicit I have already stated we took the appropriate and only legal action we are allowed to take in regards to that situation.

On another note: I have not spoken to the boss in regards to de-listing if it wins the poll we will have a serious discussion on that matter.
ladrx

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:59:53 PM

Click Here to vote

Again de-listing the coin only harms the current stakeholders not the individual you want to hurt. It is also listed at other exchanges. As far as the complicit I have already stated we took the appropriate and only legal action we are allowed to take in regards to that situation.

On another note: I have not spoken to the boss in regards to de-listing if it wins the poll we will have a serious discussion on that matter.

John, I appreciate the fact that you are responding. I hope that you will take these concerns very seriously. The ship has sailed for the XPY bagholders. They already lost like 90+% of their investments. This is about crippling Josh Garza's ongoing scam operations and ensuring that this disaster comes to a close. This coin will never lose the taint of Josh Garza, no matter how many hillbilly priests take over the coin and anoint it with holy water. If you want to do the right thing, the right thing is: delist (coin), destroy (prime controller), denounce (Josh and GAW). To do anything else is folly. 

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:04:56 PM

Click Here to vote

John, I appreciate the fact that you are responding. I hope that you will take these concerns very seriously. The ship has sailed for the XPY bagholders. They already lost like 90+% of their investments. This is about crippling Josh Garza's ongoing scam operations and ensuring that this disaster comes to a close. This coin will never lose the taint of Josh Garza, no matter how many hillbilly priests take over the coin and anoint it with holy water. If you want to do the right thing, the right thing is: delist (coin), destroy (prime controller), denounce (Josh and GAW). To do anything else is folly. 

You make some great points and I appreciate the candid discussion. Probably one of the better written responses I have seen Smiley I think you will get the majority if not all of those requests. I just want the folks to be able to get in their 2 cents before we make a unilateral move that may affect the bagholders.

One of the reasons we generally don't de-list coins is we feel that removing even a horribly performing coin is bad for the customer so we keep them. I think de-listing coins perpetuates the pump and dump mentality.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:09:13 PM

One of the reasons we generally don't de-list coins is we feel that removing even a horribly performing coin is bad for the customer so we keep them. I think de-listing coins perpetuates the pump and dump mentality.

Paycoin is not a "horribly performing coin", it's a scam. Angry  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:10:58 PM

Does your cto still owe Homero a handjob?

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:18:06 PM

Oh FFS, enough with the theatrics. Just do the right thing already.

Return the controller
Delist XPY
Try to salvage your reputation

This poll is just absolutely pathetic.

Well that is an unpleasant surprise, our fit friend "hey bud" is the CTO of Cryptsy. Having used them extensively in the past I cannot complain of any real issues, other than a few clearly sloppy technical annoyances e.g. daemons being down and withdrawals having to be manually effected causing delays, coins on deposit mysteriously vanishing for several days etc. etc. All makes sense now. Fit body equals a fit mind... Roll Eyes

More importantly what about the MAT asic deal that was brokered? Someone came in here months ago detailing how "bud" maneuvered into MAT's first batch that was long pre-sold to the poor masses, and had them diverted to Gomero's operation. Thus effectively re-selling sold goods with is a no-no in the EU. The entire email dealings and contracts are on file in the dump, not clear the final outcome without digging them up again but crafty "bud" might have been too crafty, on top of his agreed commission for brokering the deal, tried to insist on an escrow being used, obviously to tap an additional margin on the cost of the goods...

Worse is is his fascination with this or "these"   Shocked

Subject:    Re: Booth for Hashers United
Date:    Fri, 03 Oct 2014 19:55:25 -0700
To:    Josh Garza <josh@btc.com>

Ok,

Calm your tits. If your team comes early, and commandeers an adjacent space, and sets up in time, Ill just pat your ass and cup your balls. Tell your team to plan better bro. We literally finalized the floor plan 1 hour before amber called. That is not on me. However, I love your balls and it is fine.

But you gotta give me an hj. Deal?

Date: Friday, October 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM
To: Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com>
Subject: Fwd: Booth for Hashers United

You got to be kidding? We paid you 20k

Don't make this an issue you asshat

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Oct 3, 2014 9:46 PM
Subject: Booth for Hashers United
To: "Evan Jones" <ejones@gawminers.com>, "Josh Garza" <josh@btc.com>, "Rami Abramov" <rami@btc.com>, "Christian Gogol" <christian@gawminers.com>
Cc:

Hi guys,
Sorry for the late notice. I just spoke with Marshall from Final Hash. If we use the 20x10 structure Monica created for us, they are saying we will have to get an additional both, which will cost extra.

I spoke with Monica and she said we can use just 10ft of the booth if we want, its still functional that way.

So my question is, do we want to use the whole structure and pay for the extra space, use 10ft and stay at the same price, or i can try to get the extra space without extra cost(so far hasn't worked for me)

Thank you for your thoughts!

Subject: SMS from Marshall Long [(972) 658-8670]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:04:31 +0000
From: Marshall Long (SMS) <18025798360.19726588670.jGP6392m7h@txt.voice.google.com>
To: josh@geniusesatwork.com

Its all good dude. Im just bustin your balls.

Subject:    Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas
Date:    Wed, 01 Oct 2014 23:24:55 +0000 (GMT)
To:    josh@btc.com

Yo let me in on the live interview bro. Il cup your balls

Sent from my Sprint phone

------ Original message------

Date: Wed, Oct 1, 2014 16:04

To: Marshall Long;

Cc: Marco Streng;Abram Kottmeier;Leo Iruke;

Subject:Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas

hurry, or I am going to make them choose one of your questions for the live interview Smiley

Josh Garza
CEO- GAW Corp

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com> wrote:

Hahaha. Its on the charger. Imma call u in 1 minute

Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    Cc: Marco Streng <marco.streng@genesis-mining.com>, Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, Leo Iruke <leoslaw@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas

i am reneging

pick up your phone!

Josh Garza
    CEO- GAW Corp

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com> wrote:

Nobody cares. You picked the mclaren. Live with your choice rook

Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM
        Cc: Marco Streng <marco.streng@genesis-mining.com>, Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, <leoslaw@gmail.com>

I want that one, thats the only one I don’t already have Smiley

Josh Garza
        CEO- GAW Corp

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com> wrote:

Give him the huracan… marco yu cant just say lambo dude…

Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM
            To: Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com>, Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, <Josh@btc.com>, <leoslaw@gmail.com>

Haha, then let's go with the lambo. Is that fine Abram?
            Thank you guys btw. this is really a great idea!

Greetings,
            Marco

Am 01.10.2014 22:23, schrieb Marshall Long:
>             Marco,
>
>             Here are your options.
>
>             Www.exoticsracing.com
>             No bugatti’s. Don’t be greedy bud Smiley
>
>             From: Marco Streng <marco.streng@genesis-mining.com>
>             Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM
>             To: Abram Kottmeier <abramkottmeier@gmail.com>, <Josh@btc.com>, <leoslaw@gmail.com>, Marshall Long <marshall.long@me.com>, Dave Carlson <dave@megabigpower.com>
>             Subject: Re: Let's Race Cars in Vegas
>
>             Haha, that sounds fantastic! Let's get it rolling Smiley
>
>             Wednesday noon is perfect!
>
>             Is bugatti veyron also an option?
>
>             Greetings from Munich,
>             Marco
>
>             Am 01.10.2014 22:31, schrieb Abram Kottmeier:
>>             Hope everyone's Wednesday is rocking!
>>
>>             I've been working with Dave Carlson and Mega Big Power for a few months now. He suggested we get a group of guys together and go race exotic cars out the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. If we do it on Wednesday it could be a perfect break in between shows and a whole lot of fun. We can race Ferrari's, Lambo's, they've even got a McLaren.
>>
>>             Dave's been gracious enough to cover a 5-lap sessi

capsqrl

Activity: 444

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:19:56 PM

Delisting XPY is the only right thing to do. As for the PC, destroy it if technically possible. Returning it is the second choice.

Norsk Bitcoin-bruker? Kom til /r/BitcoinNO på reddit!
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:20:27 PM

I would need to create a sock puppet to accurately respond to these two. Obviously I can only respond in an official capacity... But let me give it a shot.

We do not condone sexual favors

The issue at hand now is that the XPY blockchain is in the wild and there are other folks "bagholders" if you will who will be adversely affected. These folk are our primary consideration at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: