Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIRAL] [Trading Live - Bittrex + C-CEX] Advanced Development  (Read 276060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:16:08 AM

I am seeing alot of off the record buying ( by private messages) happening in the crowdfunding thread. What's up with that? What is the reason for keeping secret about buying this coin and how come so many people are doing that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
torshammer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:43:01 AM

I am seeing alot of off the record buying ( by private messages) happening in the crowdfunding thread. What's up with that? What is the reason for keeping secret about buying this coin and how come so many people are doing that?

Positioning my friend. Some people don't want others knowing they are in for various reasons, especially given the,  ummmmm, controversial nature of this coin. Others are affiliated with various groups and don't want to be seen moving in. Some people are hoping that the crowdfunding stays relatively low so they can move in and swoop up large shares of the coin. Some people are trolling the shit out of this coin while quietly buying. etc etc

Looks like Viral is gonna be Mr toads wild ride : -)
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:17:23 PM

Thank you Adam for your detailed response to my earlier post.

I understand that there is a certain amount you cannot / will not / did not say. So lets play that game from the spy films where you just nod if i am right, and stare out the window if i am wrong. Shall we?

1) The word botnet has been accidentally used a few times. I suspect that you would prefer this word not be used for Viral. However, that is what viral will actually be building under the radar, correct? with a couple key differences:

• All participation will be knowing and voluntary, and participants stand to make a good deal of money
  • There is a wide open possibility for sub bot nets - that is, having multiple accounts registered and earning money in each social network, all under one's own flag.
  • The individual participant / node gets to control his level of participation

2) There is a special sauce you do not seem to be talking about, but i think i have figured it out. The Viral network becomes truly viral when the network effect starts kicking in. In social networks, this comes in the form of likes, retweets etc. Unless i miss my guess, you intend to metric and monetize this, so that the whole viral netork - and revenue model - becomes the mother of all MLM style cash mashines. The deeper the reach the Viral network starts achieving, the bigger the cash flow from sponsors. Am I right?

3) There is this mysterious paragraph in the road map about "Verified". Sort of a burn your viral for permanent network status / node position. My guess is that this is all about the MLM structure, a way for core Viral members to establish very profitable sub-farms in the Viral network.

I admit some of this might be second-shooter type speculation. But it seems to me there is a deliberate effort to downplay some of these aspects of Viral, for whatever reason. And when I see whales lurking in this thread - well, where there is smoke, there is fire, that sort of thing.

I missed the radio show but will give it a listen this afternoon. Don't forget to nod / stare out the window my friend.

very good ideas! Thanks for sharinG. . I am little less worried with viral now Cry can't lose my last coins  Cry

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
WhatsGoinOn

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:39:22 PM

Watching.
Zavid Dimbeck

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:44:11 PM

Please send me a BTC address.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:53:35 PM

Link to crowdfunding thread is in the OP...

-tb-

cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:28:27 PM

Thank you Adam for your detailed response to my earlier post.

I understand that there is a certain amount you cannot / will not / did not say. So lets play that game from the spy films where you just nod if i am right, and stare out the window if i am wrong. Shall we?

Haha, ok  Wink

1) The word botnet has been accidentally used a few times. I suspect that you would prefer this word not be used for Viral. However, that is what viral will actually be building under the radar, correct? with a couple key differences:

• All participation will be knowing and voluntary, and participants stand to make a good deal of money
  • There is a wide open possibility for sub bot nets - that is, having multiple accounts registered and earning money in each social network, all under one's own flag.
  • The individual participant / node gets to control his level of participation

I Personally have not used that term to describe VIRAL , since I really do not see willing participants as bots or zombie machines in my control, which is how a botnet works, having a network of infected machines all reporting back to a central control server where you can make all of them do whatever you wish.

Right now in the beginning stages of VIRAL and its growth blueprint, the more VIRAL users that auth VIRAL to make posts on to their accounts the better for short term fast global growth of VIRAL. This way there are no favours placed onto certain accounts that have authed in the first stages, instead the main focus is on the global spread/reach of all the users put together. This will be most attractive to the early advertising sponsors when they see simple and clean stats and allows the sponsor funds spent to equally spread over the coin's value collectively on the short term and long term as well, but with the long term comes more incentives that will be passed onto the more active accounts with more followers and better reach/geolocation. There will be no need to implement any limitations in the early stages of deployment of VIRAL for the users when it comes to controlling their level of participation, all for the right reasons, we need to ensure that the network grows and the reach expands at a steady rate and not compromise that needed short term boost type growth of the VIRAL's reach as there will be many advertisers watching closely to see the growth and make their decisions on what budgets to apply to their campaigns all based on the reach.

2) There is a special sauce you do not seem to be talking about, but i think i have figured it out. The Viral network becomes truly viral when the network effect starts kicking in. In social networks, this comes in the form of likes, retweets etc. Unless i miss my guess, you intend to metric and monetize this, so that the whole viral netork - and revenue model - becomes the mother of all MLM style cash mashines. The deeper the reach the Viral network starts achieving, the bigger the cash flow from sponsors. Am I right?

Pretty much spot on, however I could have laid that out in less descriptive means haha

3) There is this mysterious paragraph in the road map about "Verified". Sort of a burn your viral for permanent network status / node position. My guess is that this is all about the MLM structure, a way for core Viral members to establish very profitable sub-farms in the Viral network.

Im gonna look out the window on this one, it's too early to get too deep into the HUGE potential behind the deep metrics of VIRAL that will fall into place when target growth points are crossed.

I admit some of this might be second-shooter type speculation. But it seems to me there is a deliberate effort to downplay some of these aspects of Viral, for whatever reason. And when I see whales lurking in this thread - well, where there is smoke, there is fire, that sort of thing.

Smart individuals who simply know how to use Google and do a little research into the aspects of VIRAL that they are not familiar with, are able to gather just how incredible VIRAL is, the idea, the goals and the structure combined, truly a revolutionary platform devised to allow content creators (active members of social networks) to finally be motivated and rewarded for their content along with being a part of something that will be seen as a historical moment in crypto-currency related ventures for decades to come everyone who embraces VIRAL will be known as the movers and shakers who were the earliest adopters!

I missed the radio show but will give it a listen this afternoon. Don't forget to nod / stare out the window my friend.

Now I am dissapointed, listen to it when you can and let me know if you enjoyed, you can really hear the excitment in my voice maybe too much on the show, however I am just really stoked to finally see VIRAL getting the attention it deserves and seeing people who are also very impressed with it.

I have just finished listening to the in depth interview of Viral developer at https://www.mixcloud.com/dogedradio/viral-coin-released-interviewing-the-developer/   That was a very worthwhile listen. I am now fairly certain that my own personal theories of what the Viral devs are building are correct.

While it is understandable that Viral wants to downplay the - well -  Viral - nature of its revenue model out of a wish to keep it somewhat under wraps - and perhaps the desire to control a large share of the market cap - i doubt that will work very long. There are a number of studies out there that have compared the spreading mechanisms of social sharing to infectious diseases. This seems to be what Viral is aiming to monetize. Some friends and I ran some numbers today at lunch to see what each of us might male with minimal participation in Viral, based off our modest social reach. The numbers i must say were intriguing.

I find this project quite interesting, and am watching the actual escrow thread to see how the market cap begins to shape up.

JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:38:57 PM

Is this the same Adam you are referring to?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=924474.msg10149238#msg10149238

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
imbladednow

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:17:18 PM

-tb-
I did not get my address yet

ViralDev (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:24:15 PM

-tb-

Hi

BayAreaCoins is in a different time zone, probably asleep. He will certainly be updating the escrow page upon arising.

thanks

Viral Dev
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:39:06 PM

It is definetely an interesting concept.
But tell us more about the celeb dev.
S(he) would be the only reason at the moment to crowdfund the coin.
imbladednow

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:58:17 PM

-tb-

Hi

BayAreaCoins is in a different time zone, probably asleep. He will certainly be updating the escrow page upon arising.

thanks

Viral Dev

I c. I will wait some more. It is late here and I need to sleep.. waiting is tiring Haha  Grin

terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:09:27 PM

It is definetely an interesting concept.
But tell us more about the celeb dev.
S(he) would be the only reason at the moment to crowdfund the coin.

Dunno about that celeb bit, i think they are referring to Adam G's rep as badboy of internet marketing. Seems to be tons of controversy about how he gets things done but bottom line is he gets things done. I woulda put "badass internet marketing gury" in the OP instead of "celeb" but whatever.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:53:20 PM

Well i did my own search for pix of adam g on the internet hoping to find hookers and blow and this is what came up

JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:58:28 PM

Dev,
Please answer me.

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
lindeanin

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:01:27 PM

Hello from me too finally, got some trouble with the bloody provider whole day and btc is going VIRAL  Grin

So i want to share some info i got from google about social media please enjoy Wink

Twitter Statistics

“Twitter users who see tweets from B2B tech brands are more likely to visit the sites of these brands. A recent study found that Twitter users visit B2B tech brand sites at a higher rate (59%) compared to average Internet users (40%), illustrating the strong presence of a B2B audience on Twitter. (CMO)

There is 50% crossover of members on Instagram and Twitter. (SteamFeed)

Tweets with 1-2 hashtags get 21% higher average engagement than those with none; but tweets with more than 3 hashtags get 17% less engagement. (SteamFeed)

Grandparents are the fastest-growing demographic on Twitter. (#Socialnomics 2014)

Twitter has 255 million monthly active users. (Social Media Slant)

53% of Twitter users recommend products in their tweets at some time. (Social Media Slant)

Statistics source is :
http://webbiquity.com/social-media-marketing/106-more-amazing-social-media-and-marketing-statistics-for-2014-and-2015/

We all must realize how much money are the social networks making from the common user, and it's free !
Getting payed for your efforts is the most natural thing there is in the 21th century. Isn't it ?
So im joining the crowd fund with both hands.

Go Viral Team GO !
Count me in for the meme contests

C ya
ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

Hi There

Adam does have a private group connected to Bitcoin trading, one of his many side pursuits. He also runs a fairly active Bitcoin teamspeak trading room. Feel free to drop him a PM if you are interested in info.

ViralDev
imbladednow

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:30:33 PM

I can not be awake too much longer. I will see again tomorrow if I get address. Hope so Huh

ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:01:24 PM

I can not be awake too much longer. I will see again tomorrow if I get address. Hope so Huh

All good.Shoot us a PM tomorrow if it is not sorted when you wake : -)

ViralDev
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:07:56 PM

Crowdfund will go on until May 5th.  So unless you plan on sleeping for the next 5 days, you will have plenty of time to buy in.    Grin

-tb-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: