Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for palyers who are at a loss from gambling.  (Read 1159 times)
jarvanIV (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:14:46 PM

As the subject says i am interested to hearing peoples gambling losses, i am a little strange but i lost a few bitcoin last night on dice and my way of dealing with it is to hear others have been in the same boat.

Maybe you have lost more than 2.3btc if so where, when and how did you manage to lose your bitcoin?

Disclaimer if it is to hard for you to come to terms with don't reply i am only looking for those who are willing losers, jk. Looking for those that don't care about their losses!

If you have had big wins or are in profit then you could finish the losses post with a positive vibe as not to put people of more than needed lol

Only gamble what you can afford to lose, (is what i should have listened to) Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:29:43 PM

I think you have to have fixed limits for profit,deposits and losses before you begin to play
Write in a paper the maximum you can deposit(afford to lose), the profit that you want to get,and when you want to stop playing
You have to strictly follow these amounts
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:30:51 PM

Its stupid to gamble with what you can't handle like you said.
I have lost a  lot initally as well, and the only good that has come out of it, is that I don't waste money on dice/other gambling games. I do a little bit of sports betting and Poker , thats all.

After losing before over 2 BTC, I looked for threads like these https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345103.0  , and stopped gambling thereafter, It becomes an addiction if you keep continuing after losing  
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:39:58 PM

As the subject says i am interested to hearing peoples gambling losses, i am a little strange but i lost a few bitcoin last night on dice and my way of dealing with it is to hear others have been in the same boat.

Maybe you have lost more than 2.3btc if so where, when and how did you manage to lose your bitcoin?

Disclaimer if it is to hard for you to come to terms with don't reply i am only looking for those who are willing losers, jk. Looking for those that don't care about their losses!

If you have had big wins or are in profit then you could finish the losses post with a positive vibe as not to put people of more than needed lol

Only gamble what you can afford to lose, (is what i should have listened to) Smiley

If you can find other people who have lost the same or large amounts im assuming that means you feel better about yourself for gambling too hard?  

There probably aren't many adults around who havent gambled more than they would like to have on a particular life bet, even if that is a non conventional gambling method.  I wouldnt feel bad about a one off if you have recognised the problem, then work on ways to stop it from happening again.  This post concerns me a little that you are trying to normalize the situation too much, most people gamble purely for fun, not stress.
jarvanIV (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:55:04 PM

I think you have to have fixed limits for profit,deposits and losses before you begin to play
Write in a paper the maximum you can deposit(afford to lose), the profit that you want to get,and when you want to stop playing
You have to strictly follow these amounts

Thanks for the advice and to be fair i did try to limit myself but after losing one btc i started chasing and depositing again to try win it back, i am backing away from it from now but if i do have a bet on the weekend i will do as you have stated and make sure i stick to it.

Its stupid to gamble with what you can't handle like you said.
I have lost a  lot initally as well, and the only good that has come out of it, is that I don't waste money on dice/other gambling games. I do a little bit of sports betting and Poker , thats all.

After losing before over 2 BTC, I looked for threads like these https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345103.0  , and stopped gambling thereafter, It becomes an addiction if you keep continuing after losing 

So it is not unusual that guys lose a few btc and feel bad, i am not alone  Undecided I am joining you with just a weekend bet on sports and i also like to play poker so instead of throwing the btc away at least i will have fun playing poker win or lose. Thanks for the link i will take a look at it shortly.

If you can find other people who have lost the same or large amounts im assuming that means you feel better about yourself for gambling too hard? 

There probably aren't many adults around who havent gambled more than they would like to have on a particular life bet, even if that is a non conventional gambling method.  I wouldnt feel bad about a one off if you have recognised the problem, then work on ways to stop it from happening again.  This post concerns me a little that you are trying to normalize the situation too much, most people gamble purely for fun, not stress.

Assuming there are more people who have lost more would not exactly make me feel better because i like people losing more about i am not alone in losing more than i set out to.

Yes definitely see the problem and i won't be doing that again to feel the way i did  Undecided

Huh who said i gambled for stress? lol I gambled for profit as most people do but it backfired hard and this is the first time i had got acrried away like that.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:16:41 PM

Huh who said i gambled for stress? lol I gambled for profit as most people do but it backfired hard and this is the first time i had got acrried away like that.

Well you said:

"Only gamble what you can afford to lose, (is what i should have listened to) Smiley"

Sounds like the amount you deposit or decided to play with was going to cause you stress if you lost, and you did, sounds like end result = some stress.  Why bother playing a game for stress?
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:16:51 PM

Only gamble what you can afford to lose, (is what i should have listened to)
you know how to treat gamble but can't resist it! So you end up losing money. If you lose money, you still try to win back. If you win, you still try to win more! You never stop gambling, you will always lose money in gamble!
jarvanIV (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:43:37 PM

Well you said:

"Only gamble what you can afford to lose, (is what i should have listened to) Smiley"

Sounds like the amount you deposit or decided to play with was going to cause you stress if you lost, and you did, sounds like end result = some stress.  Why bother playing a game for stress?

Let me break it down for you, I set out to gamble 0.5btc win or lose that was my limit 'what I could afford to lose', all would have been good and happy and I could not have cared less, then for some reason because I lost quickly I felt hard done by and I went back on my word and deposited more trying to chase the small 0.5bct.

Do you have any idea about gambling because it seems you don't understand what happens when you start chasing losses 'I got carried away'. Yes of course I set out to stress myself that is why I had a limit of 0.5btc i could afford to lose lol.

Only gamble what you can afford to lose, (is what i should have listened to)
you know how to treat gamble but can't resist it! So you end up losing money. If you lose money, you still try to win back. If you win, you still try to win more! You never stop gambling, you will always lose money in gamble!

Exactly great you understand mate, that was the first time I had got carried away like that which was shame as now I will not play it again. Was fun while it lasted. Oh and really stressful every time I deposited  lol
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:28:09 PM

Well you said:

Sounds like the amount you deposit or decided to play with was going to cause you stress if you lost, and you did, sounds like end result = some stress.  Why bother playing a game for stress?
Let me break it down for you, I set out to gamble 0.5btc win or lose that was my limit 'what I could afford to lose', all would have been good and happy and I could not have cared less, then for some reason because I lost quickly I felt hard done by and I went back on my word and deposited more trying to chase the small 0.5bct.
Do you have any idea about gambling because it seems you don't understand what happens when you start chasing losses 'I got carried away'. Yes of course I set out to stress myself that is why I had a limit of 0.5btc i could afford to lose lol.

Then you gambled too big too soon maybe or you weren't prepared for such a bad run too soon? I understand gambling very well yes, i understand chasing losses.  In the end if you are making -ev bets you are always going to be down & any other outcome in the short term is just variance fooling you.  Best to just play it as pure entertainment.... bet small at first if you want the best chance to be entertained for longer.

bitbaby

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 09:03:01 AM

I don't really care about my losses because I don't go overboard. If I want to gamble I set a limit and if I lose that I just close the site and start doing something else.

I can't say that I am in a loss but if I calculate it overall I would come out in neutral.

Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:50:58 AM

The problem with ''Gamble what you can afford to lose'' is that almost no one follows that logic and even if they do at start when they eventually lose they will start playing with more money, its hard to stop gambling when you are loosing. I personally have lost a good amount of btc that i earned from faucets and other websites and i feel bad for it. I once lost almost 2 btc that i won from like 0.01 so technically i only lost 0.01 but you know what i mean

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:01:46 AM

The problem with ''Gamble what you can afford to lose'' is that almost no one follows that logic and even if they do at start when they eventually lose they will start playing with more money, its hard to stop gambling when you are loosing. I personally have lost a good amount of btc that i earned from faucets and other websites and i feel bad for it. I once lost almost 2 btc that i won from like 0.01 so technically i only lost 0.01 but you know what i mean

Bad times when you work hard for your funds for them to be cleaned out by a site that already has enough funds  Undecided Like above says and what you have said OP gambling what you can afford to lose is easier said than done isn't it!?

Your losses are very similar to losses I had awhile ago but the prices was higher then it worked out I lost $1000 but I have seen members here lose so much more than that! The trick is learning from your mistake if you can do that then it was money well spent.

Good luck beating the losses and getting back on track.

Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:07:46 AM

Gambling is like drugs sometimes and im not saying this, scientists are, and its pretty sad that this happens but i think everything is because of society. There is a quote i like

''Don't think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.''

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:37:53 AM

it is really normal when you gamble and lost money, you can't expect you can be rich though gambling.
And I lost some money on gambling site, but not too much, I gamble only for fun.
cheak0

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:04:10 PM

all ponzi games are scams stay away from them
Josef27

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:18:14 PM

-snip-
it is really normal when you gamble and lost money, you can't expect you can be rich though gambling.
And I lost some money on gambling site, but not too much, I gamble only for fun.
It's normal when you gambling on a long run, you'll eventually lose.
The only one that make profits it just luck. Only made bets with high multiplier and win, then stop.

Unless it's a game, like blackjack or something, depend on your skill (luck also)
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:24:43 PM

As the subject says i am interested to hearing peoples gambling losses

I am one of them which you are looking for

i am a little strange but i lost a few bitcoin last night on dice

Not strange, just not lucky to win some or too greedy and then continue to play in hope of winning more

IIRC, I lost like 4+ BTC just from betting on directbet alone, not to mention the other sites like PD and also satoshimines. Total could be like 6+ BTC and it was like 6 months ago or so.

The reason that I lost a lot in Directbet was too greedy , I made like 3 BTC from my initial bet of 0.1 BTC . Human nature as in greedy, I keep on betting the whole bankroll on hope to keep on multiplying my coins and suddenly boom I lost all of it. Desperate then I bet my 1 BTC in hope to get some of my losses back then it resulted into another lost for me.

If you have had big wins or are in profit then you could finish the losses post with a positive vibe

Never had any big win since then after that tragedy, I managed to control my greed and only bet a small amount in sports betting. Slow and steady to make a little profit ( im already recover most of what I lost so yeah )

Control your greed and do know when to stop, slow and steady is the best way to make "little" profit in a gambling sites

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:54:20 PM

all ponzi games are scams stay away from them

Lol are you for real ponzi? He clearly states in the OP he lost it on (dice)  Cheesy

-snip-
It's normal when you gambling on a long run, you'll eventually lose.
The only one that make profits it just luck. Only made bets with high multiplier and win, then stop.

Unless it's a game, like blackjack or something, depend on your skill (luck also)

I can see the point of this many times I have had a nice enough profit to leave but i think I am going to break the site in the bank of my head or something and win everything. (I don't mean break the actual site) Just the balance of the site. 

The only one to make profit in the long run is the site you are playing on that is why they have the site and the profits to continue.

After myself losing about the same in one hit i have stopped the betting on dice and any lose fast game, I now only play poker and bet a little on sports.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:35:10 PM

Misery loves company.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:42:11 PM

I lost more than 50 btc at last weekend on sport bets  Shocked

Then you are either rich or crazy or unlucky or a bit of everything Grin
IIpeBeD_MeDBeD
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:54:54 PM

I lost more than 50 btc at last weekend on sport bets  Shocked

Then you are either rich or crazy or unlucky or a bit of everything Grin
crazy and unlucky   Sad

kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:18:33 PM

I have also lost some bitcoins in gambling by trying martingale betting strategy at starting I have won finally I lost all my coins.

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:19:30 PM

You either have an advantage in a game, or you do not.

Poker players start on an endless process of improvement.
Poker players keep written records of their daily gains and losses.
Poker players learn from experience.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: